• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you want the next PokeGirl to be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
True. Dawn didn't take losing well and lead to good development, but Dawn wasn't exactly a sore loser, maybe once during Hearthome but she grew out of it. I'm talking a girl that hates losing and refuses to accept that there are those stronger then her. I want a stubborn sore loser like that. She could be fun. Like have her be sour until she gets her revenge/justice.

Interesting enough, Dawn already knew what her goal was from the start. I think Iris and Misty were the same same as well, and May wasn't so bad about it, it was only Serena who took a very long time. But it's over now and she's setting out great so far.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Instead of a sore loser, how about we have one that fears losing? We haven't had a character motivated by true fear as a primary flaw before.

I'd be down with that too. Anything different. Ironically again, Dawn had a small period of fearing a lose during the first losing streak. But it wasn't as how you described which I'd be cool to see. I just want a new approach to the female sidekick when we get our new one.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Pokémon game production has increased in speed in the past few years. Ash's Hoenn and Sinnoh journeys took up to 4 years to accomplish, while his Unova journey and most-likely his Kalos journey are going to take 3 years instead. I assume Sun & Moon is not going to be any different.
With that in mind, here's what I am hoping for the next main cast girl:

- She has a goal in mind or has already started to work on achieving that goal right from the start of the new series. Have her meet with Ash quickly and work on fleshing out that goal as soon as possible. If her goal is not battling Gym Leaders and making it to the League, have her goal involve Pokémon battling of some sort. I want her to be able to battle against good opponents, have intense battles that do not rely on luck or clutch Pokémon moments (evolution/new move). Pokémon Coordinator ? Then so be it. I love Contests, and I would love it even more if she had a style different from May's and Dawn's.
- Let her have 4 to 6 Pokémon and let them all have a good share of screen time.
- I want her rival to be compelling and interesting. Drew/Harley and Zoey all were amazing and unique rivals: I am hoping to see a rival who leaves me with a similar impression.
- Give her a proper amount of focus and don't make her character and her goal feel rushed.

I think Dawn was an amazing main cast girl for the reasons above. I also agree with many when I say I think Dawn was the best of the bunch. She had a lot of episodes that involved mostly her working on being better and her interactions with the group, as well as her rivals, were great. Now if they could pull off a Dawn with the runtime cut by 1 year, I would be sold.

Last edited:

Nyrene

is Hungry
What you are looking for in the next girl, Mrs. Oreo, appeals to me too!

I'd really like the new girl to more involved in battles, I liked how May actually became a good trainer, even Dawn! But I didn't like when May's Blaziken and Ash's Sceptile battled and it was a tie. I thought it was dumb, especially since May had the type advantage. I get sceptile may have been higher leveled, but still. With that being said, I'd a girl who is just strong, not whiny or too humble, but just really cool and confident. I like the idea of her fearing loss, or even getting angry, but not too the extent where she is just very negative and unlikable.

I'd love if she battled Ash and won.

I'd also love for her to tease Ash like Misty did. Ash is kinda too nice now imo, i'm used to the old Ash. I get character development, but he kind of bores me now. I love the idea of the new pushing Ash's buttons sometimes and bringing out the old Ash. I know Iris would call him a kid, but oh gosh she annoyed me so much!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What you are looking for in the next girl, Mrs. Oreo, appeals to me too!

I'd really like the new girl to more involved in battles, I liked how May actually became a good trainer, even Dawn! But I didn't like when May's Blaziken and Ash's Sceptile battled and it was a tie. I thought it was dumb, especially since May had the type advantage. I get sceptile may have been higher leveled, but still. With that being said, I'd a girl who is just strong, not whiny or too humble, but just really cool and confident. I like the idea of her fearing loss, or even getting angry, but not too the extent where she is just very negative and unlikable.

I'd love if she battled Ash and won.

I'd also love for her to tease Ash like Misty did. Ash is kinda too nice now imo, i'm used to the old Ash. I get character development, but he kind of bores me now. I love the idea of the new pushing Ash's buttons sometimes and bringing out the old Ash. I know Iris would call him a kid, but oh gosh she annoyed me so much!
I'd like this too. I'd like it if she did gyms and maybe occasionally challenged Ash as training for the next gym. I'd like for her to be older too and to call out Ash occasionally on some things about his battling style and stuff.

Nyrene

is Hungry
I'd like this too. I'd like it if she did gyms and maybe occasionally challenged Ash as training for the next gym. I'd like for her to be older too and to call out Ash occasionally on some things about his battling style and stuff.

I like that! Yes, she could help in that way, and I love the idea of her calling him out and giving tips!

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Perhaps her goal should be to stop the evil team and have that be the Gen 7 girl's main goal. She could have a past with the team, either being a former member before seeing how evil they were, or having been kidnapped by them when she was young, with her recently having escaped them. She would train hard, maybe taking on Gyms and doing Contest-like competitions as well, not so much for their badges or ribbons, but as a benchmark and measuring stick to see how she stacks up against some of the good battlers and so she and her Pokémon can learn alternate forms of battling. She could fear losing since if she loses, that means that someone could be better than her and that person could potentially work for the evil team or be seduced by them so she must be the absolute strongest Trainer of all so she can beat the evil team regardless of what they throw at her be it a Level 1 Magicarp or a Super Legendary Pokémon that could give Arceus or Mega Mewtwo a run for their money.. She would also be hesitant to accept help at first, possibly due to the fear of betrayal, maybe have a betrayal be part of her past, but she gets over it after traveling with Ash a bit and she eventually opens up to him about her past and her goals.

