1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you remember all that stuff?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Snupiks, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Snupiks

Snupiks Active Member

I noticed some of you mentioning things such as development of characters from previous seasons, some even 15 years, or more old, and it makes me wonder if you rewatch episodes, or just have very good memory?

I mean, I myself have strong memory of original series, because of how iconic it is, because of how I still wish for Butterfree to appear again, because of how I really hate authors for cursing Porygon, etc...

But still...

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I remember most major events that have happened in each of the older sagas just because I have a long memory, but I need to rewatch some of the newer episodes like the ones from XY to remember every single detail about them. The more invested I am in a saga, the more I remember, which is why some of the details about XY and SM are a bit foggy to me.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

For me personally it's 'cause I rewatched the whole series a couple years ago, although I couldn't find a good place to rewatch BW so my memory of that one is most fuzzy, while my memory of XY is good because I marathoned it in the lead up to the finale.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  4. Sham

Sham Aang could never

I never watched the Johto portion of OS and despite being too young remember Kanto and bits and pieces of Hoenn I still know a decent amount of stuff and references due to YouTube and the occasional streaming of episodes. In my opinion DP-Pk2019 isn’t a lot to remember

SerenaRulez likes this.
  5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I remember because I watched the show lol

Anyway, it's not that I can remember most things. I mean, with a few exceptions, most of the time I only watch a certain episode one time. But sometimes I do forget stuff. A recent example is that I completly forgot that Ash's first catch on XY was Froakie. For some reason I only remembered Fletchling lol

SerenaRulez likes this.
  6. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I'd say good memory..

Scorbunnie likes this.
  7. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

Good memorable episodes for characters and Pokemons that you care are easier to remember, even if the show had done more than a thousand episodes imo.

SerenaRulez and Leonhart like this.
  8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Because stuff was actually memorable back then. If you asked me to name one BW or XY COTD off the top of my head, I couldn't answer... doesn't help I never bothered rewatching most of those two sagas, nor do I have plans to.
    But I'd have a huge list of OS, AG, and DP cotds typed up fast

PorcelainVulpix and BabaVanga like this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I feel that a lot of important things happened during that period especially in XY, which had more character development for Satoshi than most previous sagas did. Best Wishes didn't have that much going on, but SM did particularly towards the end and even though it wasn't that long ago, I still have to look up information occasionally when people are discussing SM episodes and I have little idea of what they're discussing since many of the SM episodes were a blur to me.

10. Watching episodes and random Pokémon video's

Leonhart likes this.
  11. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

I remember most of the bigger, important plots and storylines. I remember a lot of CoTD from Kanto because they were pretty unique and memorable.

I also rewatch random episodes all of the time. If I see someone mention an episode on twitter and I dont remember it well, I might go rewatch. The Indigo League is on netflix so its easy to rewatch and it's my favorite season so I rewatch quite often. Plus most events from the Indigo League stick out well, it's a pretty iconic season. Sometimes I use the Pokemon tv app and rewatch some SM or Orange Islands episodes too since they're on there.

12. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

I only remember big events like captures and character debuts but not episodes where a Pokemon learn a new attack or something else that is kind of trivial.

It's sad but my memory isn't that good and it's discouraging when I say something and 6 other people tell me that I'm wrong just because I forgot a piece of anime trivia. :(

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm sort of the opposite way: I tend to only re-watch episodes if I liked them in the first place. Sometimes it takes every ounce of my self control to re-watch an episode that I originally disliked or was neutral about since I'm just not that invested in them.

SerenaRulez and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  14. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

How do i remember all this stuff?

Well the dark side is a pathway to abilities many consider to be unnatural

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  15. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I remember the basic stuff in the games and the notable events in the anime. Most of the stuff I post about the episodes and movies I use the main site to help jog my memory.

Ubermuk, BabaVanga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

If I can remember over 700 Pokemon names, I can remember all this, especially the glaring parts.

BabaVanga, KenzeyEevee and mehmeh1 like this.
  17. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'd use the main site more often to jog my memory if it weren't for the fact that I've noticed that many of the newer episodes don't have episode summaries, and a lot of the old episodes that do have summaries [particularly Jouto episodes] aren't very detailed.

Ubermuk likes this.
  18. EmberFireTrainer

EmberFireTrainer Still vacationing in Aloha

I think I'm more likely to remember certain episodes that involve my favorite characters or episodes that are unique and stand out to me like the one episode in Diamond and Pearl where Jessie and Meowth decide they don't want to be in Team Rocket anymore much to James disbelief and disappointment. Temporarily of course! Or the one episode in Johto where Ash, Brock, and Misty as well as Team Rocket have a run in with a deceiving and mischievous Teddiursa that uses its cuteness to fool them and steal their food.

But don't ask me the episode in which so and so Pokémon learned so and so move.

Ubermuk, KenzeyEevee and Leonhart like this.
  19. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Even before rewatching it as an adult, I still remembered a lot of stuff about the anime because of reruns during the weekdays. As a kid, I didn't care that Kids' WB would play older episodes over and over again because they were fun episodes, and it was Pokémon, for heaven's sake.

Also, there appears to be a study showing that kids who grew up with Pokémon from a certain age have a permanent place in their memory archives for it. I think it applies not just to the games, but to the franchise as a whole.

Here’s How Your Brain Is Permanently Changed By Playing 'Pokémon' Games