• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you guys feel about James' Morpeko?

Do you like Morpeko?

• Total voters

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I mean at this point she doesn't have much of a reason to exist let alone be important in this series.
If those silhouettes are indicative of anything then Ash's rivals hyper class opponents are already decided
Eh.. The fact that Grimmsnarl hasn't debuted yet is the only thing still giving me some semblance of hope she may appear one day

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Indiferent

cramorant would have been more appropriate for James :c
Thanks for reminding me that James could've had a mon that fit him much better (not to mention, it could've marked the return of the 'James gets eaten by his Pokémon gag) and instead, we got...this. Honestly, Morpeko seems far more like a Jessie mon; I dunno why she didn't catch it instead.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Can't stand that varmint. Usually, I don't care whether or not Team Rocket suffers, but Morpeko's "gag" has hit "I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy" levels of cruelty at this point. The fact that James caught it and it seems to actually be fond of Team Rocket doesn't change the fact that it's a little [insert expletive here] who hasn't shown an ounce of gratitude toward the people it has been literally eating out of house and home.

If anything, the fact that James caught it gives me hope that we will see less of it...unless the writers decide to continue the gag by having it escape its Pokéball on a regular basis in order to continue tormenting its new Trainer. Which is most likely what's going to happen. :confused:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Indifferent is the correct term, its not dull still its no mimikyu that for sure.

Psajdak

Morpeko is simply the current era version of bird Pokemon destroying Team Rocket Balloon.

Btw, Victreebell was an asshole too.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Team Rocket's Morpeko is the worst thing that ever happened to them and to this series and I wish it would die a horrible and painful death.
I need say no more because I already said all I needed to earlier.
In light of today's upcoming episode being a Morpeko ep after this one already gave the thing a significant role, I have been thinking a fair bit about the little bastard and...

This episode here? Convinced me that I literally hate Morpeko. Its only purpose is to make Team Rocket miserable. In the exact same way. Every time. Regardless of whether they did anything bad or not. Even in cases where they have already gotten pummeled for doing bad things. It's just kicking a wounded dog at that point. And in episodes like this one where they didn't do anything even remotely evil it just becomes all the more egregious. And the damn thing always looks so content afterwards too gah I just want to stab the damn thing with a rusty dagger.

This is like the anti-Kiteruguma. Kiteruguma I was afraid I would get bored with but the show kept reinventing the gag in increasingly outlandish ways while also developing a genuine bond between them to the point where by the end of Sun & Moon I was actually sad to see them part ways. Morpeko just... does the same thing. Every time. It was kinda funny the first time but it has gotten beyond stale.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Team Rocket's Morpeko is the worst thing that ever happened to them and to this series and I wish it would die a horrible and painful death.
I need say no more because I already said all I needed to earlier.
ConcernedPoliwhirl.png

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
James knows he will never get Ash's Pikachu, so this is the next best thing.