• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think SM's final episodes will go?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The final episode of Sun and Moon should feature Ash on his plane back home, but during the flight back, it encounters problems, and the episode ends with the plane about to crash (Ash is among the survivors in the next episode but in Japan the next episode shouldn't air for a few months to build suspense, this is how things are done in America).

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
This is more of what I'm hoping to happen really instead of what I think will actually happen:

The SM will graduate first and then go onto pursing their own goals, with Ash doing the Alola League and the rest staying to watch.
People who will be in the League:
  • Ash
  • Gladion
  • Hau
  • Kiawe (?)
  • Kukui (Maybe as Royal Mask)
  • Zeraora Trainer
I expect Ash to get to at least to the Semi-Finals but will be beaten by Gladion or Kukui (since I reckon that Ash could beat Hau and Kiawe) or if he makes it to the Finals, he'll get beaten by the Zeraora trainer.

I think that there might be a RR arc before the League since Team Rocket as an organization has been featured more prominently in SM compared to other series, but it doesn't seem likely.

Paths SM Gang will take after the end of the series:
  • Kiawe will continue to help out on his farm and become the Wela Volcano Trial Captain like in the games.
  • Sophocles will continue working on inventions.
  • Lillie will become a trainer and go to Kanto.
  • Mallow will continue to work in her Dad's Restaurant or go on a Journey like her Brother did.
  • Lana will just keep doing what she's doing now (which isn't that much tbh).
One Pallet Town visit later and we're ready to go for Generation 8.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Kiawe (?)

He will definitely be in the league he said so in SM074 and also, he and Ash had the "lightning between the eyes" rivalry the way Iris and Georgia did throughout their rivalry and how Serena and Miette did in XY26.

become the Wela Volcano Trial Captain like in the games.

The thing is: there appear to be no trial captains in the anime. It would be a little different if, for example, Acerola, or one of the other trial captains who are not Ash's classmates had been called "Trial Captain Acerola" or "Trial Captain Ilima" or something, then we would know that at least trial captains exist, even if some of them are already trial captains and some of them aren't. Then we could theorize that maybe after Ash leaves Alola some of them will become trial captains as you just theorized. However, since no trial captains at all seem to exist, and Acerola was actually a perfect opportunity for them to call her a trial captain and they still didn't, then I have to say that this is not going to happen.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The final episode of Sun and Moon should feature Ash on his plane back home, but during the flight back, it encounters problems, and the episode ends with the plane about to crash (Ash is among the survivors in the next episode but in Japan the next episode shouldn't air for a few months to build suspense, this is how things are done in America).
Wait for the news irl, where there's an actual plane crash with lost of deaths and the anime decides to cancel those episodes in respect of the tragedy. It happened during XY about the boat sinking in South Korea back then.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
He will definitely be in the league he said so in SM074 and also, he and Ash had the "lightning between the eyes" rivalry the way Iris and Georgia did throughout their rivalry and how Serena and Miette did in XY26.

The thing is: there appear to be no trial captains in the anime. It would be a little different if, for example, Acerola, or one of the other trial captains who are not Ash's classmates had been called "Trial Captain Acerola" or "Trial Captain Ilima" or something, then we would know that at least trial captains exist, even if some of them are already trial captains and some of them aren't. Then we could theorize that maybe after Ash leaves Alola some of them will become trial captains as you just theorized. However, since no trial captains at all seem to exist, and Acerola was actually a perfect opportunity for them to call her a trial captain and they still didn't, then I have to say that this is not going to happen.
or maybe he somehow ends up being chosen as the next kahuna for after olivia retires (we all know she never will because time doesn't pass in this world, but still)
Wait for the news irl, where there's an actual plane crash with lost of deaths and the anime decides to cancel those episodes in respect of the tragedy. It happened during XY about the boat sinking in South Korea back then.
at least that episode ended up airing later on, unlike a certain 2-parter

Xuxuba

Ash will lose the League to the zeraora guy.

The classmates will get no development, just a half assed goodbye.

And all of them will get their diploma despite doing absolutely nothing that a student actually does like, you know, studying.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
TBH, XY was a bit too conclusive, it didn't leave something for the future gens (even DP left the TRio's promotion as a hook)
Are you implying the Solrock & Lunatone souvenirs dropped by TRio was not just that?

