• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you keep track of your Pokémon collection?

I created a living Pokedex and have tried to have as many as possible with my name as the trainer. I could only track this with a spreadsheet but now I'm down to half a dozen legendaries I know them offhand. In game I store my Pokemon in Pokedex order with the last two boxes reserved for doubles our any special ones

elorasheppard

I have a living dex on the latest game (at the moment Black 2) in dex order inclusive of forms which I work to get to level 100 and Im working on a shiny dex on the previous game, and they all get transferred on to the next stage each time a new game is released. A bit obsessive but I like it in order :)

destinydude000

The Awesome Dude
I notice which legendaries I have and which I don't so I try finding them. also I have a set of all starters so I keep records of what I have!

OnceDone

Well, what i plan on doing is keeping each Pokemon by type in in their respective type's box, and then from then I would organize the Pokemon by National Dex #

Kalosian

So long
I keep my special Pokemon (EV-trained, legends, shinies, events, etc.) in separate boxes in the games so I know where I have them. That makes them easy to find when I need them.

ToeyJoey

The Count
I just order them in National Dex order boxes/then alternate form(e)s/Unown, doesn't leave much room for anything esle...

Cutty

Forever now
I only keep separate boxes for my shinies. I wanna be neater for everything else... But keeps being lazy to sort them out.

Tenilius

My Black holds my 648/649 living dex in order with boxes named 001-030, 451-480, etc. I don't use any spreadsheet, by seperating my collection from living dex to special cases I know where my important pokemon are and where my trade fodder is located easily.
Black 2 holds my special event and competitive pokemon with boxes seperated into EV trained, breeding, untrained, etc.

onleal91

Well, at present, I'm busy trying to make a Living Pokédex, so I'm busy with a pen and paper, making a checklist of what I do and dont have. Eventually, the idea is to fill up most of the available boxes, and then leave a box or three for my battlers, one for trade fodder, and two for my sister's Pal Parked and Transferred mons.

This is exactly what I have done since Gen III. I have all my boxes labeled 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, etc. and then fill them up with the pokemon that belong there, meaning i will have 3 Bulbasaurs, and evolve one in to Ivysaur, and the other in to Venusaur. When the next generation came out, I transferred everything to that new one and continued with the new pokes. At the moment, the only pokemon I am needing (legit in America) is Meloetta. :)

ToeyJoey

The Count
At least Meloetta has been announced in the US unlike here...

I have all my boxes labeled 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, etc. and then fill them up with the pokemon that belong there, meaning i will have 3 Bulbasaurs, and evolve one in to Ivysaur, and the other in to Venusaur. When the next generation came out, I transferred everything to that new one and continued with the new pokes.

That system is to me the easiest, why do you need a spreadsheet when you can just put them in National Dex order?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
In Platinum and SS, I'd organise them by naming each Box after a Type, and then having an Egg Box aswell.

deh74

Seine Majestät
I don't really need to do anything special to keep track poof my shinies since i have a grand total of 3 our 4 of you count red i I .
They are an azumarill in emerald
A linoone in emerald
And an Umbreon in soul silver

PokemonTrainerKaden

I have one copy of each in my box, in numeric order from 1 to the last number, and I transfer it to the newest game as soon as possible when it comes out.