• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How does everyone organize their pc boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does everyone else use their pc boxes? The first half of my boxes are organized by type and the others have various categories. My pc boxes go like:

Box 1 (I keep misc mons in here until I sort them)
Wonder trade (basically my egg hatching box)
Normal
Water
Fire
Electric
Grass
Bug
Ground/Rock
Dragon/Dark (I combined the types that had the least amount of pokemon in them to give me more pc boxes to use)
Flying
Psychic
Fighting
Poison/Ghost
Fairy/Ice
Hidden Ability
Egg moves 2
Egg moves (Mostly pokemon I've gotten from wonder trade)
Good IVs (Must have 5 IVs minimum to get placed here)
Special/Match (Special pokeball mons and pokemon in color matching pokeballs)
Event PKMN
Legends
GTS/Trade
Shinies Rec 2 (Not used yet but I've got the space if I need it at some point)
Shinies Rec (Shinies received in trades/wonder trade)
Shinies 2 (Not in use yet but I've kept the space ready for the eventuality)
Shinies (Shinies I've caught myself)
Need2 EV Train
EV trained (My competitive battle mons)
Useful (My HM pokemon, spore/false swipe user, theif user, suction cups mon, breeding dittos and nature sync mons all in here)
Party (My in game teams and my battle maison teams)

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I usually sort my pokemon out from lowest level to the highest in the boxes. If I get an entire box of level 100, shiny pokemon or hidden abilities then I label the boxes as Level 100, Shiny Pokemon and Hidden Ability.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
It depends on my cartridge.

My X has two boxes for synchronizers, a box for dittos, a box I call utility for captureing mons, trace mons, sweet scent mons, HM mons, my level 100 mewtwos for clearing the restaurants/E4, my level 100 happy hour shiny smeargle with amulet coin etc.

I have a level 100 box which isn't too full since I only have a few.

I have 3 boxes of event mons on my AS cartridge which is all gen 6 events.

In pokebank I have 3 or 4 boxes just for vivillons.

My battle box is mostly for battle maison teams.

I have a box for dream ball pokemon on AS

Pokebank I have 5 boxes for moonball females (i have them all)

I have 1 box for each other type of bank ball

I have several boxes in pokebank for my living dex however I will have to make more room for my new living dex for Sun/Moon

I have a couple boxes for 5 IV flawless pokemon

I have a shiny box which isn't too full yet

I have a box for egg move parents and some other random parents which is suprisingly full even though I don't really egg move breed a lot.

I keep a box for Wi Fi trades so I know where my trade ready monsters are.

I also have a box for "good legendaries" which are legendaries with flawless or near flawless IV's and also my shiny cresselia

also a VGC box for tournament teams which only has one team so far.

I wish I had a second DS for a second pokebank I don't like to release monsters but I'm going to have to soon because all of my cartridges are almost full as well as pokebank. I have 4 cartridges

Vroomer

Random. One or two boxes are for my team, favorites and HM bots.

The rest of the boxes are for eggs and Wonder Trade fodder. Have so many from different trainers, I get at least the PP up prize in the daily lotto.

My Bank is in National Dex order.

Kalosian

So long
Depends on which game we are talking about. It tends to be partly unorganized and partly organized.

For OR/AS, it is like this:

Box 1-14: Various Pokemon I needed for Pokedex purposes, some HM slaves, my in-game team (once I am done with the Pokedex, which I am on both games)
Box 15 and a bit forward: Boxes for breeding leftovers which are later stored on Pokemon Bank
The final 4-5 boxes: Important things. Events, legendaries, Pokemon I use for breeding, the best breeding leftovers, important HM slaves, Synchronizers, Pokemon for Battle Maison and Contests, anything else that's important

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Currently I have my OR Boxes like this. They're pretty messy but I'll probably follow a similar pattern in Moon:

Box 1-3 - My IV bred and EV trained Pokemon, will move onto Box 4 when 3 is full and so on
Box 4-5 - Pokemon I have yet to breed with (HA Pokemon, rare Ball Pokemon, etc), will get moved to 5-6 should I need 4 for new bred Pokemon
Box 6-21 - Empty, normally used to temporarily store Pokemon I hatch when trying for a shiny via Masuda Method
Box 22-25 - Pokemon I previously used for breeding, Pokemon in rare Balls, HA Pokemon, egg move Pokemon
Box 26-27 - Duplicate perfect 5/6IV Pokemon
Box 28 - My Pokemon from my old Japanese Y save, some other random Pokemon, Events
Box 29 - My Synchronisers, might be a few random egg move Gible I caught via DexNav in there too even though they shouldn't be
Box 30 - Shinies
Box 31 - Miscellaneous Pokemon (HM Slaves, Cute Charmers, my starter, gift Pokemon, legendaries I don't use, my 6 IV Ditto and my 2 6IV Smeargle)
Battle Box - Currently has my Doubles Team in it, usually empty until I decide which Pokemon I want to use in the Battle Maison