Nyrene

is Hungry
Perhaps her goal should be to stop the evil team and have that be the Gen 7 girl's main goal. She could have a past with the team, either being a former member before seeing how evil they were, or having been kidnapped by them when she was young, with her recently having escaped them. She would train hard, maybe taking on Gyms and doing Contest-like competitions as well, not so much for their badges or ribbons, but as a benchmark and measuring stick to see how she stacks up against some of the good battlers and so she and her Pokémon can learn alternate forms of battling. She could fear losing since if she loses, that means that someone could be better than her and that person could potentially work for the evil team or be seduced by them so she must be the absolute strongest Trainer of all so she can beat the evil team regardless of what they throw at her be it a Level 1 Magicarp or a Super Legendary Pokémon that could give Arceus or Mega Mewtwo a run for their money.. She would also be hesitant to accept help at first, possibly due to the fear of betrayal, maybe have a betrayal be part of her past, but she gets over it after traveling with Ash a bit and she eventually opens up to him about her past and her goals.

YOOOOOOO THIS WOULD BE SICK! Love it very much, truly! This would be amazing if they did this, but it sounds too cool for the writers to actually do. Pokemon now is kinda held back and silly imo. They need to up their game.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Most of us think that Serena will still travel with Ash because we AmourShipping keep alive & might be showcase in the Region.

I wish this could be the case, but I'm sure she'll have to leave when XYZ ends cuz the writing staff will want a new girl companion who will serve as promo for Sun and Moon. ^^;

Everlasting

Everything stays.

A very interesting idea indeed. Have a strong but noticingly flawed female character who's character development is noticeable as episodes go would be too good to be true. It's a rather dark backstory you've got here that could've been pulled off in the Diamond & Pearl era but could always be possible if Sun & Moon were to have a more serious plotline.

If having a girl participate in the Region League is too much for the writers, they could always have her participate in Gym Battles (maybe not all of them) and make her final faceoff against the evil team before the League, which would explain why there would be no need for her to enter (if she were to get all eight badges). That'd be definitely an awesome thing to do.

It's kind of a temporary goal. And you know what would be sweet ? Once she has dealt with the evil team, she could stay in her native region as Ash moved forward to pursue her personal dream. Have her demonstrate an original interest here and there as the series progresses that she would want to work on now that the evil team doesn't haunt her anymore (she enjoys drawing and she's really good at it/she enjoys taking care of plants or growing berries/she is a natural at singing or dancing). It would be a beautiful way to tell her goodbye, as she would finally be able to rest and do something that does not involve fighting her demons (deep down she is just a girl broken by her fear of the evil team that only wants inner peace). At the end of her journey, because of Ash and the other companion's influence, she would be a lot more optimistic, she would smile more and she would be a lot more open to making friendships and letting people help her out.

Last edited:

Supersonicbro

I really like this idea. I would rather see a more personal goal than a physical one like winning a contest. That way it is pretty much guaranteed that she will have development.

A few other ideas close to this one could be her trying to find something or someone close to her and a journey through the region would be the best way to accomplish that and that's why she joins ash.

Nyrene

is Hungry
I am curious to see what she will look like. I can't explain why, but hearing the titles Moon and Sun give off a serene and/or mystical vibe. I wonder if she will be mature and have a calm personality.
Tho I shouldn't really base her personality off the titles, but I can't help but feel that way.

I wonder how she will meet Ash and what her reason for travel should be!

I think it would be cool if she were a thief/ con artist and she tries to trick or steal from Ash and they could meet like that? A reason to stick around could be like Supersonic says, to find someone or something she lost? hm...

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Expanding a bit on my previous post, maybe during her travels, at first, the girl wants to stop the evil team because of what they did to her, but as her journey continues, the reasons for her goal begin to change a bit so they're not so self-centered. She begins to want to stop the evil team so that no one else goes through what she did. This comes to a head once the evil team is stopped and for a bit, she tries to find another goal, but eventually realizes that her passion is helping and protecting people. She won't be like Blaziken Mask, but maybe she could become a private detective of some sort, continuing to follow Ash because he has a knack for finding trouble and being able to solve it. Maybe at the end of the series, she meets Looker and apprentices with him with the ultimate goal of eventually becoming a member of the International Police Force when she's old enough.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I think it would be cool if she were a thief/ con artist and she tries to trick or steal from Ash and they could meet like that? .

So she'd be Blue/Green from the manga. Okay. I can handle that.

Last edited:

Nyrene

is Hungry
So she'd be Blue/Green from the manga. Okay. I can handle that.

Haha, yeah I guess so! I liked her, so I'm down with that XD

At the end of the day, I just don't want a boring girl who is too kind and giggles at everything.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3

Now that would be something very exciting to watch!Maybe Team Rocket is the evil Team which had kidnapped her once but she somewhat managed to free herself.Suppose Jessie,James and Meowth don't know anything about that girl and her association with Team Rocket.Everytime they would try to steal Pikachu,she will have a weird expression on her face,probably scared from them.After some episodes she would realize that TRio doesn't know anything about her.But still she has the fear inside and everytime she would encounter Jessie and James,her behavior would change because of her fear.This would make Ash suspicious and would ask her about her past but she would not disclose.Then after two or three seasons Giovanni would order TRio to stop following Pikachu and find a girl that the team Rocket organization was searching for,which comes out to be that gen 7 girl.When TRio would know about this,they would try to kidnapp her.Then she would disclose about her past to Ash and he would try to solve things out. :)

Red and Blue

Having a recurring con artist in the new region sounds interesting but I'm not sure if it would work for the new Pokegirl. Ash would constantly have to be on guard, less the new girl steal his belongings/Pokemon.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ash would constantly have to be on guard, less the new girl steal his belongings/Pokemon.

Nah, just have her steal his belt every time she appears. That will give the kids a laugh and the shippers some fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.