• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How do you watch the Pokémon anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've been catching up with the latest episodes of X&Y thanks to the power of the internet.

Just certain episodes. I can't watch an entire series; I don't have the patience for that. Lately it has only been when a friend told me to watch.

Sprinter1988

I check on Serebii. If something actually happens I'll try and watch the episode at some point. If its just filler then I just don't care enough to watch it.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I watch the xy&z on tv and some of the newer episodes here and there if I like them at all.

Rentorar

Trainer for 20 years
I hate the dub with a passion and no offence to anyone who likes it I hope...But anyway, I watch the fansubs by PocketMonsters Fansubs. There are no legal ways to access the Japanese version with English subtitles because Nintendo refuses to make it accessible. It is a big disappointment. I used to enjoy the dub but when I realized what I was missing out on, and how the story of the anime was rewritten to something that never happened in the original I started watching fansubs..I was upset at how literally everything was changed when 4kids was in control of the dub. Especially how they had Satoshi say that he was going back for Pidgeot after they got the GS ball. Which never happened in the Japanese version. I'm not sure now much was edited in the TPCi dub. I don't even watch it because of how unbearable it is for me.

Vroomer

I pass on the anime. Only the ones focused on Pokemon with no humans are the best. Sadly, those are waaaaay to few.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I used to watch the anime a lot when it was on TV until the DP series ended. I watched a few BW episodes but didn't enjoy them at all so stopped watching. I now only really watch reruns of old episodes that I can find online, usually the ones that have my favourite characters in them or one I just feel like watching.

STICKTOPIA

I used to watch all the episodes but nearing the end of unova I kinda only started watching episodes that sparked my interest. There's so many kalos episodes I haven't watched it's not even a joke

Soniman

Break the Limit
Watch the raw then sub eventually, don't care about the dub anymore. I keep up obsessively, im heavily invested in this show then I care to admit lol

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I watch the original Japanese episodes unsubbed at first within days of the premiere, then the subbed version. Since I understand some Japanese, I can usually figure out the gist of what's going on however even with no subtitles. :]

Mokepon22

I check the screenshots posted on the main page and if anything of interest is in then I'll watch and depending on how interested I am I'll either watch right now or wait on subs. So with the previews of the Kalos league and the epic battles then those I'll def watch right away but story pieces like Zygarde's background I can wait for. I do watch all the movies though

Really wasn't a fan of the anime, only watched to see how they showcase certain Pokemon

Hauteclaire

I watch every single episode RAW (when they air), same goes to specials and movies. I skip some dubbed episodes or fillers that focuses on (for example) Serena\Citron\Eureka.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
The Pokemon Anime hasn't been worth watching all episodes since OS(Kanto-Orange Islands),ever since Johto season started the COTD/Filler episodes have become bland and boring to the point where I would skip almost every episode to get to the gym battles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I own several DVD's of the Japanese episodes, so I watch those. I'm currently watching the Houen saga since I never saw the whole thing before.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Since about 3 summers ago I been watching the anime from Season 1 to now (when I have the time). I am almost caught up since I am in the Kalos Saga. However, I have gotten tired of watching the pointless episodes. So I just watch the episodes that have a main battle, a new Pokemon caught, a Pokemon in it that I like, or one that seems interesting. Other than that, I skip it.

Once I am fully caught up (in the dub). I will probably just watch the raw/sub until the dub comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.