• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How does Doduo and Dodrio fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megacool8

ZOMG A COOKIE!!
it farts... its brown because it eats 15 pounds of baked beans a day.... duh.....

PokeRemixStudio

If they don't have wings...

If they don't have wings...
I guess they fly (float?) by making inflating themselves with lightweight gas, as if they were balloons.
Or perhaps with telekinesis? They do have multiple brains.

Venomothim

roflolmaomg2g
If you played stadium, colosseum/XD, or battle revolution, you'd know that they just run on the air, its actually kind of funny.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I wondered when this would pop up. Strange though. Perhaps they fart and use the gas to Fly. Yes that is it. Because I am awesome!!!!!!!!

Terry_555

Gyarados, Hoppip family, Gligar family, Mantine family, the Bug/Flying types and Skymin can't learn Fly.

Gligar can't fly cuz its still has lots of baby fat but when it grows up to Gliscor it can fly!

ON TOPIC: Doduo and Dodrio have many ways of flying, the either jump really high, the use psychic powe wih their 2/3 brains, they have secrt big Fearow wings hidden only for transport, h run really fast then jump the correct direction, OR they just stick the heads out and spinlike a proppeller.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Aku: You can fly?!
Jack: No. Jump good!
-Samurai Jack

I've always interpreted it as this.
They can't fly, but instead just "jump good".....jump really, really good.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
"Dodrio, a three-headed Bird Pokémon that can run faster than it can fly. Its three heads represent joy, sorrow and anger."
- From Ash's Pokedex, E033

In other words, it can fly, but it moves faster on land.

How it flies with no wings... well, I don't know. Maybe the feathers on its tail have something to do with it.

I do know that Dodrio wouldn't be using Psychic powers. Why? Because it can't use Psychic-type moves, and if it used Psychic powers to jump, it would be able to use Psychic-type moves. This is barring Agility and Rest, two Psychic-type moves that almost all Pokemon can use. Since most Pokemon can use them and not all of those Pokemon have Psychic powers, I don't consider them as moves that use Psychic powers.

Machete

Gligar can't fly cuz its still has lots of baby fat but when it grows up to Gliscor it can fly!
No. Gliscor can't fly.

- From Ash's Pokedex, E033

In other words, it can fly, but it moves faster on land.
Games=/= anime.

If you want to use Pokédex descriptions, use those from Red, Blue and Yellow:
"A bird that makes up for its poor flying with its fast foot speed. Leaves giant footprints."
"Its short wings make flying difficult. Instead, this Pokémon runs at high speed on developed legs."

So yeah, Doduo and Dodrio have wings. It's sad, because I, too, wanted to say that they jump really high, but that was on the second page.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
In Japanese, Fly is called 'Sky Jump'. So it doesn't fly; it jumps from place to place.

/endthread.

Fly = Sky Jump in japanese. There, now its been said at least twice.

Nidoprince

Possible answers:

Flies an airplane, DUH
Turns everything inside itself to make a puff ball, rolls to a moutain, then jumps off of it
Shaves, shapes his fur into wings, and flies, when done, wears it again

Nidoprince

Possible answers:

Flies an airplane, DUH
Turns everything inside itself to make a puff ball, rolls to a moutain, then jumps off of it
Shaves, shapes his fur into wings, and flies, when done, wears it again

Status
Not open for further replies.