• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How does Doduo and Dodrio fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelostpokemon

Sorry if this was already a topic, but I searched around and didn't see it.
The question came to me a littlewhile back when I was playing LG
So everyone, how do you think Doduo and Dodrio fly?
They have such small wings (if any at all) so how could they take off?

In my opinion, i don't think they fly, i just think they run very fast to escape predators :D

Devout

Nincada Trainer
Emu or Ostrich based birds.

CAH

Calm And Hyper
I suprised some smartass hasn't replied and said "It's a game so it doesn't have to make sense", although I'm glad because people like that ruin discussions.
I reckon people are right it likely just jumps, (even though the sprite shows a bird flying off and in stadium its just hovering in the air)
I guess its one of the mysteries of pokemon just like Diglett's feet, what's under Cubone's skull etc.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
Magic, magic, and more magic.

CAH

Calm And Hyper
What this thread needs some more people who say they jump.

Because really, you can't hear that enough.

They jump!

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
They are based on flightless birds, and the dexes say they can't fly.
So the fact that they can learn fly is completely contradictory, and its just GF being stupid. So in conclusion, they can't actually fly.

Tyridium

COD fan
it basically is the human equivalent of a jump pack, they jump around with extreme power, that is how they run so fast, they bound with power.

Bobblefighter

Relic Owner
Just like how you see them fly in Pokemon Stadium. They peck at you, and float gracefully in the air. Even though they are based on the order of birds that are flightless, the ratites, which include kiwi birds, emus, cassowaries and ostriches, they seem to be able to generate massive air currents under their wings, and lift their bodies with that. That, or they jump, and stick it to gravity. Take that laws of physics!

Walking Contradiction

Feed Us a Fetus
long thing short: they can't fly. they have the flying type because they are birds and they can get STAB from moves like drill peck.

BTW, i bet the developers didn't think about doduo and dodrio's typing for more than a few seconds. quite frankly, neither should we.

They have super powers. They run so fast that they hover up in the sky.

Dattebayo

Banned
I believe they have the ability to jump really high as if they were flying, as told from previous posts, or perhaps it has a magic feather (Dumbo ftw) in their feather tail.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
If the Japanese name for Fly is Sky Jump, why can't Blaziken learn it then?

I think Doduo/Dodrio can fly by either jumping high enough or using concealed wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.