• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How Do You Handle Roleplaying When Things Don’t Go as Planned?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
For the past few years, I’ve been tearing my Pokémon playthroughs like a roleplaying game. I come up with a character and I do several playthroughs where I play several mainline games as if they travel from region to region (similar to Ash in the anime). I plan everything for these playthroughs: the characters, the story (and other stuff outside of the games’ plots), how many pokémon my character catches, all of the pokémon’s backstories & personalities, etc. I’ve done this with three characters now & It's been going fine for the most part, but I’ve recently hit a snag with my playthrough and I don’t know what to do.

Right now, I’m playing through Brilliant Diamond & Legends Arceus as if they’re one game (with my character traveling back & forth through time with their Arc Phone, similar to Kagome from Inuyasha). I’m at a point where I can shift back to Brilliant Diamond and play through that for a while, but I’m near a point where I need Home connectivity to go any farther. You see, I planned on using Pokémon Home to transfer my Porygon2 from Sword to evolve it, as well as an Electivire from my original SoulSilver playthrough (the game where I started this whole roleplaying thing) to act as if my original protagonist is giving the current protagonist one of their pokémon. The only problem is that we still don’t have Home compatibility for BDSP or Legends yet (or even a release date) & I’m about to reach a standstill with my playthrough. Plus, I’m not sure if they’re going to add Hisuian pokémon to BDSP once we get Home connectivity, so I don’t know if I should find other pokémon to act as doubles for the Pokémon I’ve caught like Samurott or Basculegion, or if I should just wait.

Basically, I’m reaching a point where I feel like I need Home connectivity to continue my playthrough, or else everything I’ve been planning since last February will go down the drain. For those who do over plan when roleplaying their respective games, or when situations out of your control ruin everything you planned, do you have any advice on what I should do?