• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do YOU play the games?

TheAceGlaceon

Statu variabilis
On my first play, I catch Pokémon I think are very powerful and then I complete the whole game.
On my second play, I catch weaker Pokémon and Pokémon almost nobody uses, just to try them out.
On my third play, I just play the game diffrently, maybe with a solo type team.
And that's it.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
I like to change up the way I play as I go. When I get a Pokemon Game, the first thing I do is I pick my favorite Starter then get my favorites without repeating types until the end. Then I restart and pick a different starter and pick ones that I need without going over six Pokemon. Then I restart and I pick the last starter and just go from there, finally I restart and I shift between any random nine Pokemon.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
I pick the Grass starter and then I go for whatever Pokemon I want.

This tradition started back when I saw my first episode of the anime. The minute I saw Bulbasaur I fell in love with it. To me it was a dinosaur that could shoot leaves, and back then I was in the dinosaur phase. I didn't like Charmander because of the fire.

My choice of Bulbasaur lead to two things, a love of Grass Types and a hatred of Charizard for being as overrated as Chuck Norris.

~Kurou

to see you smile
I trravel with 5 pokemon
I train each one at the same level
I also organize my boxes by the rarity e.g shiny,event,DW etc

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Right, just remembered, I level every Pokemon equally, and try my hardest to keep them at the same level. It bothers me if one Pokemon is one or two levels higher than the others out of order (I organize my team in a special way. I don't just stick whatever team member I want whatever place. It's usually the order I caught them in. Of course, I swap some of them to the front if I need to train them or fight with them). Typically I like to collect Pokemon on my first playthrough. I had...so many boxes of Pokemon I would never use in my SoulSilver, so I released a few. At the beginning of the game I play through casually, then I become a collector. I collect all the items, TMs, and collect want Pokemon I like and what to use for the heck of it, or, at least, I try to.

Synthesia

Rookie Trencher
I'm an in-game sort of person. I only catch the Pokemon I like (yes, I'm picky), and I just let Pokemon pile up in the boxes. I don't train equally, and my starter is always 10+ levels higher than my other Pokemon. I don't delete the games that have Wi-fi Pokemon (Pokemon you get from the Wi-fi events, I don't know how to call them).

PokeSB

PokeSB
I'm abit of a collector. On Silver I made over 210 catched, and blue 150/151 (Never did get an Electabuzz), and in White I also catched all pokemons but 10 or so pokemons, that I can get.

I either just complete the game, having fun and dont collect pokemons, or I "max" the game fully out (All items picked up, team is good or very good), and dont restart the game over. I never skip trainers or items.

Back when I was youngere could have been different.

Victory

Banned
I used to plan my team ahead, but now I don't play the main series games. I play the Spin Offs.

SmartD

I use Pokemon of different types, I always carry a Pokemon with Surf and Fly, and I keep my starter.

deoxys2000

I LIKE TRAINS!!!!
I generally get my starter and train him/her so high that it can beat everyone including the champion. But if I don't like my starter I choose a random pokemon. In heart gold I got a doduo up to lv.90

In the beginning i only catch Pokémon for my final team/HM's. After i beat the Elite Four and did all the stuff after the Elite Four i complete my Pokédex by catching ALL Pokémon.

I never reset my game except in the beginning to get the right nature on my starter.

But if I don't like my starter I choose a random pokemon. In heart gold I got a doduo up to lv.90

Err...

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
i normally just make a team of all sweepers since the game isnt really good at making you use a wall and stuff like that yet....i normally reset after everything that can be done is done..until the point of bordem..and i usually train my pokemon to be 10 levels stronger than the champions strongest pokemon....also i like to gamble if they have gambling places(for the cool prizes)

Froggy

Momentai
Once I beat the game, I don't start over.
I usually try to complete my Pokedex.
I explore areas in search of hidden items.
I usually carry a balanced team to beat trainers with type advantage.
I try and do all the daily quests each day.
My PC is organized in SS by number and in B by categories such as: event, ability, move breeder etc.
MY 3rd gen games have torn PCs due to migrating.
I love doing minigames but agree that they get boring.
I love planting berries and am saddened that they are restricted to DW in Gen 5
I enjoy Pokemon and will continue to do so.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
First time around, I just play and enjoy myself. Second time, I go for challenges and theme teams.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
I always use the starter, they always hold a special place in my heart.
Keep my Pokemons' levels balanced.
Take my time, I could either beat the game in 5 days or take 3 weeks.

My friend beats every game in a day or two. I think that takes the fun out of it, but meh, he could do what he wants.

FluffyHoundour

First time around the game, I usually just have fun and build a team with Pokemon that I like. After the game, I'll start breeding for good natures to start EVing them.