• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do You Keep the Sparks Flying? ( Not a Pikachu related Thread )

Ghostman8

Breed and Chainer
I just mostly chain, once in a while I go to battle tower.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I catch other Pokemon and try to complete the whole entire Pokedex and continue to challenge the Pokemon league and do the daily in game events. and Do certain events.
And battle my friends ^_^ and do a lot of DS wireless stuff.

Mariku -- kitten

Toshiya lover<3
I'm collecting shinies currently.

I'm also working on breeding good Pokemon for my Platinum game- I'm immitating my original character's party~ I'll probably get caught up in contests soon, too. Another goal I have is to get all of my main Pokemon to level 100.

I also play GBC games for long periods of time if I get to bored with my Diamond.

bookist

I ev train tons of pokemon. Then i chain for shinys.

jpp1974

I ALWAYS get a lotto ticket...every day...and FINALLY after nearly two years I matched all five numbers yesterday and got a Masterball!

Woot!

I tend to breed Pokemon and then raise them up to where I want them. Sometimes I just sweep all my Pokemon into another game and start over. Sometimes I will try chaining, it depends really. Right now, I am making Poffin and breeding berries so my Pokemon born in Sinnoh will have better contest scores.

Well, I've been re-playing some of my 3rd generation games so I'm about ready to get back into my d/p games, but at the moment I'm having trouble getting into it. I don't feel like breeding and raising pokemon right now since I don't do wifi battles. So I have just been doing the underground digging and checking my swarms.

ninjaboy00

TYPE Wild
i make poffins and go undeground with friends. if im lucky they want to go against me in contests (im good)

Chou

Heartgold!!! <3
Chaining, underground, contest, training pokemon (not EV I tried but it's hard for me x_x) growing berries, battling with my sister, trading with my sister xD (my wifi doesn't work D: ) and just fighting random trainers or pokemon.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
i like relating it to things in real life. in florida, plant city's number 1 export is strawberry ... but what if they added rawst berry to the mix to draw in pokemon trainers? thusly a fan fic idea was born.

I usually spend most of my time either training or completing the pokedex. Sometimes I'll play PBR Wi-fi or play in the battle tower though.

doku888

Where am I?
I play in the battle tower and raise pokemon to lvl 30 to battle with my friend!

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
I usually breed for perfect IVs, usually sweepers like Garchomp and some of the "Overused"-tier Pokemon, with certain conditions like minimum IV total being 131 and not one IV must be below 5 or 10, except maybe for one "useless" stat (such as Sp.Atk. for Weavile or Attack for Blissey/Serene Grace Togekiss)

Currently, I'm having 6 Jolly Gibles with x/31/x/x/x/31 IVs, not to mention I also have 4 at my Diamond cart.

And EV-training too, 252 Speed & Attack/Sp.Atk. for sweepers at the Victory Road ponds, where after I infect the ones to be EV-trained with pokerus, I feed them 10 Proteins/Calciums, then I attach them with power bracer/lens, and let them gain not just EXP points but also boosted EVs from the Golbats defeated by my switch-in high-leveled Steel/Poison-type Pokemon with leftovers (to avoid poisoning from poison fang). I do that 19 times, because...

100 + 19*2*4 = 252 in Attack/Sp.Atk EVs.
The 2 is the boost from pokerus, and the 4 is from the power items.
and 100 + 19*2*2 speed EVs from Golbat = 176 Speed EVs.

Then attach power anklet to the pokemon, and defeat the Golbats 6 times...

176 + 6*2*(4+2) = 248 Speed EVs.
You get 4 EVs plus 2 EVs from defeating Golbat, and that makes 6, then multiply it with 2 for the pokerus boost, and 6 for defeating 6 of them, which is 72.

And remove the power anklet, then defeat just one more Golbat to gain 4 more EVs.

248 + 2*2 = 252 Speed IVs

Add the remaining to the rest of the stats, like HP. Self-explanatory :D

This works only for the 252/252/6 EV spread. And this is the quickest way to EV-train for that spread (don't forget the pokerus).
I guess some of you also do this process of EV-training.
And while I do that, I also bring along 1 or 2 Level 91 Pickup Linoones, to pick up rare stuff like dawn/dusk/shiny stones, rare candies, pp ups, etc.

Oops, I made my post too long :D

Mkgdy

I'm currently in way over my head preparing for Platinum. At the moment, I'm in the process of finishing the pokedex on my diamond cart. That includes completing FR/LG/E/C/XD, then picking up any of the pokemon who may have fallen through the cracks (and aren't found on any of the above-mentioned games).

That's my main goal at the moment. I'm currently in the process of planning out a Trapper set. I'm still debating whether to go with Umbreon's Mean Look, Moonlight, Boton Pass, high defensive stats, etc... or with Gengar, who also learns Mean Look and has been a long-time favorite of mine (I've yet to do research on Gengar). Scizor will be there for False Swipe.

Besides dex-farming and planning capture-teams, I'm breeding a ton of Eevee for good IVs based on evolutions.

E4 battles also often take place to evolve some of the pokemon I don't yet have in my dex. That and I love being filthy rich for no good reason in that game :p (in any game, really...)

I've yet to find a shiny. Ever. I am eager awaiting my chance to finally catch my first.

So basically I'm jumbled between ~5 pokemon games, trying to scramble up the bits and pieces I left lying undone. This will be a hectic 23 days. :)

Gin_no_Soyokaze

Steel Type Trainer
Basically, whenever someone reminds me of Pokemon's existance, I get excited and remember to go play the game. For now, I'm practicing my chaining and IV breeding to prepare for Platinum. I'm also getting a few eggs ready to start off Platinum in a more interesting manner. Pfft. Fourth generation Pokemon? Get ready to go through Sinnoh, Johto style. It's time to party like it's 1999.

EDIT: Of course, I've included Skarmory in my Platinum arsenal. Can't imagine doing it any other way.

Last edited:

pokemon ruler

I like NOEIN
i used to race my friend in getting a complete shiny dex with decent natures till my game was deleted mind you i only had 27 differant kinds now i am going to get diamond to store all my events that i get on and pearl will be for shinys then when platinum comes out it will be my battling game i am currently training the most powerfull pokemon SHUCKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me it will be able to sweep throught the E4 and other trainers easily if it survive using substitute power trick combo it will have an attack stat higher than a tyranitar with 31 ivs in attack and benifiting nature mwahahaha

Last edited: