As with every new generation that has come out, Gen 8 has introduced some new moves. While a few have already been shown so far in the Sword & Shield arc of the Pokémon anime, there are still many left to show. Here are a few of my favourites and how I think they'll be portrayed in the anime:
- Apple Acid - The user puffs up their cheeks and spits out some highly corrosive acid made from apples at the opponent. Obviously, only the Applin family can use this.
- Grav Apple - The user summons an apple out of thin air (anime physics) and drops it on the opponent's head. Again, only the Applin family can use this.
- False Surrender - The user bends down as if to beg for mercy, but they then suddenly lunge towards the opponent and headbutts them.
- Meteor Assault - The user charges toward the opponent with their sword, while literal meteors whizz by in the background in typical anime fashion. When they hit the opponent, it explodes as a meteor would do when it crashes into the Earth.
- Pyro Ball - The user picks up a rock and starts kicking it about until it becomes a giant fireball, after which they forcefully launch it at the opponent. I feel like if Goh's Raboot ever evolves into Cinderace, it may use this move a lot a la Ash's Pikachu with Thunderbolt.
- Teatime - The user summons a tea table out of thin air and they have afternoon tea with the opponent, eating Berries, scones and cake and drinking tea.
- Tar Shot - A huge wave of sticky tar washes over the opponent, slowing them down and making them weak to Fire-type moves.