• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you keep track of your backlog?

[How] Do you [mainly] keep track of your backlog?

• Anime backlog site[s] (MyAnimeList, etc.)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Spreadsheet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paper and pen/Hand-written

• Other

• I don't/by memory

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Joe-sama's superior forum posting is all I need to keep track of my Chinese cartoons

• Total voters

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Well, how do you keep track of your backlog/whatever you kids wanna call it these days?

Technically, I don't. Not externally, anyway. I did it by memory for a while, just mainly watching what I could whenever I could. I did some occasional posting on here for currently watching/just finished anime to help me remember and boost my post count. But soon enough I inevitably evolved into the giant weeb I am today and had to use MAL for a while. And yes, while they got hacked, that isn't what made me stop using them.

Meticulously keeping track of everything I've ever watched/read, planned to watch/read, am holding off on watching/reading, and stopped watching/reading and whatever else started to make things feel like such a chore. (It didn't help that unless I were to make a custom spreadsheet, MAL didn't support doing things like having just watched a random episode of something, dubs/adaptations of anime, and other more little detailed but significant things). For me, I wanted to be able to enjoy things like the good-ol' days again. At this point, I've gone back to just watching things without keeping any sort of [constructive?] backlog at all and it feels so freeing. I have scattered notes/lists and such of where I've left off on some anime/manga, and some stuff I wanna watch/read, but I'm mainly relying on my memory, and they're something I'd discard at a point in the future, as long as I remember.

So TLDR I don't keep a backlog really, I just let my mind do nearly if not all the work, and hopefully I can keep it that way. But what about you guys?

(Yes, I realize backlogs don't just apply to anime/manga, but I'm talking exclusively about anime/manga here. They seem to be the most common application of a backlog for media today, anyway).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't keep a backlog other than memory. I just pick up something that seems interesting and finish it. I almost never choose not to finish something.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I use MAL (with backups elsewhere) because I clearly have a problem and watching that completed list grow has made my mind reel. Like There's that much anime out there to find and watch??? and I have no life, help! reeling. On the occasion I am unable to get to my list for updates, depending on the length of time and/or where I am, I will use my memory or I jot it down someplace temporary.