• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think Sonic is doing?

How is he doing?

• Total voters

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Perhaps they could have done a Kirby Air Ride way of using the sword?

In other words, whenever an enemy goes directly in front of Sonic he automatically uses his sword to cut them down.

Then again, that would be kind of cheap. Perhaps it would only work after a certain amount of rings?

As for the Werehog idea I posed, maybe they could have had something akin to the Trick system in MK Wii. Everytime you hit an opponent, you can press a button and go slightly faster. As such, the more enemies you kill, the faster you can go, giving you an incentive to destroy as many enemies as possible.

Then again, I can already see the problems in such a system.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
As for the Werehog idea I posed, maybe they could have had something akin to the Trick system in MK Wii. Everytime you hit an opponent, you can press a button and go slightly faster. As such, the more enemies you kill, the faster you can go, giving you an incentive to destroy as many enemies as possible.

Maybe after each enemy you kill, you obtain a special kind of substance (I don't know, something like the Pearls from SatSR), and after collecting a set amount, you can access a secret area in the stage.

Super Sonic Racing's shortcuts in a main game, basically.

A personal reason of mine, but I want to see the shield powerups from Sonic 3 again. All those shields helped Sonic's versatility without hindering his speed. I'd like to see them implemented in a 3D game.

BCVM22

The lightning shield appeared in Adventure 2. The fire shield's extra ability is essentially negated by the homing attack. Sonic has yet to be placed in an underwater environment in a 3D title and the one character who has been - Knuckles - got a piece of equipment that provides unlimited air, and by that same token Sonic got a piece of equipment in Adventure 2 that let him do the bounce attack.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Kabutopzilla, don't feed the troll. Seriously.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The lightning shield appeared in Adventure 2.

I was also including it's second ability of the double jump for added height, as well as an increased attack radius, things that the current lightning shield does not do.

The fire shield's extra ability is essentially negated by the homing attack.

The Fire shield also gave Sonic the ability to repel projectiles, be immune to fire damage, and run across lava. I'd love to be able to run through a Lava Reef-esque zone again.

Sonic has yet to be placed in an underwater environment in a 3D title and the one character who has been - Knuckles - got a piece of equipment that provides unlimited air, and by that same token Sonic got a piece of equipment in Adventure 2 that let him do the bounce attack.

Which was only in one game, and once you acquire the item, you can use it forever. There should have been a risk to using the items, at least.

If anything, Sonic needs a means of defense in the games. Unless the trend of losing only a small amount of rings each hit continues, shields are the best way to go.

[/obvious]

/flameigniting

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well, I'd rather not ever have to play an underwater Sonic level again.

If it's something like outrunning a flood or just going through a big pipe that is underwater though, that would be nice.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Well, I'd rather not ever have to play an underwater Sonic level again.

Underwater zones were present in the first three games, with no problem whatsoever. It forces you to keep your *** moving in the stage, instead of backtracking looking around for any kind of secret area.

And even then, you have 20-25 seconds until you die, so it's not like Sonic is in peril immediately.

I really want to see how this kind o level would be implemented in 3D. With decreased mobility, the cool underwater graphics, everything.

If it's something like outrunning a flood or just going through a big pipe that is underwater though, that would be nice.

Labyrinth Zone 2010?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I never really liked Underwater levels in general, be it Mario or Sonic. They just tick me off. Mario for the ****ing bloopers and physics, Sonic for the time limit, the annoying "You are drowning" music.

Probably the reason why can be traced to Megaman 2. Wily Fortress 3.... just.... Wily Fortress 3.

I know the outrun the flood or go through a pipe underwater levels already exist. I'm just talking about in 3D. And preferably no minigames would be involved (like Sonic Adventure's snow boarding, which admittingly was fun).