• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think the DP trio will be remembered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoenn Group>Original Trio>DP Trio>Orange Islands Trio

The DP trio could have been much better if Brock hadn't gotten so stale :/

RickHoenn

Banned
Do you see the DP trio being remembered as anything special?

NO

There was almost no chemistry.

Original Trio > Hoenn Quartet > DP Trio > Orange Islands Trio

I loved the orginal trio, but for me, the Hoenn four are just better. I don't know they just clicked.
I kind of just wish Misty was traveling with them instead of Max.
That would have been a good group.

Grei

not the color
So long as Teshub and blob are still around, Brock and Dawn will never be forgotten.

I'm sure they will be if Brock and Dawn appear in the same cameo episode. I never saw Ash, Brock and Dawn as a "set". They were a trio (and I feel that they were a better group than Ash, Brock, May and Max), but I don't consider Brock a part of any "set" other than the Kanto trio.

To me, Sinnoh was Ash's adventure with Dawn, along with a creepy, perverted Asian man who followed them around and cooked food for them.

I suppose Ash and Dawn will be remembered because the two were very much alike...? It felt less like Ash was a mentor (Ash and May) and more like Ash was simply Dawn's equal, who happened to know more about the Pokemon world than Dawn. I liked that.

I personally hope Iris and Dento leave after Isshu (Dento moreso than Iris) simply because then we won't be incredibly sick of them by the time they finally do leave. That and we'll remember Ash, Iris and Dento as a "trio" on it's own, and not a couple travelers with a new member to replace an old one (although I feel like Iris's starter not being an 'Isshu Starter' is kind of setting up for her continuing on into Gen 6 with Ash). Then they can be remembered simply because they were there for Isshu and Isshu only.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm sure they will be if Brock and Dawn appear in the same cameo episode. I never saw Ash, Brock and Dawn as a "set". They were a trio (and I feel that they were a better group than Ash, Brock, May and Max), but I don't consider Brock a part of any "set" other than the Kanto trio.

To me, Sinnoh was Ash's adventure with Dawn, along with a creepy, perverted Asian man who followed them around and cooked food for them.

I agree and disagree. While I agree DP was really about Ash and Dawn, back in AG Brock felt just as much a part of that group as he was the original trio.

Granted you really have to watch enough of AG to understand what I'm talking about, I realize a lot of people here got back into Pokemon during the DP era and missed most of AG when it was airing.

Even though Brock didn't do much in AG, he still felt like a big part of that group, as weird as this is to say.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Remembered as something special? Yeah I can see that happening though if I may say, only be some people. Right now as I type, I see tons of Diamond and Pearl cast signatures with the same message: "DP cast is the best", "DP cast will always be remembered", "Bye Brock and Dawn", etc. But that's only because the series is about to end. Once it does end and Best Wishes fever kicks in, nobody will really remember them unless it's brought up again at some point. Typically, they'll be remembered as the cast that didn't get a proper ending judging from the episodes coming up. The only people who will actively remember the DP cast and all the fun times had will be the PearlShippers, maybe the IkariShippers, and certain members who I rather not mention by name :|

Last edited:

Sayho1234

I'd even put the Orange Island group ahead of the DP trio.

But that's mainly cause Misty and Tracey became good friends in the hoso specials. I like how they became good friends. :)

Lol, I thought for sure that you'd put the DP Trio ahead of the Orange Islands Trio :p.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Don't know about other fan but DP trio will always be remembered by me, that's 4 sure.

xex

Banned
The original series trio had a lot of life in them and the Hoenn trio was ok but there wasn't the best but good,the DP trio was just as boring as the Hoenn trio which non of them are all that great and the DP trio was bland and boring with out anything hardly happing.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
So is anyone can answer my question? What makes the other groups/trios so "special"? And you really can't use nostalga as an excuse for the original trio.

So still no one can answer my question then eh? Guess the Original or OI trios and AG groups aren't so special after all then.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Dawn had a lot more focus than May or Misty, and its likely that Dento will take up some screentime from Iris. So yes, the DP trio will be remembered mostly because of Dawn.

Plus DP was a great saga.

Eh, who knows. It just felt like a duo with a useless third wheel half the time. They could have introduced a much more interesting third character. Looks like Dento is a step in the right direction.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The DP trio had no balance. Doing two heroes and a sidekick was a bad idea. Brock had nobody to play off of. His and Dawn's interactions were forced and they were associates.

Dawn herself was pretty much Ash as a girl. It was like Ash was talking to his female clone this generation.

This "trio" lacked humor. Most of the humor came from the Pokemon, not the group dynamics. Any "arguments" this group had were short-lived, (like in Nando's first ep), and they got along way too nice.

The BW trio is the writers way of making up for this mistake.

Champion Jared 14

Honestly, I can't even really call them a trio...It was a duo, Ash and Dawn, and an old friend of Ash's, travels through Sinnoh!

Brock and Dawn didn't have too many interactions between them and when they did it seemed forced so...that's not something good to be memorable for.

Status
Not open for further replies.