In Pokemon Bank:

Box 1 - Empty, used to quickly transfer a Pokemon to another game
Box 2-24 - My Living Dex, all in National Dex order, only missing Meloetta, Hoopa and Volcanion
Box 25-100 - Empty, will use for future Living Dex Pokemon

Last edited:

Zealot

Boxes 31, 1, 2, 3, and 4 - Battle-ready Pokemon.

Boxes 5, 6, (box 7 is oddly empty), 8, 9 - Random Pokemon I got from Wondertrade.

Boxes 20, 21 - Legendary Pokemon

Box 22 - My actual shiny encounters <3

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
I just put them in however. I don't really have an organization system for them, tbh. If I'm working on a breeding project or something, I'll probably put them in an empty box or somewhere that I'll remember where they're at, but other than that, I don't really have that great of an organization system for them.

The only unique things I now seem to do when organizing my PC boxes is having all my legendaries in a separate box from the other Pokemon. Or, in Omega Ruby's case, in two separate boxes because of how many legendaries I have. (about two and a half boxes of legendaries)

Also, in OR, I have a couple boxes that have a few past teams from files in my gen 6 games, and teams of six Pokemon I've either trained up before or teams of six Pokemon that I still have yet to train up in the future.

When it comes to other Pokemon I catch, I don't do nay thing else unique with my boxes.

Ablazingrace

I organize my boxes by type with 2-3 types in a box if they can fit, then I have 2 legendary boxes, 2 breeding boxes, an egg box, 6 wondertrade boxes (so I can send out all my 5IV breejects on WTW :D), a shiny box, and finally a box for all pokemon that are considered battle-ready (which is pretty barren atm, only consists of my storymode team).

I sort out my boxes to fit my liking. Usually award winning Pokémon and Pokémon that helped me defeat the champion go into a certain box while other monsters are put into my extra boxes with special backgrounds. And I keep my shiny Pokémon in the "shiny" box.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
box 1, 2, and 3 are for my random captures and what not.
I always have a separate box for all my pokemon with maxed out EV's which usually takes up 2 boxes,
and then 1 or 2 for the legendaries. Usually only 1 except my main game.

Thats usually all I need

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Just did a complete overhaul of my organization yesterday.

1. Bank has my living dex including boxes for alternate forms, my current progress with a shiny dex, and my collection of event pokemon
  2. Omega Ruby has all my competitively bred pokemon
  3. Alpha Sapphire is mostly devoted to shiny hunting and currently has pokemon useful for hunts and my extra legendaries from other play throughs
  4. X has the pokemon obtained in my badge quest and some pokemon useful for shiny hunting and that's about it
  5. Y currently has useful pokemon for breeding and shiny hunting with a lot of boxes reserved for collecting eggs
  6. Sun has my living Alolan dex (minus the ones that were transferred to my living dex in Bank), some competitive pokemon for online battling, and boxes for breeding.
  7. Moon is currently in the middle of a shiny trial quest and the boxes are pretty much empty at this point.
  8. I don't even try in the VC games.

Last edited:

Lunala

Banned
All boxes have their original numbered names and everything is a massive, unorganized mess.

I just remembered that I now have one box (this is just in OR) for the shinies that I've been lucky enough to find in a few of my gen 6 games.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
My teams always get their own special box. I put it toward the end so the wild pokes don't get mixed up with them.

However in AS I actually organize eveything since I'm going for a living dex. I organize Pokemon by generation. Also I have boxes for my breeding, dex (Was for completing the dex so I knew which evoultion line to work on next), and of course my teams still have their own special boxes.

Oh I also have a box for trading and transfering to the bank.

I use the bank to order my Pokemon since you can place Pokemon on the top screen.

Flamer

By habitat. Each box has a different wallpaper, and the Pokemon are put into them according on where they'd live. Makes for a very visually pleasing PC

I also have special boxes for the Pokemon I use in game, my competitive Pokemon, babies, (read breeding rejects) and foreign Pokemon obtained through Wonder Trade. When the latter two, or any of the habitat boxes, get full up, I transfer the contents to Bank.

I then have a 'New Pokemon' box as my active one, that all newly caught Pokemon go in before being sorted into their habitat box.

Status
Not open for further replies.