1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How do you want the next PokeGirl to be like?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Musashi~, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OfCorsola

OfCorsola Brock and Misty!

LOL. Most likely what I would think too.

Quote of the week.

2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Anyway, what about making here related to a gym leader like May? Or hell, even have her be the daughter of an E4 member or even the Champion

3. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

I'd like her to be a battler like Ash and have a battle-oriented goal. Maybe even have her collect badges if there's not a secondary battling goal like animé Contests or a Battle Chateau-like location or tournament, or maybe a battle style (Sky Battles, a new Ground Battle type thing, etcetera, or type-based tournament) goal. Anything but Showcases or an idol-like goal. Personality-wise I'd also like her to be stern very serious and focused on her goal, but still friendly. She would not like to waste time and always wants to get to the next location as quickly as possible, which brings some conflict to the group and this impatience can even be seen as a flaw with regards to her goal. Her personality would come as a surprise to Ash and if he dawdles in a location, she'll try to get him moving along. Most of all, I would actually have her achieve her dream, assuming it doesn't conflict with Ash's own goal. Or heck, even if it does conflict with his goal, have her win anyway, especially if the reason Ash loses is because he doesn't use his six best Pokémon and/or a Mega Evolution while she does.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  4. Aegiscalibur

Aegiscalibur Add Witty Title Here

Desperate times need desperate measures. There is only one way to top XY. Have two girls travel with Ash, and have them both fall for him.

5. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

2 Girls. 1 Ash.

S&M 'bout to go down.

6. Red and Blue

Would it be possible to have both Ash and the new girl to do gym matches at the same time? That's something that has never been done before.

7. OfCorsola

I honestly think that would be difficult. As in difficult for even the writers to do. They already spend three episodes on a gym battles, imagine how it would be like with the girl. It would either be a quick win or loss. And if they decide to devote three episodes for her gym battle, then Ash's gym battle would be as quick as it was with Watson back in Hoenn. The writers wouldn't want to steal focus on Ash and as much as it would be great to see that in a girl, it would only be possible if she starred in a spinoff series.

I mean, Misty was also supposed to be a "Pokemon Trainer" and look how that turned out.

I CANT EVEN

8. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

Mix up the dynamic by making her older than Ash, she can be the more experienced member of the group (I wish they had made Alexa the companion in XY TBH), the male protagonist can be a rookie instead to make Ash a mentor to him
    Make her Tomboyish and extroverted, Misty, Iris and May were more fun and into action than Serena but still capable of being girly or cute at times
    Don't bother with romance between her and Ash, Ash will not grow up enough to be into girls like that (he hasn't had a canon crush on a girl since Giselle in early Kanto). The episodes where they pretend otherwise tend to be cheesy shiptease that won't amount to anything.
    Give her a goal with clear stages, May's journey was interesting because we saw her develop regular rivals and challenges. Don't make it gym battles as seeing each gym twice would be dull but make it something related to battling
    Make her background a mystery for a while, hint at secret she's been hiding from the others like a past mistake she's guilty over or a phobia. That will make the bond seem stronger after she resolves it with Ash's help

Either that or try to copy Sapphire in the Pokemon Adventures manga or Blue (the Blastoise one called Blue in the japanese version).
    There's more than enough time to spend on Ash, there's more than enough time to spend time on a rivals judging by the amount of filler and characters of the day. There was plenty of time for plot events for Ash and Dawn and May's contest careers along with a ton of filler in Hoenn and Sinnoh after all. His battle with Juan for example took ages. They probably made Ash's Wattson battle quick because they ran out of time it just suited his character to give away a badge easily (although really Wattson should have stopped the battle and lectured Ash on not noticing Pikachu's condition because he was too eager to win, it was Ash's least deserved win IMO).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  9. Shooti

Shooti Uber Trainer

I'd rather have Serena stay or a past main girl return for a change. The introduction of new characters adds nothing to the main plot it's painfully obvious that it's done solely to promote the characters of the latest games, but can't they make these characters rivals of Ash/Serena/Clemont/any_past_main_character for a change?

Make the new girl Serena's love rival number-2. A female rival for Ash with frequent appearances would be a nice too, bonus points if her personality is like Misty.

10. OfCorsola

Contests and gym battles were evenly balanced out because they both varied. They weren't two same type of competitions. I'm 100% the writers will quickly run out of ideas if they have both trainers do gym battles.

I'm saying this because of what we seen from past episodes. Misty and Ash had to battle this un-official gym leader, and I remember one of their battles was super short compared to the other.

11. Red and Blue

Unless the new games introduce something completely different, I'm not sure what else the new Pokegirl could do. If there isn't anything else, then the writers will just do another recycled, dull anime exclusive goal like preforming.

If you just cut back on fillers, you'll have plenty of time for the Pokegirl and Ash to have battles. That way, we have both a traveling companion and a rival

12. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

Yeah they really need to cut back on all these fillers especially those overused getting lost with Team Rocket ones.
    I think they should give her a battling in tournaments kind of goal.

13. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Hmmm well I want the next Pokegirl to be more like Dawn in terms of focus and I want her to be almost like a co-star as well, not just a typical sidekick.

14. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

It's way too early to tell. We don't even know what the girl from Sun and Moon looks like yet. I won't get heavy into a goal because I don't know what's coming. Things I'll want is for her goal to get introduced early. If she enters the anime with a goal already in mind then bonus points. I don't want another "discover" your dream thing this close to XY and I never want it to take 40 episodes of a drought for it to happen again either. And please no shipping subplot. I hope she battles. Crossing my fingers her goal involves battles whatever it is.

15. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

They certainly shouldn't have two companions who both want gym badges, but at least one companions shouldn't have a vague goal like Iris' or Misty's, they should be after something specific like the Grand Festival but not straightforward battling. It doesn't have to be contests, personally I like the idea of a pokemon racer like Lara Laramie (but with different kinds of races like hurdles, sky and sea races, etc.) or someone trying to do something like the pokethalon, but two protagonists should have a defined goal.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  16. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Neither will happen. Besides the show needs fresh meat every few years and not just the same cast all the time.

17. OfCorsola

Like I mentioned on a different thread, Misty and Brock traveled over a region, so I don't see why Serena can't do the same. It's getting annoying how they feel the need to change up the characters all the time. It makes Team Rocket seem like they overstayed their welcome.

18. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

In Misty's case that was different in Johto at least since Johto didn't have a girl from the games that could be adapted in the show as a replacement until a year after Johto began.

19. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko SWSH IS HEEEEERE!!!

I'd love it to death if it happened, because another energetic League-bound girl, preferably one that has the same dream as Ash, would be the first step to a real-life Othelloshipping! All we would need is for them to bond well through it and have fun like never before and we've got the perfect Ash shipping! :D <3<3<3

In all seriousness though, it would never happen imo.

20. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

All of my yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.