• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you think the Sird storyline will work out? Diamond and Pearl remakes story arc? (SPOILERS)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So from the writer's point of view, it seems he has some kind of plans for Sird in the future or at least some ideas. I don't think anyone expected her to show up again in the Sinnoh region as Cyrus's lieutenant, not to mention being the one responsible for brainwashing a certain grunt who plays a major role later on. The writer also showed one of the Deoxys's from the Sevii Isles heading to Sinnoh. In an update in Pokemon Sun and Moon, Moon is shown to be an associate/employee working for the Berlitz family. This is the same family where Platina, our female protagonist of the DP series, comes from. Coincidentally there is also possible Sinnoh remakes that is theorized to come after 7th gen. With all these hints pointing towards a story in Sinnoh, it seems from the writer's point of view that he is also expecting GameFreak to make Diamond and Pearl remakes, having planned a specific story line in mind.

I also feel that this "Sird" storyline will also serve as a point where all the current Pokedex Holders will meet again due to Sird's relation to the four previous generations of Pokedex Holder as a Team Rocket Member, freezing the original team to stone, responsible for "Guile Hideout's" destruction across the Battle Frontier and is later revealed to be a member of Team Galactic. In Sun and Moon, it's later revealed that Moon is a employee working for the Berlitz family of Sinnoh. As for the 5th and 6th generations of Pokedex holder, they'll probably come up with the old "The professor sent you!" reason. Or who knows, they may not appear at all. What's also important is that there are a lot of things relating to the creation trio of Sinnoh, or at least the properties they control, in future generations, such as Hoopa's rings or Ultra Necrozma's relation to wormholes. So if Kusaka is outlining such a storyline, he can implement future generations of lore relating to time, space, distortion or creation before he fully fleshes out the story. In fact he kind of did that in a way with ORAS, revealing Maxie's and Archie's fate, stuck in the distortion world as "nothingness". He also mentioned the distortion world again in the Sun and Moon chapters. Either this is just simply a cool Adventures lore throwback or he's planning something for possible DP remakes.

Regardless if Diamond and Pearl remakes happen or not, I think we can all agree that Kusaka does plan on having a dedicated storyline with Sird as the main antagonist, waiting for the perfect game to use as a basis for this storyline. To this point, we absolutely have no clue what Sird's motives are, just that she's testing out different experiments and has an interest in powerful Pokemon and nothing more.

tumblr_inline_ouh95kgL5l1uh2vhj_540.png

Looking at her, she kind of looks like an evil female Frieza from Dragon Ball lol. Try getting that out of your head.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Sird is kind of like the Master Xehanort of Pokemon in that she basically gets away with everything from Team Rocket to the cursed armor to Team Galactic. I really want her to either bite the dust or go to jail already. It's a bit insane how she can basically get away with as much as she can. Really, I think ice voodoo did the most damage to her.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sird is kind of like the Master Xehanort of Pokemon in that she basically gets away with everything from Team Rocket to the cursed armor to Team Galactic. I really want her to either bite the dust or go to jail already. It's a bit insane how she can basically get away with as much as she can.

Not every Spe villain gets arrested.

All of Team Rocket is still free to do whatever. Agatha's still out there. Don't think Carl and Sham's fates were revealed. Etc, etc.

Really, I think ice voodoo did the most damage to her.

She got blown up by one of Carr's Forretress just before that happened.

Lucky3

I think Kusaka's original plan might have been to make her some sort of archenemy of all Pokedex Holders and the final villain of the manga, but since Pokemon has no end in sight, she'll probably stay a recurring antagonist.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
We already got a huge crossover with a lot of dex holders at the end of BF. I don't really need to see another one any time soon with too many characters crammed in. But Sird was working with to Galactic for a long time. It would make sense for her to be finally defeated in a storyline involving Cyrus. Cyrus still has some redeeming to do, just like Giovanni.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
No offence to shoz99 but i think that sird could show up in in the rainbow rockets arc in the sun and moon arc

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
No offence to shoz99 but i think that sird could show up in in the rainbow rockets arc in the sun and moon arc
THAT... is the most ingenious opportunity for Sird to appear. Though I kind of doubt they'll do Team Rainbow Rocket since that is a potentially big story line in an already tight schedule, unless the writer suddenly decides he wants to explore the multiple worlds of the Ultra Wormholes.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Actually wormholes could be something like distortion world in Pokemon dppt arc

e9310103838

I still think Sird might appear in ORAS, B2W2 or XY.

And I don't think Kusaka will keep foreshadowing for the games that don't know when they will be launched. (well, although Kusaka is a predictor XD) :p