1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How does pickup work?

Discussion in 'Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald' started by Brocko18, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Brocko18

Brocko18 Training telekinetic

Hey all! I just wanted to know exaclty how the pickup ability works. I am right now in the desert looking for a shiny pokemon, with 5 zigzagoons. I occasionally notice that they are holding items. How do they pick them up? Do you just have to walk around? or do you have to encounter a pokemon? and if so, do you have to actually battle the pokemon? I feel like such an idiot for not knowing this.

2. Champion Jared 14

Champion Jared 14 Well-Known Member

Basically, you just battle some wild pokemon or trainers, yes beat them, and they should randomly pick it up.

3. Volteon

Volteon Back I guess??

4. starterlover1

starterlover1 Emperor Coordinator

I think you have a 10% chance of finding an item after battle. You may find items just walking though.

5. Whompithian

Whompithian Dynamo Trainer

Pick-Up does not work outside of battle, so you won't randomly pick up items by walking around. You have to get in a battle and knock out the opposing Pokemon. If you run from or catch a wild Pokemon to end the battle, or if you are defeated, Pick-Up will not work. After the battle, there is a chance that any of your Pokemon with the Pick-Up ability will be holding one of the available Pick-Up items.

6. ~Vodka Duck~

~Vodka Duck~ Guest

just keep walking around and kill anything in ur way..... when i played sapphire i started with 5 zig's and i got a rare candy off 1 of them at least every half hour

7. Dotdotdot

Dotdotdot Dragon Tamer

Just Walk man;350; ;350; ;350; ;350; ;350; ;350; ;350; ;350; ;350; :025n172: :025n172: :025n172: :025n172: :025n172:

8. Plusle Frontier

Plusle Frontier A fresh start

Yes 10% chance after battle but not just walking and Dotdotdot can you please put less smilies in your text.