• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you Rank BW So far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
mine go

Orginal Kanto
BW
Johto
Sinnoh
Hoenn
Orange Island

BW Is really making me enjoying watching again.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
BW is definitely fun,every pkmn has its own little personality[except for Mame who disappeared] and it's fun to watch^^

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I don't think we need to compare this saga to others because only 4 episodes have aired, but if I had to give my opinion on it I'd say they rush too many things like captures, rivals and gym episodes gaps, I hope it will be better in the future.

Bubblewrap

Sinnoh is my favourite saga but it's looking OK so far.

Waterpokes

I don't think we need to compare this saga to others because only 4 episodes have aired

This.

Come on. We're 4 episodes in Best Wishes. It doesn't make sense to compare Isshu with any region. Except if you mean Best Wishes first 4 episodes, compared to Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/filler region's first 4 episodes. That makes more sense.

Just to stay on topic, I'll rank, based on the first 4 episodes in each region.

1st: Battle Frontier
2nd: Isshu
3rd: Kanto
4th: Sinnoh
5th: Hoenn
6th: Orange Island
7th: Johto

RickHoenn

Banned
10/10 Best Wishes has been an amazing series so far, every episode has been fun to watch and Pokabu & Mijumaru are freakin' adorable also I like the fast-pace of Isshu.

My rank would be:

1. Kanto
2. Hoenn

3. Johto (underrated, I'm rewatching it and there were so many great episodes, awesome saga)
4. Orange Islands (luv it)
5. Isshu (c'mon only 4 episodes)
6. Battle Frontier (after the the first frontier brain I stopped watching zzz but I started again in the Chimecho release ep.)
7. Sinnoh (ok saga but staled, too many episodes in 1 region is a little bit overkill imo)

Last edited:

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
It's WAY too soon to tell, but as far as first impressions are concerned, I am REALLY enjoying BW so far. It seems like they're planning to pay more attention to each pokemon's individual personality and give them a little more life....They made Pokabu absolutely ADORABLE. (though they seem to have continued the abused fire type trend, it seems like they did it right)

But seriously, it HAS only been 4 episodes. This thread would probably be more interesting once BW has been on for a good while.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
I really love this saga, then again I havn't watched the anime faithfully since the end of Johto so I could be a little biased since it has been returning old themes from those sagas (I tried watching Hoenn and Sinnoh sagas, but every episode I turned on bored me, except the ones that involved Gliscor or Team Galactic.) depending on if I can watch it without being bored to tears in the dub, I might just watch the entirety of this saga.

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
It's too early for me to rank it, but so far, it's off to a bad start.

The first thing wrong with BW is that it's simply rushed. It's only been 4 episodes and Ash nearly has a full team.

It's boring due to the lack of comedy that was once provided by TR. Pokemon was never a serious anime, and the writers attempt to make it one is failing miserably.

And the final thing wrong is that Ash has seemingly reverted back to being a beginning trainer by losing to one and throwing Pokeballs at perfectly healthy pokemon.

I hope that Dento can provide some form of comedy once he joins the cast and that the writers will show some form of noticable progression with Ash's skills as a trainer.
If not, this could possibly turn out to be the worst saga of the series.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

The first thing wrong with BW is that it's simply rushed. It's only been 4 episodes and Ash nearly has a full team.

It's boring due to the lack of comedy that was once provided by TR. Pokemon was never a serious anime, and the writers attempt to make it one is failing miserably.

And the final thing wrong is that Ash has seemingly reverted back to being a beginning trainer by losing to one and throwing Pokeballs at perfectly healthy pokemon.

I hope that Dento can provide some form of comedy once he joins the cast and that the writers will show some form of noticable progression with Ash's skills as a trainer.
I think Mijumaru and Iris are funny,TR was getting old...I'm actually enjoying the episodes even if they are fillers,they are fun^^Sinnoh didn't have that

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Put it like this me and other people wanted Team Rocket out of the anime because they were doing the same thing for years, now they changed and I actually like them again, they are still funny when needed, they just arent ridiculous anymore.

Waterpokes

One of the good things, is that Team Rocket isn't really trying to be funny.
They have some funny moments, like everybody else, but most of the time, they're trying to make Team Rocket funny, which they're not. It might just be me who think they're boring most of the time, but I'm gonna speak my mind. Team Rocket might be funnier then Brock, but that doesn't say a lot.

And I don't like that Ash has 4 Pokemon before we're even hitting the 10th episode mark, but this is he exactly same position like in Johto and Sinnoh. In Johto, he had Pikachu + Kanto Trio before the 5th episode. In Sinnoh, he had Pikachu, Aipom and Starly before the 5th episode. He caught Turtwig in the next episode. The only region where he had less then half of his team, is Hoenn. He had half in Kanto though.

Even though I hate watching Ash have the same team for many episodes, which is why I hate the pace of the Pokemon Ash captured, it's better for the Pokemon. More time for devolpment on the Pokemon, and less one-minute-capture, like Gible.

But I don't think this will be bad in Isshu. Isshu is in a faster pace, and it doesn't look like Ash and co will be in Isshu for 190+ episodes. I might make assumptations here, but in case of a filler region, he would most like throw one or two Pokemon to Oak, and take somebody else with him. Keeping the show fresh, in the Pokemon department, something I feel Sinnoh felt to do.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
To me
1)Sinnoh I love Sinnoh hands down!!1
2)Kanto
3)BW
4)Johto
5)ORange Islands
DEAD LAST)Hoenn I never loved Hoenn.

thunderblade12

Based on the first four episodes... I think it could possibly be the best series yet. I'm going to wait until the 3rd gym at least to rank it more accurately, so for now I'll say it's tied for first.

1. Sinnoh and BW
2. Battle Frontier
3. Hoenn
4. Johto
5. Orange Islands
6. Kanto

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Judging by only the beginning episodes, I would rank them this:

1) BW
2) Hoenn
3) Johto
4) Kanto
5) Orange Islands
6) Sinnoh
7) Battle Frontier

PePer

Too early to tell, so far I'm not impressed, but thats just matter of time when things will start going.

Status
Not open for further replies.