1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you think Sonic is doing?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by DannyTP227, Jul 11, 2009.

?

How is he doing?

1. still going strong

9.0%
  2. staying good

7.4%
  3. could improve

43.4%
  4. bad

32.0%
  5. pretty much dead

32.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zerokku

Zerokku Nonstop Breeder

And me as well.

2. BlitzBlast

BlitzBlast Busy with School

Okay, now I really don't know who's in the wrong here.

Right after I told Chagen to calm down and look at what he wrote, you guys come to post messages that can only be seen as provocative.

In all honest truth, you guys (Slick, Spacial, Freya, and Archimedes) are trolling; posting messages in the attempt to inspire an emotional reaction.

While Chagen may have been in the wrong when he started insulting people who didn't share his views, that's no reason to descend into a flame war.

Anyhow, if in any case I somehow offended you (Chagen) between the two Sonic threads on SPPf, I apologize.

However, I implore you to realize that not everyone is like you; while you may like a game series, others may despise it, and that you shouldn't just wildly group people together.

Take the Sonic thread on the Nintendo board; after I stated that nobody would take you seriously, you called me a retro-f*g who sodomizes himself on Genesis cartridges.

Newsflash: I'm 13. I've only played one of the original Sonic games. However, I've played the recent games, and I must admit they suck.

3. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

We wouldn't act like trollers if he wasn't being a stuck up snob and insulting US first.

Forgot that detail.

4. BlitzBlast

No, I dare say I didn't.

5. Slick

Slick Banned

The reason this has become a flame-war is because he has, simply put, started it.

6. BlitzBlast

It can't be a war if only one side flames.

Now let's just go back on topic.

I personally think Sonic is in dire need of well-executed inspiration.

7. DannyTP227

DannyTP227 5th Division Taichou

I agree about people whining about the problems... they should just try to enjoy the games... and retro fans can be kind of stubborn and annoying...

8. DannyTP227

DannyTP227 5th Division Taichou

Wait, what's with all the flaming? O_O;

9. BlitzBlast

Danny, there's an edit button. Don't double post.

Also, the reason all the flaming is going on is because of the fact that Chagen insulted people who didn't agree to his opinions, inciting a flame war, which has just recently stopped.

Please don't make it start again.

10. Conker

Conker Active Member

Most of the Sonic games I 've played, I enjoyed them. But the franchise need some impoved: like they should stop making so many spin off games and Focus more time on the Main storyline. I never liked how they changed Robotnik to Dr Eggman. I know in Japan its Eggman. But when I was child I knew him as Robotnik and now I still pefer him as Robotnik. It's cool name and I found very suitable name to.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  11. joerachi

joerachi The Blazing Tempest

ive played sonic 1 2 and three so dont call me a retro-***

Personally i think sonic was at the peak of his time around 2000 upon release of Sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 (and its predisecors on GCN) i think that Chao Raising was really fun and i look forward to bring that into a newer game and with more. Sonic riders was a nice break from The same ol' same ol'. other than that it went all downhill from SA and SA2

12. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Yeah, but retro fans tend to be the most united of all of Sonic's fanbases. They're not perfect, but most of them at least agree on what they like.

Anyway, like I said before, I don't think Sonic is doing great, but he's certainly not dead. I think he can be saved, and I really wish the fanbase would unite in a legitimate effort to do so (Sega would probably take a united fanbase more seriously). But as evidenced on many sites and topics, I doubt that will ever happen. And Sonic will continue to pay the price for that.

13. BlitzBlast

I predict that in the near future Sonic will turn into the Golden Werehog, before suddenly turning into Super Sonic 4, only to fuse with Super Shadow to become Shanic, who will then preceed to destroy the evil Boo Mario.

...why is it that I can easily imagine this?

14. joerachi

joerachi The Blazing Tempest

Because DB wont sue?

15. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

Had it ever occurred to you, that those people did try to enjoy the games and that, maybe, just maybe, they really aren't that great?

16. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

This man speaks truth.

17. aaron-now

aaron-now Well-Known Member

To be honest, I can't stand Sonic. Never have.
    I think that Sonic was created for straight path obstacle platforming. He shouldn't be a Werehog. That's the dumbest idea ever. Sega should produce a better character or work on another pre-existing character like Billy Hatcher. As game evolve and everything is 3D, the characters should go down with the genre (or do a Mario). My two cents.

18. Emo_Kirlia

Emo_Kirlia Well-Known Member

Mario whupped Sonic's *** so now he's dead.

19. Luke Groundwalker

Luke Groundwalker the WORLD.

I don't think Sonic is doing too well. Even the good games that I've enjoyed like Unleashed (Wii, PS2) and the Rush series have severe flaws and some even missing the mark on what made older Sonic games and to a stretched extent the Adventure games so good in the first place. It really depends on what kind of people work on these games really. Sonic Team is really getting worse with time but you can tell that they're trying new ideas for the series (and when they don't, like with Sonic 2006 only to do a rushjob on it, it turns out to be pretty much the worst in the series). However a lot of people (including me) enjoyed the recent RPG game for the DS by Bioware a lot, it was a pretty fun little game with a nice story by Sonic standards.

Maybe the solution is to give Sonic to other developers really, developers who know what made the older games good and utilize it to it's greatest extent.

20. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

the end!

why not leave it with this. sonic's gameideas attracts rats it appears.