• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think lucario will be developed

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
There shouldn't have to "be time". It's been with him for over 50 episodes and the past 20 have treated it like it doesn't exist for the most part. God only knows if the Volkner battle is a sign of change.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
He shouldn't have even gotten one. His reserves>>>>>>his current team any day.

And yes he would have had time to showcases all of his reserves in this series if he started using them right away and they had PWC battles in almost every episode instead of all those usual formulaic fillers/pseudo fillers that this anime loves using. His current team is pointless anyways. Such a missed opportunity with this series smh :mad: :rolleyes:

Jers745

I dont know :p

And yes he would have had time to showcases all of his reserves in this series if he started using them right away and they had PWC battles in almost every episode instead of all those usual formulaic fillers/pseudo fillers that this anime loves using. His current team is pointless anyways. Such a missed opportunity with this series smh :mad: :rolleyes:
Why should he use them so fast last i remember ash only uses them when things get really problematic

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
There shouldn't have to "be time". It's been with him for over 50 episodes and the past 20 have treated it like it doesn't exist for the most part. God only knows if the Volkner battle is a sign of change.

that's still alot better than some of his older pokemon have been handled, besides I thought people didn't want Lucario to overshadow the others anyway, so what's the deal there?

At least it's not in the boat poor gengar's currently in where it pretty much needs a win in the upcoming battle to validate itself being caught at all since unlike Lucario it's only had one on-screen victory which was way back when Ash first entered the PWC, Lucario proved itself as a riolu, and upon evolving knocked out both of chairman roses pokemon with one shot, and Sirfetch'd and Dracovish who have done things more recently to help Ash along, especially the latter.

Dragonite and Dracovish might have something to say about that unless you want to demean Iris's status as champion.

Why should he use them so fast last i remember ash only uses them when things get really problematic

I am kind of hoping that the upcoming battles will get him to use them, because unlike the previous 2 tiers the ultra tier is sure to be filled with trainers who are the best of the best since this is the top 100 in the world we're dealing with, and i doubt getting into the ultra tier is as easy as the great tier.

but who knows, we only roughly about half of them when he went back to oak's lab, and i'm kind of doubtful most of the ones who aren't fully evolved, or evolved period will be helpful at this point.

There is the arguement they could evolve off-screen but i know most don't want that.

MartínK

Needs to replace Force Palm and Reversal for Meteor Smash and Bone Rush, not sure if Double Team should be replaced but i don't want to have the same Style as Greninja so the four move could be anyone of this (Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed, Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Close Combat or Stone Edge)

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Needs to replace Force Palm and Reversal for Meteor Smash and Bone Rush, not sure if Double Team should be replaced but i don't want to have the same Style as Greninja so the four move could be anyone of this (Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed, Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Close Combat or Stone Edge)
Greninja had a unique move, Water Shuriken. However, with the Double Team, it is more of an ordinary move. It has been shown a lot in the anime so I have no problem with that.
Don't forget that Ash already has 3 pokemon with Double Team move (Greninja, Swellow, Talonflame as a Fletchling).

If I would like to see what moves Lucario has in the list (4 options):
1)
Bone Rush
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Double Team

2)
Magnet Rise
Iron Defense
Aura Sphere
Double Team

3)
Power Up-Punch
Counter
Aura Sphere
Double Team

4)
Dig
Thunder Punch
Aura Sphere
Double Team

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
kind of wish it would learn steel beam, cause i want to see that attack animated.

but meteor mash would be ok as well.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It should Keep Reversal, since it is the only user of it in the anime.

It also is the only Lucario to know Double Team.

Aura Sphere has to stay.

So Force Palm can go, Smash, Go, and Pokken cross-promotion or not.

Meteor Mash should be learned with Sirfetch'd learning Meteor Assaultthough, as an arc.

But Steel Beam could still happen if Raihan teaches it after Ash beats him in Masters.

Flash Cannon is also a strong possibility.

Life Dew, Final Gambit, Coaching, Terrain Pulse, Nasty Plot, Payback, Retaliate, Mind Reader, Confide, Follow Me, Role Play, and Laser Focus have not been shown yet in the anime and are still selectable, so those are good choices.

Me First, Natural Gift and Return haven't been shown, but aren't selectable, so they're not likely.

Close Combat and especially Bone Rush are as cliche as Force Palm, Vacuum Wave and Aura Sphere. Pass.

Metal Claw, Copycat, Power-Up Punch, Swords Dance, Detect, Circle Throw, Metal Sound, Dragon Pulse and Extreme Speed are all out due to them being signatures of various other canon Lucario.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Um, it doesn't have Force Palm as a move in Unite. It's got Meteor Mash - which upgrades to Bone Rush or Close Combat - as a starting move next to Quick Attack - which upgrades to Extreme Speed or Power-Up Punch.
One mistake does not a gotcha make