• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think SM's final episodes will go?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I know i will

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
It will be in the following.

Team RR will in some way or form take place in the Anime and it will be our big bad guy arc to finish the series. (Completing Lillie's development along the way among other things.)

Then we have the league... which since a lot of people don't have high hopes for, won't disappoint anyone should Ash lose. (Or he actually wins and causes a storm in the forums, but I can picture them making a twist with that victory becomes short lived because in the games.... you become the champion and people come after you for your title.)

Ending it off with our heart felt goodbye episode and since I actually like this series, it will be sad for me to see it go.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Sorry but i am more than happy at that gen 7 coming to end

Ashton Ketchum

Post league? Last three episodes will probably be "graduation from pokeschool" arc, with the kids deciding whatever they'll do from that. Ash will have a "graduation battle" that will be against Masked Royal/Kukui or Tapu Koko, go back to Pallet to restart (again) to travel around, obviously to gen 8 region. Tearful goodbye at the airport.

- Cues to clip montage with SM Best Moments and classmates/rivals memories with Ash
- Months after, Kukui and Burnet have their baby, which they call Ash. Rotomdex is the babysitter

The End
I think, Burnet be pregnant in end of Kukui's special episode. And, because in Pokemon anime nobody don't old, baby will born only if Ash won League in future and left position of main protagonist. And they got - girl.
Sun_Moon_Protagonist_female.png

flod1

I think, Burnet be pregnant in end of Kukui's special episode. And, because in Pokemon anime nobody don't old, baby will born only if Ash won League in future and left position of main protagonist. And they got - girl.
I might not like ash a lot, but I don't want this scenario to happen. I have no valid reason why, but it just sounds so unreasonable.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@Platinum fan. will be so happy that Glovehead finally appears.
I can see this league happening sometime in May 2019, and the remaining 4 months, I can foresee DA 2.0

Correct. Every odd-numbered generation has had a filler saga.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Boring as hell league, expected goodbyes, and Gen 8.

I'm willing to forgive a shoddy league that's probably going to happen in these last episodes under one condition and only this condition: the anime must treat Ash's loss as his own. Don't remember if this has been acknowledged yet, but the show never treats Ash's league losses as his own, not in recent memory at least. Let's look at the show's tone for Ash's most recent losses:
  • Alain: The anime always painted him as stronger than Ash, therefore Ash lost.
  • Cameron: He battled better than Ash, therefore Ash lost.
  • Tobias: He walked through the gyms of Sinnoh with one Pokemon, therefore Ash lost.
The anime doesn't depict Ash as a loser because of his own mistakes. Never once in those three does Ash say "I should have made a left when I made a right," "Maybe if I varied my moveset, I would stand a better chance," or "I didn't train anyone enough." If SM does this, I'll be shocked, but even the fan-favorite XY doesn't do this.

This statement runs under the assumption that Ash winning a league causes him to leave the protagonist seat rather than just change the arc from "To Be A Master" to who knows what.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Boring as hell league, expected goodbyes, and Gen 8.

I'm willing to forgive a shoddy league that's probably going to happen in these last episodes under one condition and only this condition: the anime must treat Ash's loss as his own. Don't remember if this has been acknowledged yet, but the show never treats Ash's league losses as his own, not in recent memory at least. Let's look at the show's tone for Ash's most recent losses:
  • Alain: The anime always painted him as stronger than Ash, therefore Ash lost.
  • Cameron: He battled better than Ash, therefore Ash lost.
  • Tobias: He walked through the gyms of Sinnoh with one Pokemon, therefore Ash lost.
The anime doesn't depict Ash as a loser because of his own mistakes. Never once in those three does Ash say "I should have made a left when I made a right," "Maybe if I varied my moveset, I would stand a better chance," or "I didn't train anyone enough." If SM does this, I'll be shocked, but even the fan-favorite XY doesn't do this.

This statement runs under the assumption that Ash winning a league causes him to leave the protagonist seat rather than just change the arc from "To Be A Master" to who knows what.

To be fair the Kalos League made no sense. We saw Ash actually doing very well that region and was even doing very well against Alain. That and he had a type advantage. My only guess would be the Ash Greninja bond needed too much focus and in the tension the bond weakened which I would have been fine with had they went into detail over just having Ash lose. I just want a league where we don't get rushed battles for anyone and no pokemon getting lost. Sadly I can''t see Alola's league being that good since it's the region's first league and first times tend too suck in life.

