• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you organize your cards?

Man, it's been a while since I've made a thread >.< I'm too lazy to make it a poll :/

Anyways, I have my cards organized by the National Dex, and pokemon with evolutions that came in a different generation are by it (e.g. Wynaut is by Wobbuffet, Gliscor is by Gligar... etc). Each forme of a pokemon (if it has one) gets its own slot also. Once the National Dex is over with, it then goes to my Japanese 11th Movie cards, then to my Shiny Pokemon/Reprinted Cards (which there's only 6 of :0) then my 19 Lv. X's, then my 12 Ex's. Then it goes to a copy of each Energy card. Trainer cards are organized in the following order: Stadium, TM's, Tools, Berries, Supporters, Pokeballs, Normal Trainers, Fossils, and then the surviving pre-Ex-series cards. Then it's my Jumbo cards... which is only Dialga at the moment...

Yeah...

Last edited:

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I always organize my cards by type, then by generation/dexnumber, for me it's better than the way I used to organize them. XD Simply holographic in the front, non-holos of the same card behind it. After the pokmon then it's energy, trainer, stadium, and whatnot cards are last in the decks. Those are in no particular order except for just putting stadiums, trainers, ect. together. n_n Works in the end.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
By set. I buy the 9-card per page portfolios when the set comes out, and I put the cards in them.

Andywoo

Banned
I organise mine by set, in chronological order, so it starts with my Base Set, then Jungle, then Fossil etc. etc. Works for me

Shadow Phoenix

Shady Trees On Fire
I always use a different binder for each type and divide it; one side for Pokemon, one side for energies. Each evolution chain gets its own page, like
Sandshrew, Sandslash,
or
Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu
Then I have seperate binders for rainbow and dual energies, and a binder for trainers. My trainer binder has them split up as: Trainer, Stadium, Supporter, Tool, and Technical Machine.
All of the old cards, as in the ones outside Diamond and Pearl series, are kept in collectors tins, and all the super-rare cards, like Misty's Seadra Pre-Release, are kept in a card box, doubly-protected. I reuse all energies, because they are hard to come by.

Andywoo

Banned
^Wow.

All my DP ones are kept in a tin as I count buy the 9-page file thingies where I live, except via innernet, and I'm not that desparate.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Ask the man I sold them too

But when I was about 9, I think, I just put them in Alphabetical and then I sold them on Ebay 7 years later

I fetched a lot

I organize my cards by National Dex numbers and use 9 slots per 9-pocket page. I always keep my favorite drawn card facing out front and my second favorite facing the opposite way.

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
Each type gets its own binder, no particular order of Pokemon, just whichever appeared in a set first, ex. a basic Bulbasaur, then jungle Scyther, etc... I stick all versions of that pokemon together a DP Bulbasaur will go after a base set one.

I have the ones I can find sorted by type and national dex number in a box, with each stack rubber banded together. I'm sorting my brother's cards purely according to national dex number, with the trainers sorted according to type (that is, the ones that were released after Master Trainer Mike's extremely influential article) and order of release after that.

Mewtwo's Apprentice

Master in training
I have different folders for different sets and arrange them based on their set number. Also have a folder of holos and rares from different sets.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
I organize them in numeric and generation form.. For exampls i have pokemon number 1-151... Then i have shinies for that generation and i continue that pattern till i reached the current generation

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
By level, when they are the same level, then by HP, if they have the same HP, after that by which card I think is better.If i think they are equally good I ask a random peson which they think is better, and if they cant decide I ask someone else and so on.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
I go to Asda and buy 50 24p ringbinders.
I go to some other random shop and buy about 500 card sleeve pages.
I then put every set in its own individual folder along with empty booster packs and compressed deck boxes.
And they look impressive on my shelf - yay!

Alloute

Not Banned
I just used to throw them in a shoe box lol. No I used to keep them by generation and then in a folder by type.

I have a main binder where I organize my pokemon by National dex number, and if the pokemon has various form(e)s, they're there too (only 1 of each).

After that, there are 1 of each energy type that I have, a selection of trainers, various promo sets, and the EX: Emerald set.

I have another binder where I keep my holos and reverse holos.

All my other cards are in a case, a shoe box, tins, various piles around my room.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I have 7 Binders (3 inches wide)

1. Organise by set
2. First put Level x's/ex's, GL, G, C,E4 in the front
3. organise by type
4. Organise by Evolutioon
5. Trainers
6. Supporters
7. Statioums
8. **Secret page (If needed)
9. Energys

**Only if I have alot of extras that are in step 2

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well currently I put them in that box where you got those Platium cards from (You know the one with either Giratina, Shaymin, Dialga and I think Palkia which are usually holo). The ones I really like and don't want to lose or get damage I put them in one pile, wrap a rubber band around it and place it next to the other cards (I have two of those boxses, it has Giratina on the side).

Plan on finding one of blinders you put your cards in to make it easier and more room. I remeber seeing one with Dialga at K-Mart but never found it again.

Alloute

Not Banned
I just bought 200+ cards in a garage sale for 5 bucks, I'm putting them in a binder and then locking it up lol