• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you want the next PokeGirl to be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

I don't think replacing Ash with May would have been ideal, but it would have been the most ideal time out of any other. He had a fairly fleshed out arc, something of a protege to fill his shoes, and hadn't solidified himself TOO much into the series just yet that people couldn't fathom him being replaced (after Misty and Brock were proved dispensable, it might even have been expected at that point). It wasn't necessarily the best idea, but if they had wanted to take that direction, then I feel that would have been the best time. Now I just don't see it transitioning well. Another Pokemon project with a different protagonist sure, they proved that, but the main anime, I think Ash is too established into it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That's not going to happen, especially not a girl replacing him. The show needs a relatable protagonist for boys, so the showrunners would never choose a girl for that.

Well I certainly don't expect Ash to leave when the next saga begins cuz he's such a popular character and kind of iconic in his own way. But still, I hope the new girl has a kind of co-star role similar to Dawn that would allow her to do much more than Iris and Serena did in the last two sagas. :3

Nyter

Island Challenger
I could see Ash having like a little cousin or fan wanting to start her journey and let Pikachu go with her. Or maybe have another Pikachu with a new protagonist. I think Pikachu is more popular than Ash so I can see the show survive without Ash but not Pikachu.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
A co-star role would be nice like the one Dawn had.

Nyter

Island Challenger
A co-star role would be nice like the one Dawn had.

Well isn't Serena a co-star too?

I think they should have a female rival against Ahs, and one we follow around from time to time as well as to develop character sympathy and have us root for someone other than Ash.

DatsRight

I think they should have a female rival against Ahs, and one we follow around from time to time as well as to develop character sympathy and have us root for someone other than Ash.

The original point of the anime was for the audience to find the rivals and TR more rootable and interesting than Ash. Truthfully I think BW and XY downplayed them because they wanted you to cheer for the heroes for once.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion

Well the difference between Dawn and Serena was how active Dawn was in the journey from start to end. Also little things like the high touch duet, The fact that Dawn was mentioned in the opening summarys something that was only exclusive to Ash. where as Serena only became relevant after she got her goal and even then she had to compete with the amount of focus they give to Ash's pokemon, and gym battles.

As for a female rival I think that would be great especially if she is given alot of focus like Paul

Nyter

Island Challenger
Well the difference between Dawn and Serena was how active Dawn was in the journey from start to end. Also little things like the high touch duet, The fact that Dawn was mentioned in the opening summarys something that was only exclusive to Ash. where as Serena only became relevant after she got her goal and even then she had to compete with the amount of focus they give to Ash's pokemon, and gym battles.

As for a female rival I think that would be great especially if she is given alot of focus like Paul

I see your point. Dawn was a more active trainer than Serena is. She had a full roster as well.

They need to amp Serena to THAT status. So much potential that she has.

I hope they emphasize more on the next "Pokegirl"

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I see your point. Dawn was a more active trainer than Serena is. She had a full roster as well.

They need to amp Serena to THAT status. So much potential that she has.

I hope they emphasize more on the next "Pokegirl"

its kind of too late for Serena to amp to that status since she is done with her goal for now plus all the focus is going to be on Ash, his pokemon, team flare and the league

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan

Serena is a co-star too.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Serena a co-star? She's a sidekick who barely squeaked out a story. Nothing really co-starish about her. I don't think there will ever be a girl that gets Dawn level screentime again, but hopefully the next one can get May level screentime, which is also really good. XY could really have thrived with a girl with May level focus.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Serena a co-star? She's a sidekick who barely squeaked out a story. Nothing really co-starish about her. I don't think there will ever be a girl that gets Dawn level screentime again, but hopefully the next one can get May level screentime, which is also really good. XY could really have thrived with a girl with May level focus.

I think Bonnie was the closest female to getting May level of screentime in XY

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I would like to add that for the new girl I'd like to see her get the level of screentime the Dawn got during her run through DP.

Appearance: As for what she was to look like I'd like to see her have I know I would enjoy her to have long dark color hair. The length that Dawn or Serena had before she cut her hair but I wouldn't want her to wear any sort of hat upon her head. Why you might ask because I find that a girl looks better without one like some girls in anime that I've seen before. The color of her eyes I would love to see the color violet I've always had a thing for violet colored eyes and would think they would look great on her. As for what I'd like to see the girl wear if you were to ask me. I would go with a white skirt with some black thigh highs would be very nice she'd have a touch of a feminine side as she'd want to look nice but isn't someone who would flip out if she got dirty.

Personality: As for how I'd like her to act I would like to see her acting nice I wouldn't want to see her being a snob. Or someone who looks down on others like Iris always seemed to go as I said she'd have a bit of a feminine side. Which would cause her to worry about her appearance sometimes but not often enough where she would go crazy. I'd like to see her get along with Ash and whoever else were to be traveling with them both.

Goal: I would like to see her as a rival to Ash someone who would also challenge gyms along with him. Who at first, wouldn't be very good since she would be a new trainer but over the course of the season. She would get better and better she would battle Ash from time to time and other trainers she would also seek advice from Ash would. Be like her teacher and mentor throughout the season I would also like to see her go through a minor bout of depression. Say she suffered a horrible loss at either gym battle or a battle against a rival trainer. I would like to see just how well she was to handle this situation what would she do, how would she act to those around her etc.

Pokemon: As for her starter Pokemon I would love to see her with a dark type like Umbreon or if the new starter Pokemon was a dark type.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't really care what kind of personality gen 7 Girl has as long as she has a very active role and battles alot. I also want her to have a battling focused goal where she wins something like badges and enters some kind of final tournament or something. I also want her to have a couple of antagonistic, nasty rivals and to play off of them well with their character interactions. Also Jessie shouldn't even be her rival or involved in her goal in any way.

Soniman

Break the Limit

IDK man, at the height of her career Serena was getting just as much if not more character focused episodes than Ash, I'd hardly call it "barely squeaked out" myself. How much honest to God focus did Ash really get outside of Gym battles?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I don't really care what kind of personality gen 7 Girl has as long as she has a very active role and battles alot. I also want her to have a battling focused goal where she wins something like badges and enters some kind of final tournament or something. I also want her to have a couple of antagonistic, nasty rivals and to play off of them well with their character interactions. Also Jessie shouldn't even be her rival or involved in her goal in any way.

This and all this...though I must admit I have a rather specific molding in mind for her personality. XD Also, regarding the nasty rivals, while she should be able to fight her own battles, Ash should be there and have her back whenever she needs it.

knightwolf09

I want a female companion that also wants to participate in the league. That way both her and Ash can train off each other and get stronger, eventually facing off in the league as rivals. It'd be a nice change of pace from having the female companion have particularly similar (yet somewhat girly) goal.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I want a female companion that also wants to participate in the league. That way both her and Ash can train off each other and get stronger, eventually facing off in the league as rivals. It'd be a nice change of pace from having the female companion have particularly similar (yet somewhat girly) goal.

That's ideally what I'd want to see too. Ash and her would have the best times of their lives and they would probably therefore make the perfect couple <3<3<3

I have no hopes though it would ever happen because all those gym battles and stuff would probably become redundant :(

Status
Not open for further replies.