• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you motivate yourself?

PokemonTrainerKaden

I have trouble motivating myself to play my Pokémon games more than once. Do you have the same trouble? If not how do you motivate yourself to finish them a second or third maybe even an infinite amount of times.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Get new teams everytime. That's how I do it.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I can normally get to the 1st gym or so and then I give up and get the urge to start over. Theres a thread for this already? I'll check it out and delete mine.

EDIT: I don't see the other thread so unless someone can link me to it I am going to leave this one up.

Last edited:

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
Yeah, I usually get new teams and even that is generally when I'm bored as hell of whatever else I'm in the middle of.

TheGengarGuy

To motivate myself i always put myself to different challanges for example never using repels or never using potions or try to get throught the game with the weakest pokemon.
My biggest challange (which i failed) was to get through the game with my one starter and the rest of my team filled with magikarps.

Machoke

Shizui/Brawlytrainer
Well.. Pokémon is a RPG after all. So try to look at the game in different ways while replaying it. Make up your own side stories, create your own characters and make a team based on those characters. That way the games will rarely get old or boring.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
^I tried to make a character named Wiley. He wanted to join Team Aqua, but they thought he was weak, and that him and Squirtle would never amount to anything. So Wiley left Pallet Town and sought out the badges of every region, and would eventually become the Champion of every region and Team Aqua would dominate the world. Team Aqua still didn't want him in Lilycove city, so now he seeks revenge against any evil organization. Of course, I lost interest and Wiley never left Kanto...

Autis-misc

Abridger
If I had the same problem, i'd be Bored out of my mind.

I have no issues restarting my game unless it was difficult for me to defeat it the first time, Like Leafgreen. the only reason i beat it was because I wasted my life leveling my Venusaur to level 78 by the Pokemon league. It's lost on a Pokemon XD game I deleted a while Back...

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
Come back to it later

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I take challenges like nuzlocke, or I challenge the battle sub. Sometimes seeing something pokemon related like a competitive battle on YouTube or an episode of the anime motivates me.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I play different games. Now, as evidenced by my current sig, I'm playing through Fire Red. Each game gives you a unique experience and I never get tired of finding new pokemon to have on my team.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Play something else (Zelda in my case). Return later and restart altogether with a different starter & team.

Gaiano

Blasphemer
Coming up with pretend stories for your Pokemon and player and then finding a way to start and end their story perfectly helps motivate me.

xDWarrior

If I don't have motivation to play a game then I'm most likely not going to play it.