1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep yourself cool in the summer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by LadyTriox, May 22, 2017.

1. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Cool like Korrina is~*snuggles her* <33

Its almost summer so I felt I should start this thread :U

I tend to eat my sugar free ice cream and try to take cold showers. I would go to the beach, but we don't drive, and also i'm sensitive to touching water, as one of my autistic 'quirks' (hense i tend not to bathe as often as other people).

I used to play in kiddy pools with my brother a lot when we were younger :) We pretended we were kyogre and groudon in the pool, one time XD That was epic. I think it was in 2004.

2. spoonyliger

spoonyliger vaporboi

I just put on my Gucci shades.

24 hour coolness.

3. Harmonie

Harmonie ♫ Ad vivere

I stay inside. I see no reason to go outside during the summer. lol

4. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

Open a window or two (with a screen on), wear short sleeve shirts, drink cold water, and spend time in the basement to cool down. All easy free, inexpensive options than buying ice cream, going to the pool/beach, and using up the AC. I'm not a fan of cold showers. :D

5. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

I stay inside, wear sleeveless and short sleeve shirts and shorts, go to the pool, and eat ice cream and other cold food and drinks.

6. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Air conditioning, first and foremost. Shorts and short sleeve shirts are good too. I'm trying to go to the pool more often, but I burn pretty bad, so I'm working up to it.

7. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

I often stay at home.

8. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

I have an evaporative cooler, also known as... a swamp cooler. It works OK, and I save big on my Xcel bill!

9. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Explorer

With the Mediterranean climate that we have here, an AC is a must especially during heat waves. But for economy I use most of the time a fan and use the AC as a last resort if I cannot handle the heat. Also, I tend to travel to nearby islands when I have lots of free time and spend my whole day in the local beaches :)

10. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

I constantly have the fan on in my room and wear shorts.

11. Shadow Of Existence

Shadow Of Existence Through me the lost

Turn on the fan, open all the windows and the front door and drink ice water.
    And ***** about this house needing AC because it's an oven in 80-90+ degree weather.

12. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

Blast the AC... It was the first thing I did when I got back home from school, and it was just in time.
    Side note, although a cool shower is wonderful at making you feel colder in the moment, if you want to feel colder after your shower, make sure it's hot.

13. Kaija

Kaija Member

I don't - I just lie down and accept my fate. But nah any day it's even vaguely toasty all the windows get opened, the shorts come out, and I finally get a use out of the ice cubes in the freezer.

14. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

Swim followed by more swimming. I also drink lots of water,eat ice cream and have the A/C running.

15. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I have a big fan to help. I live in New Zealand though, so I don't feel much difference with the seasons