Actually I'd be fine if the last few eps of SUMO are not even SUMO but the lead into the next gen. Not saying it has to be in the region but I'd love to see a build up into the next region. The last good built up was Ash learning about Sinnoh.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What about Da! with Alexa and her Gogoat, Helioptile, and Noivern?

Never considered it could build up. Seemed forced compared to things like Harrison and his Blaziken and Gary inspiring Ash after a loss to keep going to Sinnoh. I guess it doesn't help how Alexa was treated either

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Never considered it could build up. Seemed forced compared to things like Harrison and his Blaziken and Gary inspiring Ash after a loss to keep going to Sinnoh. I guess it doesn't help how Alexa was treated either
What do you mean by Alexa treated? She was a recurring character in XY.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What do you mean by Alexa treated? She was a recurring character in XY.

Compared to Harrison brining a next gen mon to the league for example Alexa did not really have the impact of that. Plus she never felt like a member of the group in the BW era. I remember episodes where she was excluded. With that said I'll take that over how we went from DP to BW or XY to SUMO. A good transitioning helps otherwise it actually feels like an end. (If that makes sense)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Compared to Harrison brining a next gen mon to the league for example Alexa did not really have the impact of that. Plus she never felt like a member of the group in the BW era. I remember episodes where she was excluded. With that said I'll take that over how we went from DP to BW or XY to SUMO. A good transitioning helps otherwise it actually feels like an end. (If that makes sense)
Yeah it makes sense to me. It was especially weird to me that at the end of XY&Z47 we didn't even get Next time... A new Beginning!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yeah it makes sense to me. It was especially weird to me that at the end of XY&Z47 we didn't even get Next time... A new Beginning!

Personally in my head canon SUMO is it's own thing. (I know it isn't so don't come at me people) it just doesn't have the feel Pokemon OS-DP and XY had. Heck SUMO could exist by saying everything prior was in it's own series and SUMO is a redone Ash. Like OS to DP and XY Ash felt like he went on a journey. He went from being a noob in OS to being more skilled in AG and more serious in DP and XY. SUMO just feels so weird and really if SUMO had dropped Ash and led with a new main while still doing the faces and comedy with SoL I'm curious if the hate would be so big. At the end of the day a good transition is what truly helps since let's face it the hype builds up. Ash learning about Johto for example is a lot more hype than him taking a random vacation to Alola.

Actually funny how the two regions which did not have a real transition were "Let's Go On A Vacation!"

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash will lose the League in (hopefully) a good fashion to Zeraora trainer. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Marshadow or Melmetal out of his ass once Ash takes Zeraora down, he can still have strong Pokemon like Dragonite or Lucario that can give Ash a hard time and not make it feel like winning is impossible.

Gladion will head off for Kanto after Ash inspires him by his victory over him at the League; Similar to Trip who left for the boonies after Ash beat him, I think other rivals did too but I can't really remember atm. Also a USM reference as Gladion indeed goes to Kanto instead of his other family members. Kiawe will probably go as well, wanting to challenge the gyms.

Lana will join the Seafolk
Sophocles will go join Molayne on Ula'Ula(Cue Pokespecial Ula'Ula Science Fair where Soph and Clemont meet)
Mallow ends up leaving Alola as well; Turning up in gen 8 where she and Ash travel together with the new pokegirl
Lillie heads off for Hoenn; Meeting Serena in a special

Hopefully the TRio get written off so they don't digress into their personality-less XY/BW shells, entirely used as plot device and not treated like proper characters who get episodes revolving around them -_-
This is probably the best time for Team Rocket to leave; They've got a legitimate business going, they got their caretaker Bewear, and Mimikyu's too good to be stuck at HQ for the rest of eternity.

Some character shows up to begin the gen 8 promotion and introduce Ash to the new region.... or Ash just ends up dumped in gen 8 like what happened with BW and SM. Hoping we actually see Ash introduced ahead of time though, it's better that way.

A Pallet Town reunion with someone to introduce the next region would be nice.

I hope they use Gary to introduce the next region, it's been quite some time since we've seen him. And it still looks like he won't be appearing in Alola, I'd love it if Gary became a recurring character again like in DP. Even better if the new pokegirl has a thing for him, which ticks off Ash.... but not in the jealous way more like Meowth/James getting annoyed at Jessie's fangirling

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
TBH, XY was a bit too conclusive, it didn't leave something for the future gens (even DP left the TRio's promotion as a hook)

D

Deleted member 384931

I think graduation. A sort of exam for them all. Its interesting to see that the classmates and Ash appear less and less together.