• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you react if your idol noticed you?

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
As in idol, I mean a celebrity/voice actor/inspiration that you are interested the most.

Let's say if you're either emailing your idol an email about a fan letter, and he or she responds with a nice feedback! How would you react? Would you be excited that they have responded to you, or would you feel casual?

Or how about when you were walking at a street, and they notice who you are instantly or try to help you out. How would you feel by that?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I wouldn't know. Chances are I'll never see Steve Burns in real life, so I've never thought about it.

xEryChan

Demon Child
My story is a little hard to explain but I'll try my best.

I'm a huge fan of Big Time Rush. Yes, Big Time Rush from Nickelodeon. I really love those guys so much. That's all I'm going to say for that.

But in March, I had went to see them at the Radio City Music Hall on March 9th during the Better With U tour. I had a blast that night. But what really gets me is this. For one song, they usually bring a girl up on stage and sing their song Worldwide to her. But at the show I was at, they picked four. Not only that but I also happened to be one of those girls. I was picked by one of the guys (obviously), Kendall Schmidt.

I cannot even put it into words what I was feelings when he picked me. I was in disbelief. The whole time while I was up on stage, I was just shocked. Never in a million year would I have expected something like that to happen to me.

That whole experience felt so unreal. I still can't believe it.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
If I were to say, see Florence Welch strolling around my tiny little town, I must say, I'd probably collapse into a pile of goo..I don't think I'd be able to say hi. xD

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
Since Theodore Roosevelt and Freddy Mercury are dead, I guess my idol is Satoshi Tajiri. ( creator of Pokemon) If I met him, since he is also a fellow aspie ( person with Aspergers syndrome) I would geek out more than anyone could imagine.

Rave

Banned
I dunno. Probably be all excited and all.

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
I sent fan mail to my idols and I didn't get a response (which is to he expected) but it still was kind of a bummer.

Same with me. It was Tia Ballard, though she said that she reads inspiration emails of people's goals. I told her how much her videos helped me and I had a feel in her goal of losing weight, and she did. But she's active on the Internet.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
I've hung out with all the members of Becoming the Archetype twice and may a third time next month, as well as all the members of The Great Commission. I talk with some of the members of both bands on Facebook as well. So I think it's awesome that I can simply talk with them like they're old friends.

But people like Ted Dekker and Nathan Fillion, I may pass out if they ever took notice of my existence. Sure, Ted Dekker signed my copy of The Circle Trilogy (the one published before Green was) and a notebook I had with me with the comment, "Ian, write on... :)", but it's not like my relationship with BTA or TGC. Meeting an idol once isn't the same as meeting an idol whenever they come to town, or talking to them on Facebook on a semi-regular basis.

Last edited:

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
My story is a little hard to explain but I'll try my best.

I'm a huge fan of Big Time Rush. Yes, Big Time Rush from Nickelodeon. I really love those guys so much. That's all I'm going to say for that.

But in March, I had went to see them at the Radio City Music Hall on March 9th during the Better With U tour. I had a blast that night. But what really gets me is this. For one song, they usually bring a girl up on stage and sing their song Worldwide to her. But at the show I was at, they picked four. Not only that but I also happened to be one of those girls. I was picked by one of the guys (obviously), Kendall Schmidt.

I cannot even put it into words what I was feelings when he picked me. I was in disbelief. The whole time while I was up on stage, I was just shocked. Never in a million year would I have expected something like that to happen to me.

That whole experience felt so unreal. I still can't believe it.

Lucky! I'm not a fan of BTR, but it was good that they chose you in the spotlight!

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I once got a reply for one of the members of my favorite band. :)

It was a couple of days (like 2) before my birthday. I sent all of them a tweet them that my birthday was a couple of days away and one of them replied back wishing me a happy birthday.

I'm scrolling through my mentions on twitter when I noticed it and I got all excited. I started freaking out on twitter, even at mom. My mom was wondering why I was so excited. I got tons of replies from other fans, congratulating me on the reply. The excitement from that took like two days to wear off but I still look at the tweet and smile.

Definitely was a very cool experience.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I would probably be pretty flattered and extremely grateful.
It's hard for me to talk to people like that anyway, so it would take a great deal of courage and thought for me to take that kind of step.

I've met famous rappers before, now they weren't really idols.
But I got to meet Lupe Fiasco, who is an artist I do enjoy.
I just told him keep up the great work, and he is one of the best artists out there.
He thanked me and that was it.
Was more than good enough for me.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I notice my idol every time I look in the mirror.

Well...I would ask to have a guitar duel with him >:c and then get pwned horribly; then people would laugh at me. The End.

Step 1, take a picture. Step to challenge to a game of halo. Step 3 ask them to sign the memorabilia I keep in my bag. step 4, dance. Step 5 ???????

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Alan Turing is dead, so that's kind of a problem. Hideo Kojima... I'd be stunned and amazed. Likewise for the members of Rush or Marillion, but they also seem a lot more approachable than, and nowhere near as inscrutable as, Kojima. So.

If I saw Marina Diamandis I would most likely start shaking and not be able to form words.

With the signature included, this is about as Tumblr as a reply to this can get without turning into a social justice morass...

Last edited: