• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you want the next PokeGirl to be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I still think that destroying the evil team directly would be a good goal for the new girl. It could even give her opportunities to try things out and, if character customization returns, allow her to try on different outfits and hairstyles since she may use espionage and infiltration to accomplish her goals, as well as battling the evil team directly. It would also force the animé to have more of a storyline focus and, if the evil team is done correctly, still give the animé the chance to advertise the region's Pokémon by having the evil team use them rather than mere characters of the day.

So something happens to the new girl which is bad that leads her to want to destroy the evil team. I can see this working out, plus it would be nice to see her try on different outfits as will with what you've already put down.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I have a couple of ideas:

1. a tomboy on a quest to obtain the badges so that we can see what its like having two protagonists with more or less the same goal.

2. a girl, whose the youngest child in her family, with confidence issues due to the fact her older sibling(s) seem to be so good at everything when she is not and thus is trying to find a purpose in life.

3. Someone who is secretly working for the main antagonist, but slowly turns good whilst hanging out with Ash and friends (so basically a younger, gender flipped version of N)

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I have a couple of ideas:

1. a tomboy on a quest to obtain the badges so that we can see what its like having two protagonists with more or less the same goal.

2. a girl, whose the youngest child in her family, with confidence issues due to the fact her older sibling(s) seem to be so good at everything when she is not and thus is trying to find a purpose in life.

3. Someone who is secretly working for the main antagonist, but slowly turns good whilst hanging out with Ash and friends (so basically a younger, gender flipped version of N)

Ideas 2 and 3 would be nice to see.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I am sorry but I am calling it... Serena is coming along to the Alola region with Ash. I see the reasoning, the motive, etc.

Nyter

Island Challenger
So if Serena does stay what happens to her goal?

Most likely another set of showcases that she will follow.
Serena has had so much of her character invested in, being that of figuring out her dreams, her past with Ash and her crush on him, etc.
Because Sun and Moon hints at having customizable characters, just like in X and Y, I already see Serena still playing her fashionista role in the next generation series.
I do also believe she will undergo yet ANOTHER appearance change.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Most likely another set of showcases that she will follow.
Serena has had so much of her character invested in, being that of figuring out her dreams, her past with Ash and her crush on him, etc.
Because Sun and Moon hints at having customizable characters, just like in X and Y, I already see Serena still playing her fashionista role in the next generation series.
I do also believe she will undergo yet ANOTHER appearance change.

But what about yashio? i thought she was going to be her apprentice. Plus i dont really see how showcases would work in this region since she only needs 3 keys so they can either do it quick like they did in XY or stretch it out by having her lose alot which both of those ideas would be bad for her character.

Gillachu

Banned

I don't even want a rookie chick in the cast when we can just have someone with a bit more experience like we saw with Iris.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I am sorry but I am calling it... Serena is coming along to the Alola region with Ash. I see the reasoning, the motive, etc.
Enlighten us then

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

I think we are more likely getting a new companion because it is what keeps the cast fresh. Plus there is no guarantee that she is staying. She could go off on her own to achieve her goal. I want the new Pokegirl to be fun, interesting and makes the others laugh with her sense of humor.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Enlighten us then

To begin with, Serena has a major crush on Ash and it is enough for her to follow Ash almost anywhere she goes. I mean come on, all she ever knew was Vaniville Town and she sees Ash on TV, and decides to go on a journey to look for him. I see more of a reason for her to stick around with Ash than for her not to.

Also, I believe showcases were definitely developed in the middle of their journey because the writers created it along the way to give Serena something to do. I can def. see another one being stretched out for the next showcase in the Alola Region.

The next Pokegirl is still Serena.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
That is not confirmed. That crush means nothing and she is focusing on her goal to become Kalos Queen or winning any other of those competitions that she has been in. It is time for a fresh new companion who brings laughter to the group and is fun.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
To begin with, Serena has a major crush on Ash and it is enough for her to follow Ash almost anywhere she goes. I mean come on, all she ever knew was Vaniville Town and she sees Ash on TV, and decides to go on a journey to look for him. I see more of a reason for her to stick around with Ash than for her not to.
Nope. I'm not even a fan of it but Pokeshipping had far much more of a base to stand on than what Amour has offered up and yet Misty got binned. The writer's priority for Sun & Moon is to promote the new region. Serena doesn't do that and her one sided crush isn't going to save her from the ax.
Also, I believe showcases were definitely developed in the middle of their journey because the writers created it along the way to give Serena something to do. I can def. see another one being stretched out for the next showcase in the Alola Region.
Because Showcases were so well received amirite? Not to mention the grand goal is Kalos Queen. Not Alola Queen, but Kalos Queen. Palermo's presence basically guarantees Serena is going to be left behind in Kalos. And even if they decided to drag them into the next region then they'd just get the new female lead to do them God forbid. Otherwise why did they not use May for Contests in DP when she already had the pas experience in them?
I too can make speculative statements sound like absolutes yet that still confirms nothing.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

I am liking Serena too, mostly because of her character and episodes and I also like Amour, but why the hell she should travel through another region with Ash if she doesn't promote anything? Her character development and goal is done. A cameo for some months? Why not, but her being the next female lead is very unlikely, especially if the girl from the trailer is indeed younger making the selection of the female lead no problem.

Red and Blue

I'm amazed some people are going to drop the anime over a pairing. When was romance the sole focus of Pokemon?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I am liking Serena too, mostly because of her character and episodes and I also like Amour, but why the hell she should travel through another region with Ash if she doesn't promote anything? Her character development and goal is done. A cameo for some months? Why not, but her being the next female lead is very unlikely, especially if the girl from the trailer is indeed younger making the selection of the female lead no problem.
I agree with this. Serena is done after XY/Z.

I'm amazed some people are going to drop the anime over a pairing. When was romance the sole focus of Pokemon?

Its confusing to me as well since Pokemon isn't a show that focuses on romance.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Serena was great and all (my second fav female to date), but her time is coming to a close. In fact, I'm so confident that she will leave and that therefore Amour will fall apart and die that I'm willing to bet my ability to still go to school on it.

It's been a big focus for me this generation, but not because I have any hopes for it to become canon. I don't even want it too anymore. It's just because I'm a sucker for the gag overall and I know that shipping overall is taken quite seriously.

Now to get my post more on topic, I don't mind if there is no shipping subplot tied to the new girl, but I hope she has a personality and interests that make her, in my eyes, suitable for Ash.

Dragon Pulse

It isn't always about the pairing, but it can be about the character. Many people hate Serena, but I love how passionate and understanding she is. Her character actually makes me excited to watch the new episodes every Thursday. I've never been so excited for anime episodes for a long time. A lot of people state that she is just a love interest for Ash and that's it. I disagree. I admit she wasn't as fleshed out as the past girl companions, although however, the way she tries to achieve her goal thrills me. I've read some things online about how she doesn't "truly care about her Pokémon" and that she is simply a Pokémon Trainer for Ash's benefit and to get his attention. She isn't to me. I don't want the conclusion of the XY series to mark the end of Serena. If she comes along to Alola with Ash, it might give her a chance to shine again and develop deeper into her character.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
What would a good new goal for the new girl be if she wasn't doing contests or going after gym badges?

Hmmm, I dunno. I mean Sun and Moon will likely introduce some new side quest, so I'm guessing the next girl's goal might be based on that. Hopefully whatever it is involves some form of battling. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.