• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think the DP trio will be remembered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It's to bad we didn't get the DP trio we were originally promised by that teaser poster. I'm talking about the one with Ash, Paul, and Dawn on it. It made Sinnoh look as brand new as Best Wishes does now and I was so excited to see Paul and Dawn as new characters. Then they brought Brock back. I love the Sinnoh saga but I'll never forget the disappointment when I learned that Paul was not joining Ash and Dawn. That teaser poster was nothing but a tease, go figure.

Lunanight

well obviously.
they traveled since like 2006.
they kind of are forced to interact with each other, lol.

their moments weren't as memorable as, OF COURSE, the first trio ..for being, THE FIRST TRIO ugh.
And Hoenn, with May and Max's brother/sister relationship, and Ash being May's mentor. And lala.

What was truly special about Ash/Dawn/Brock?

QUOTED FOR THE SIG!

anyway, you are right.

ash + dawn = not much to remember, ash has interacted with all three main girls but he interacted more with misty and may.

ash was may's "tutor" and supported her a lot in hoenn and kanto. misty appeared to interact the most with ash but I could be wrong.

ash + brock = the interactions seem to decrease over the year, in kanto: they interacted WAY MORE.

brock + dawn = they had moments but I feel that it was a forced interactions between brock and dawn.

ForteAnly

I don't see how the DP trio will be remembered they were not that great of a trio. The original trio will be the most remembered trio follow by the Hoenn gang. It's funny how now that DP is ending everybody is making it seem like DP was the best thing to happen to the anime in every form. DP was good it had some good moments but the best far from it.

HoennMaster

BlueDragonfangirl

QUOTED FOR THE SIG!

anyway, you are right.

ash + dawn = not much to remember, ash has interacted with all three main girls but he interacted more with misty and may.

ash was may's "tutor" and supported her a lot in hoenn and kanto. misty appeared to interact the most with ash but I could be wrong.

ash + brock = the interactions seem to decrease over the year, in kanto: they interacted WAY MORE.

brock + dawn = they had moments but I feel that it was a forced interactions between brock and dawn.

Dawn/Brock I'll give yah that cuz I didn't even notice there interactions.
Ash/Dawn what? I fail to see how he interacted with May more than he did with Dawn. Ash didn't mentor Dawn, they were on the same terms and helped each other out more and more as the series went on.

Lunanight

Dawn/Brock I'll give yah that cuz I didn't even notice there interactions.
Ash/Dawn what? I fail to see how he interacted with May more than he did with Dawn. Ash didn't mentor Dawn, they were on the same terms and helped each other out more and more as the series went on.

I said that ash/dawn was not interacting more then may or misty because unlike them, dawn only got to travel through 1 region with ash while may and misty traveled through 2 regions(3 if you count misty in the Orange Islands) so they got to interact more with ash.

If dawn went to isshu with ash, I would say that ash interacted with dawn as much as may or misty.

PePer

I said that ash/dawn was not interacting more then may or misty because unlike them, dawn only got to travel through 1 region with ash while may and misty traveled through 2 regions(3 if you count misty in the Orange Islands) so they got to interact more with ash.

If dawn went to isshu with ash, I would say that ash interacted with dawn as much as may or misty.

Doesn't matter? Sinnoh was the length of two regions, do you realize it? If not there is something wrong with ya.

That's why people b**ch about Sinnoh , because writers spend too much time in one region.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
The trio won't really be remembered. Dawn will. Brock was left in the shadows a lot and rarely interacted with Dawn without talking about Ash.

yay I be sigged! ^_^!

So still no one can answer my question then eh? Guess the Original or OI trios and AG groups aren't so special after all then.

calm yourself now.

the only thing you gave me about the D/P trio was them bonding with the lake trio.

ok let's see.
AG -
May. just May.
kidding! Ash acted like an older brother to Max, especially at times when he didn't have May. They all helped May see the good in Pokemon, and encouraged her when she decided to do contests.
Brock and Max interacted ..even more than Dawn and Brock!!
And May and Max's adorable fights and make ups.

Original -
IDK TALK TO THE ANGRY PEOPLE!
actually I love the original first season. Ash and Misty constantly fought and made up. Brock would always be trying to calm them down. They were a much closer family than the D/P trio for sure.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I think the trio won´t be as well remembered as the Ash/Misty/Brock gang (or the AG gang) BUT Dawn will probably be rembembered fondly. They did a great job with her both as a part of the group and how she interatcted with her rivals/friends. But because Brock sadly got a bit backsided the trio overall aren´t as dynamic as the earlier groups were.

On the other hand, they never did anything outright wrong, but it feels to me like I will remember this group because of their individual parts more than as a group. Not that that is wrong, I liked all three of them but I felt more that they were interacting Ash - Dawn, Ash - Brock and not as a group. Dawn was more drawn to Ash as a friend and tutor than she was to Brock.

When Ash, Misty and Brock travelled it felt great because two older trainers took care and helped (as well as teased and sometimes critizesed) the younger Ash, and when in Hoenn and Kanto (BF) it was often so that when Ash and Max did something May and Brock did something else. Or when May and Ash did something Max tied himself to Brock as a teacher in practical stuffs. Result; none was left behind but now in DP it felt like Brock was a bit left behind when Ash and Dawn did something. He had niether a Max who wanted to learn about technical and practical stuffs, or a May that he coudl calm down with when Ash and Max left for some burger- run.

Brock more or less confirmed this view in DP 190, when he sees that Ash and Dawn has clear- cut goals and that made them closer and it was something that did not include Brock.

Oh, yeah, the OI trio. Well Tracy was the good guy but he never stood ou in the long run. Of course this is due to his limited time in Ash groups, but he sure was not a bad or boring character. But it is not fair to judge him by the same standards as the others. He did not much but he only got a filler season and then guest- apperences. On the other hand, I enjoyed the OI saga because it felt nice and funny, they did much funnier stuff there in the relativly short time they spent there than in the same ammount of eps in the longer sagas. I mean, just randomly pick out the same number of eps from the longer series as the OI counted, and we don´t get much, we need the whole OS, AG and DP to get what we have in terms of character development. So while the others have better character development we have to judge Tracy and the OI trio as a case of its own.

Last edited:

mew151

Thunder Trainer
We'll see what the last episode give us. Even though it looks as it is already determined by many of us, I'm just waiting on whatever surprises they give us, whether or not we like it.

DP should have tried as a duo travel, not another trio. Because of Takeshi's staying at the background most of the time, even in main events like the tournament and VS Galaxy Gang, I was like "Oh, when were you there?" mostly. What they should have done is have him travel with another or alone and have him appear in a few episodes like how they portrayed Shigeru in DP: only 3 MF'in episodes so far. If they did a duo, Satoshi could have slowly improve on other tasks like cooking Poffins (for some reason, I'm getting the vibe he'll make burnt Poffins again in the last episode) or become more calculative, being more observant (actively, not passively).

Satoshi was less humerous than how he was in previous series, but far from being stale. Him trying to cook but failed, him executing attacks with his Pokemon and him going Super Mario in that one Gible episode still made me smile. The others display him performing techniques taken as Contest moves, the Counter Shield and attacking from underground which Shinji also used as a sort of inspiration from his rival.

For BW, uh trio (would it really be?) I'm just hoping they don't drop the ball again. They've done enough disappointments and who knows how they'll screw up BW.

Like every other group.
Alot of new people joined this generation and they will remember them as their first group. And the Galactic arc did them justice. Plus theres always Pokemon Sunday to show DP. They won't be forgotten, DP will go down in history as defeating Team Glactic together.

Pretty much this and the Team Galactic arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.