• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you watch the Pokémon anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
How do you watch the Pokémon anime?

I personally don't enjoy watching the anime all the way through. I still think the Pokémon anime general is a good show, however I feel like there are so many episodes that it's hard for me to watch it all the way through especially because there are other shows I want to watch too.

The way I watch the anime is that I find episodes with Pokémon I like or episodes that look interesting to me and watch those instead of watching every episode in order. I actually think the anime is very enjoyable that way. At one point I was not enjoying watching every episode in order but I enjoy only watching certain episodes.

While I'm not motivated to watch every episode, I still watch all of the movies mainly because of legendary Pokémon and more involved plots. I really like all the movies even though they aren't the best movies in the world.

How do you watch the anime? Do you watch the entire series or just certain episodes?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I only watch certain episodes these days, mostly the episodes that focus on Serena.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I usually watch the movies and read about the episodes online. However, on rare occasions I would watch an episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I watch almost everything.
I skipped the Iris special though as it never got dubbed and I can't stand her so I wasn't about to watch something with only her in it. That's like the only thing I never watched aside from Pikachu shorts.

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
I've been watching the anime with english subs sense midway through BW.
Besides that seeing how long it takes for some of the episodes to get dubbed, there is enough time for me to read over discussions on these forums to tell whether or not the episode is filler or not.
And after that I skip the filler episodes and make sure to only watch the important episodes.

YourLieinEevee

I watch them raw when they air, then again when they air on CN dubbed, if I don't sleep through the 7am timeslot. Geez. I've seen every episode and film. I pretty much watch for Team Rocket. If they left the show I would stop watching.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I watch it without regard to how they handle the story for the most part. I'm more interested in the characters and how they interact and do things.

Pokemonfan358

i watch it oline when the japense version airs. then i whatc it on cartoon network when the dub or mivie airs. if i mis a dub episode on go n kissanime or youtube to whatch it. im not worried about missing okemon at 7 o clock sinse i get up for school at 6:30 just like on saturday.

TRAPPITY___TRAPPITY

I don't even... ^_^
I let it stack up for about a year or a half of a year, and then watch it all in a week.

Now, I'm actually from back in the day of the VCR and VHS tapes, so I used to get up at seven in the morning and record it. Now technology has advanced, so that is no longer necessary.

I watch it online but I cherry pick episodes. I hadn't seen it on TV much in my country since the original series apart from a couple of Advanced Generation ones.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
I've regularly watched the series, since it premiered here in the States. Haven't missed a single episode. I record them on tv and usually will watch it before the new episode airs. I also watch all the movies, when they premiere, except Hoopa, but I caught it on Netflix. Some episodes, I pay more attention to than others, mainly the gym battles and contests/showcase.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've been trying to watch everything that is readily available, online or otherwise regardless if they were dubbed or not. I've made it a habit since 2013 to watch each new movie that comes out that year, helped from the fact the dub comes out a few months after the Japanese theatrical release, and I've been playing "catch up" on the main series since that same year. It's slow, but it's Pokémon, I'm in no hurry to "catch up"; I've been in the middle of "re"-watching (in quotations because I never saw the Battle Frontier) Advanced Generation since last February, and I'm currently half-way through it. I'm one of those who likes to watch every single episode, so I haven't been skipping episodes as much as I'm tempted to at times when the episode I'm watching gets dull. I typically like to watch an episode or two while I'm eating lunch, which seems to be my habit since the first season, but I've had instances where I get a strong urge to watch more, and so I watch a good handful until I need a break, or I watch up to a certain point that I was looking forward to, using Bulbapedia as my guide.

As to what keeps me going at times, it's Team Rocket, although sometimes it's also to see how much Ash is different from when he first started out during the Indigo season, and I do like his Hoenn team. Since Advanced, I've been keeping an eye out for the Contest episodes, as I do enjoy those, and I like May as a character. Max tends to hurt a lot of episodes for me, however, which is sad because I do like the idea of a pair of siblings together on a journey, it's just that Max isn't all too great as a character, although it could also just be his voice actress being grating at times.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I watch them the day they come out Raw online,
if they have a lot of talking (which I don't understand japanese),
I'll rewatch them in a week or two whenever the sub comes out.
If I like it enough I'll watch the dub version too.

That way I'm always caught up in time for the serebii discussion, which is always fun with so much speculation.

Haunter ゴースト

I've kept up with the show so it's not a chore to watch it, also the XY series is genuinely really good so it's even better to watch.

I stopped watching at the end of AG and restarted at the end of DP, so i only had to catch up with the DP series which didn't take too long.

phanpycross

God-king
I usually make one or two posts about things that sucked, before watching the raw version, understanding nothing, and then continuing to complain.

Janovy

Banned
I usually make one or two posts about things that sucked, before watching the raw version, understanding nothing, and then continuing to complain.
So pretty much like 90% of this fandom?

Red Pheonix

I didn't care much for the anime untill XY aired. I only used to watch dub. Then I started subs. If it's a really important episode I watch it raw. I ask around the parts I don't understand. I rewatch the episode if it is subbed or dubbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.