I see Ash losing, the region doesn't hide its theme of family by being all cheesy about how they all learned from Ash, *insert goodbyes*, Ash leaves because he's tired of his failed vacation to Hawaii

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
- Ash loses the league. He thanks his perfect (or dumber with a lot of luck) opponent for a good battle and promises that they will fight again in the future. (Spoiler: They won't.)
- Dance party.
- Everyone bids Ash farewell. Tapu Koko chirps weirdly.
- Upon returning to Kanto, Ash sacks every Alolan Pokemon to live the rest of their days at Oak's Ranch. Pikachu refuses to do that.
- Ash's mom once more steals the next game's male protagonist's clothes and passes it off as a new original creation for her son to wear. She hides the body of her victim.
- Ash gets on a plane and goes down...south, north, west, southeast to the next region.
- Art style overhaul.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
- Ash loses the league. He thanks his perfect (or dumber with a lot of luck) opponent for a good battle and promises that they will again in the future. (Spoiler: They won't.)
- Dance party.
- Everyone bids Ash farewell. Tapu Koko chirps weirdly.
- Upon returning to Kanto, Ash sacks every Alolan Pokemon to live the rest of their days at Oak's Ranch. Pikachu refuses to do that.
- Ash's mom once more steals the next game's male protagonist's clothes and passes it off as a new original creation for her son to wear. She hides the body of her victim.
- Ash gets on a plane and goes down...south, north, west, southeast to the next region.
- Art style overhaul.
And then we rinse and repeat for all eternity.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
And then we rinse and repeat for all eternity.
I don't mind I'll keep watching it forever and talking to y'all about it forever it makes me happy

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What if the last eps are the "end" to the series only to find out Gen 8 starts with the new movie verse? In a way that would work with the whole new main but not getting rid of Ash. Since all the mistakes done in the anime could be erased but they still keep Ash

Ashton Ketchum

Here my thoughts about Kukui as Mask Royal. Final battle between Ash and MR be in one of final episodes, before Ash's final exam. And probably, Ash will win. And in episode with graduation and goodbye, Ash learns his identity, only on the ferry / plane, when he received a mask in the received farewell gift from the Professor (who asked him to open it later). And in this way, the Professor will reveal his secret to Ash, when he is far from the region, and Mask becomes one of Ash's achievements with Z Power Ring, Z-Crystals, badges from previous gens, etc. And probably, in Kukui's special episode (where, in the end Burnet reveal she is pregnant), Kukui becomes new principle.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Who wants to bet the graduation is either going to he half assed or just forgotten? Have they even done anything school work? It is pretty much preschool. They never do anything like tests or real homework but play. Heck I'd even like some typical school drama

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Who wants to bet the graduation is either going to he half assed or just forgotten? Have they even done anything school work? It is pretty much preschool. They never do anything like tests or real homework but play. Heck I'd even like some typical school drama
now that I think of it, has graduation even been MENTIONED in the show? It was said in an early summary for the series before it began, but never in any episode IIRC

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
now that I think of it, has graduation even been MENTIONED in the show? It was said in an early summary for the series before it began, but never in any episode IIRC

If not it would literally make the entire series so pointless. At least with past series we had an actual reason for being there. Here it is literally go to school even if you don't do anything at said school except fool around. The more I think about it the school is hurting Ash more than helping. If Ash had actually traveled he could be doing things his way. He was never a school person but more of a get out and do it person so him even wanting to go to school is weird.

Jeal

If not it would literally make the entire series so pointless. At least with past series we had an actual reason for being there. Here it is literally go to school even if you don't do anything at said school except fool around. The more I think about it the school is hurting Ash more than helping. If Ash had actually traveled he could be doing things his way. He was never a school person but more of a get out and do it person so him even wanting to go to school is weird.
Yeah, this is the main reason why SM is bad. It completely changed Ash's personality to make sense.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yeah, this is the main reason why SM is bad. It completely changed Ash's personality to make sense.

I mean sure he got excited over things but never like this. He acts way too young. Sure he is 10 but he never acted (or even looked 10) and it felt right. Now he's so painful to watch. The art style doesn't help.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I been said that for 3 years and Ash/Satoshi is meant to be a traveling amd road hero type of character and is not anime school main character ! Hell shudõ himself made that clear he is adult at age 10 and i am a guy who don't really agree with everything that he say about Pokemon stuff at all but i agrees with him on ash is made to be adventurous hero .

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
As long as the SM characters get there resolution and good farewell i will be fine, unlike BW duo iris and cilan who were treated like packed cargo and were thrown into the train and were never seen in the main anime.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.