1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you pronounce “Pokémon”?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Rune Knight, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Member

Po-kee-mon? Po-kay-mon? Po-keh-mon? Po-ka-mon? Poke-mon? Po-tay-to? Po-tah-to? Overall what’s your preference?

2. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko The Gift that is Kawaii-ification <3

I'm used to Poke-ay-mon. I'm used to an acute-accented E having a long A sound. :p

3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

I usually call it Poke-kay-mon.

4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Po-kay-mon seems to be the most appropriate choice.

5. Jirachi100

Jirachi100 Kirby Fan

I pronounce it Po-kee-mon but I know that's wrong and it's hard for me to change my habit after over 10 years.

6. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

I know "Po-kay-mon" is the correct pronunciation, but I usually say it so fast that it comes out "Po-ka-mon" anyway.

Team Volt Grunt likes this.
  7. angelhernandez

angelhernandez New Member

poo-ke-mon in in spanish

8. Reyzadren

Reyzadren Arid trainer

For anyone who knows IPA: /'poukeimɔn/

Or, "poke-kay-mon" like most everyone else :p

9. LiepardTrainer

LiepardTrainer *mreow*

Pok-Eh-mon

in Spanish Latin American accent, since its what I speak, and watching anime many times in Spanish (Latin American dub) I grown accustomed to it