• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you play the game?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
i would like to know how people play the 3rd gen games. Either on GBA or a NDS/NDSLite. i have a GBA, but i prefer do play my game on the ds.

Kalosian

So long
I mostly play the 3rd gen games on my GBA SP. But it's power has been getting low lately, so I have been using my DS as well.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I play ithem on my ds lite since I don't have a gba anymore and I love my ds lite so much ^^

Neptune110

Water Trainer
I like to play it on my ds as well. The sp is just too small for me now for some reason o_O Plus then its easier as i can choose between my ds and my gba game whenever i'm in the mood to play :)

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~
I play 3rd gen. games on my DS Lite (with headphones baby!), since the sound system is better. xD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I play on the Gameboy Advance, it helps my game play better.

Larry

Since I sold my GBA SP and lost my GB Advance I just play it on my DSLite.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I usually play them on my DS, but sometimes I use my GBA SP.
I also use my regular GBA when I need to trade.

Drummerdude

I only play my 3rd Gen games on my DS, unless I need to trade and for that I will just use some old GBA systems.

Psypert

I used to replay all the time my Emerald version, but now I have a DSi and no DS lite so I can´t anymore, good times indeed

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have a regular Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Advance SP, but I prefer to play the Generation 3 games on my Nintendo DS console. I only use the Game Boy Advance consoles when I'm trying to trade Pokemon from one game to another since that can only be done on those consoles.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
DS lite, DS, GBA SP. I prefer the SP the most.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Hmmm......

Well... I originally had a GBA SP so that is what I am used to. I have now got a DS and sometimes I play on that. The thing is, the DS has an unused upper screen when you play the game, making it look sort of empty. Also, once you get used to the GBA controls, it is much easier. So, I would say GBA, SP if you have. Hope this Helped! ;)

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
if i had my old GBA SP i would play them on that possibly but i dont so i use my DS lite.

I play mine on my Gamecube Gameboy player. I like having the games on the big screen!