• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you guys feel about James' Morpeko?

Do you like Morpeko?

• Total voters

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Just curious to know how do people feel about Morpeko.

Personally I can't say that I'm a fan.

I know it's simply meant to be a Gagmon but does anyone find Morpeko to be a bit unlikable?

It just seems like it only exists as a hindrance to TR.
Even after James caught it.

I know a lot of people wanted TR to get rid of the Gatcha Machine but I am unsure if Morpeko was the right choice for their first capture.
I'm not really feeling any chemistry between them

Also I know James bonded with Morpeko but I still question whether or not Morpeko actually cares about James in the slightest. It just feels like a one-sided relationship to me?

Does anyone else feel this way?

How do you guys feel about Morpeko?

Do you think James catching it was good idea?

Last edited:

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I feel relatively indifferent. Generally Morpeko, I think would have worked better as a Gagmon which hinders not only the TRio but also Ash & Goh so it should really have just been a Wild Pokemon showing up in Episodes here and there. Like, I genuinely enjoyed its interactions with Ash in the latest Episode. I don't understand why it was captured by James. It doesn't feel like a "Jamesmon" to me.

D

Deleted member 384931

Nothing really changed when being caught. Still annoying.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm indifferent to it. I don't mind its gag that much and it was very cute in the James episode (haven't watched the latest episode yet)
I think it's a nice Mon to get still and could work well for Trio, let's see

LazySpy

Kimty
I hate it.

Thats all.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I don't like it, but at the moment is one of the possible developments that Team Rocket has for the future since I think they will try to control him in Hunger mode, so it could lead to something interesting

The other development is Chloe X Meowth that not even in my wildest dreams I would have imagined.

BobbbidyBob

an episode with just Morpeko and James bonding would be nice I think

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Indifferent as for right now.

The capture episode kind shows what SHOULD have been his character: he is actually nice and adorable but gets out of control when hangry mode triggers. It could lead to some development if it was presented as an issue Morpeko had to overcome and TR would be the ones to help it.

However the directing clearly decide it should be a gag to make TR suffer for the lulz thus we are where we are right now.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yeah, but her Morpeko actually has some backstory, unlike Grimmsnarl.
I mean it’s surface level stuff. And the anime rarely goes into heavy details about the backstories of rival’s Pokémon. She doesn’t need Morpeko to be important. And the anime isn’t above ignoring game characters relations to Pokémon case and point Lillie and Nebby in SM

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Indifference leaning towards dislike. I appreciate that they have a non gacha Pokémon of their own that’s not Wobbuffet but I have never been a fan of the “character(s) get randomly mad and take it out on others who have no fault for it” types of gag. Would’ve preferred any other Galarian Pokémon like Sandaconda, Cramorant, Hatenna, Impidimp, or the Chewtle they had earlier in this series.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Indifferent for right now but it's leaning more towards like. It needs more interactions and bonding time with James before I can decide for sure. But Morpeko is cute! I'll give him that!

desdar300

I mean it’s surface level stuff. And the anime rarely goes into heavy details about the backstories of rival’s Pokémon. She doesn’t need Morpeko to be important. And the anime isn’t above ignoring game characters relations to Pokémon case and point Lillie and Nebby in SM
I mean at this point she doesn't have much of a reason to exist let alone be important in this series.
If those silhouettes are indicative of anything then Ash's rivals hyper class opponents are already decided