• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think Gen 8 moves will be shown in the anime?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
As with every new generation that has come out, Gen 8 has introduced some new moves. While a few have already been shown so far in the Sword & Shield arc of the Pokémon anime, there are still many left to show. Here are a few of my favourites and how I think they'll be portrayed in the anime:

• Apple Acid - The user puffs up their cheeks and spits out some highly corrosive acid made from apples at the opponent. Obviously, only the Applin family can use this.
  • Grav Apple - The user summons an apple out of thin air (anime physics) and drops it on the opponent's head. Again, only the Applin family can use this.
  • False Surrender - The user bends down as if to beg for mercy, but they then suddenly lunge towards the opponent and headbutts them.
  • Meteor Assault - The user charges toward the opponent with their sword, while literal meteors whizz by in the background in typical anime fashion. When they hit the opponent, it explodes as a meteor would do when it crashes into the Earth.
  • Pyro Ball - The user picks up a rock and starts kicking it about until it becomes a giant fireball, after which they forcefully launch it at the opponent. I feel like if Goh's Raboot ever evolves into Cinderace, it may use this move a lot a la Ash's Pikachu with Thunderbolt.
  • Teatime - The user summons a tea table out of thin air and they have afternoon tea with the opponent, eating Berries, scones and cake and drinking tea.
  • Tar Shot - A huge wave of sticky tar washes over the opponent, slowing them down and making them weak to Fire-type moves.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well

Today's episode did had Pyro Ball. And it looked just like any other move. It's basically a bigger version of the Ember Goh and Raboot had been using.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Still waiting on Magnetic Flux from Gen VI myself.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Still waiting on Magnetic Flux from Gen VI myself.

Yeah, some moves have either never been shown or took a long time after they were introduced to be seen in the anime. Due to the EP038 incident in 1997, the moves Conversion and Conversion 2, which are exclusive to the Porygon family, have never been seen on screen (since the Porygon family are essentially permanently “banned” from the anime).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I feel like for Grav Apple, it may be an actual apple from a nearby tree rather than summoning something out of thin air

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I feel like for Grav Apple, it may be an actual apple from a nearby tree rather than summoning something out of thin air

But what if there weren't any apple trees in the vicinity? :confused:

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Yeah, some moves have either never been shown or took a long time after they were introduced to be seen in the anime. Due to the EP038 incident in 1997, the moves Conversion and Conversion 2, which are exclusive to the Porygon family, have never been seen on screen (since the Porygon family are essentially permanently “banned” from the anime).

Conversion has been seen, it was used in that banned episode. Conversion 2 of course hasn't.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Conversion has been seen, it was used in that banned episode. Conversion 2 of course hasn't.

Not by audiences outside of Japan. Because it was Pikachu who caused the offending effect, not Porygon, by that logic Pikachu (and Thunderbolt) should've been banned from the anime. :p

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Not by audiences outside of Japan. Because it was Pikachu who caused the offending effect, not Porygon, by that logic Pikachu (and Thunderbolt) should've been banned from the anime. :p
Yeah, but Porygon is associated to the controversy because it was its focused episode. Also Pikachu is way too marketable to be banned effectively and Thunderbolt is pretty much its trademark move.

As for the topic, I dunno. If it was a move that is animated the way I wasn't familiar with I might going to check on the Pokemon Wikis like I did in the past series, but I didn't go deeper enough to check out the list of the new moves when I played SwSh.

Last edited:

MrJechgo

I once wrote down a post about how Jessie should permanetly catch an Alolan Meowth, while James gets a Galarian Meowth. The trio then tries to catch Pikachu, and Ash sends out his Farfetch'd. Of course, them being a bit dumb and pumpous, Jessie and James send out their respective Meowths, with the normal Meowth joing the battle. Farfetch'd could... be using Brick Break using its leek (unless the anime pulls a weird thing and have it use Meteor Assault), knocking out all 3 Meowths at once. This should be when Team Rocket learns that Fighting is strong against Normal, Dark and Steel.

Farfetch'd gets a critical hit on each Meowth... which triggers its evolution into Sirfetch'd ;)

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I once wrote down a post about how Jessie should permanetly catch an Alolan Meowth, while James gets a Galarian Meowth.

The Alolan and Galarian Meowths wouldn't talk, would they? I think it's a common misconception amongst the Pokémon fandom that all Meowths talk, regardless of whether they learnt to or not. (I thought that when I was a kid.)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Alolan and Galarian Meowths wouldn't talk, would they? I think it's a common misconception amongst the Pokémon fandom that all Meowths talk, regardless of whether they learnt to or not. (I thought that when I was a kid.)
Younger fans most likely never saw Go West Young Meowth which showed Meowth being determined to learn how to talk like a human so that the object of his desire would see how special he was. The only other Pokémon that talk without telepathy are either super smart Psychic types like Slowking or Ghosts Pokémon that could be argued to be human in a past life. Chatot doesn’t really count as a talking Pokémon since it is a parrot and it is just mimicking any words said close to it. In the games it’s a bit more debatable as it is possible Murkrow possesses the ability to talk given its role in the Mahogany Town radio signal part of the Johto games and the Doduo owned by Copycat.

MrJechgo

Nah, no need too... but they could try to steal Normal Meowth's spotlight once in a while :p and then there are the interactions with Wobbuffet XD

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Nah, no need too... but they could try to steal Normal Meowth's spotlight once in a while :p and then there are the interactions with Wobbuffet XD

Have any other Meowths appeared in the anime, apart from Team Rocket's one and his girlfriend in Go West Young Meowth? TR's Meowth could have a sort of species rivalry with them. (By Meowths, I mean the Kantonian form, since Nanu obviously had a lot of Alolan Meowths in his house.) :p

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Have any other Meowths appeared in the anime, apart from Team Rocket's one and his girlfriend in Go West Young Meowth? TR's Meowth could have a sort of species rivalry with them. (By Meowths, I mean the Kantonian form, since Nanu obviously had a lot of Alolan Meowths in his house.) :p
Yes, in Pokémon Journeys episode 20

The gang of Meowths tho in Go West Young Meowth
I once wrote down a post about how Jessie should permanetly catch an Alolan Meowth, while James gets a Galarian Meowth. The trio then tries to catch Pikachu, and Ash sends out his Farfetch'd. Of course, them being a bit dumb and pumpous, Jessie and James send out their respective Meowths, with the normal Meowth joing the battle. Farfetch'd could... be using Brick Break using its leek (unless the anime pulls a weird thing and have it use Meteor Assault), knocking out all 3 Meowths at once. This should be when Team Rocket learns that Fighting is strong against Normal, Dark and Steel.

Farfetch'd gets a critical hit on each Meowth... which triggers its evolution into Sirfetch'd ;)
Nothing to deal with this TR nonsense but Fun Fact: The 2006 pokemon TCG set called EX Holon Photons predicted Alolan and Galarian Meowth 10/13 years before they got released. Here's the card:
157243.jpg

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I wonder if one of the Galarian Meowths would evolve into Perrserker and be able to use its signature moves?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The gang of Meowths tho in Go West Young Meowth

Nothing to deal with this TR nonsense but Fun Fact: The 2006 pokemon TCG set called EX Holon Photons predicted Alolan and Galarian Meowth 10/13 years before they got released. Here's the card:
157243.jpg
so random lol