• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think the Masters 8 battles will go?

GMax Helios

One really big problem with trying to figure out how the battles will go is I'm not really sure how the battle are gonna be taking place. Will it be in brackets like the Pokemon Leagues or will they be completely ranom? Either way, it's kinda hard to guess how they will go out. Not only that, but some of these could be very wasted (not like Journeys hasn't been disappointing tons of fans anyways). While I'm not really into the whole "Who's stronger, Leon or Cynthia" debate people always bring up, I can't deny that sounds like a really interesting matchup. But if we do that, Cynthia doesn't get to battle Ash and she is the champion he has the biggest connection to. It also doesn't help that, with the obvious exception of Leon, Cynthia is the champion with the most presence in Journeys There is also Ash vs Diantha considering they never even finished their battle, but 2 at least 2 other characters have a bigger connection to him. Regardless, assuming it's in brackets these are the matchups I'm predicting.

Round 1

Ash vs Alain- Victor: Ash

Lance vs Cynthia- Victor: Cynthia

Diantha vs Steven- Victor: Steven

Iris vs Leon: Victor: Leon

Semi Finals

Ash vs Cynthia- Victor: Ash

Steven vs Leon- Victor: Leon

Finals

Ash vs Leon- Victor: ???

Gonna be honest, I was going back and forth between this and Alain facing Steven just because I'd like to see Alain and Steven finish their battle from MES II. Well, like I said, with a brackets system interesting ideas could be utterly wasted.

SatoSereFan224888

I think Ash is going to win the tournament.