1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How does the audience not get hurt during battles.?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Emboar_Rulez, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Have you guys ever wondered how nobody ever gets hurt during these battles?Like sometimes moves will create powerful explosions and the trainer and the audience are fine.How do the moves not harm them?

2. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Cartoon physics

Gale_ and SerenaRulez like this.
  3. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: Orientating surprises!

Idk in regular battles, but in dynamax battles of the anime there is a barrier(possibly made with Dynamax energy) protecting the audience

4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

5. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

Like others said it's cartoon. Aside for some people getting caught into slapsticks, mainly Ash, the show target audience wouldn't allow them to see them physically and emotionally injured, especially not like Dragon Ball Z with the way Majin Vegeta did.

HeartThrob6000 and SerenaRulez like this.
  6. FlygontheRavager

FlygontheRavager #1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Apparently, some stadiums have energy shields. As for the ones that don't...I have no earthly idea.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Other than "anime physics", I've assumed that most attacks lose power the further away from the battlefield that they stray. I do remember one instance where it looked like an attack [I believe it might have been Stone Edge at the Shinou League] looked like it hit the audience, though.

SerenaRulez and FlygontheRavager like this.
  8. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Stadiums are created that way to limit Pokemon's attack range and blast radius where no one in audience can get hurt because attacks hit the ground/battlefield and walls ,unless Pokemon is intentionaly aiming at audience.

FlygontheRavager and Leonhart like this.
  9. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

There's never been any logic to it. You can't be in a room with a monster spitting lava everywhere or whipping up a tornado and still be okay.

Scorbunnie likes this.
  10. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

It never bothered me.

Dynamax could a problem

Last week's episode pulled an acceptable explanation with the whole forcefield thing

11. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Kiawe gave hundreds of people first and second-degree burns when he used a Z-Move at the league

What, how else am I supposed to interpret the hazy red tint over the screaming audience at that point?

mehmeh1, Cyclone and KenzeyEevee like this.
  12. Cyclone

Cyclone ^ where it all began

It would be a cool detail if there was like a psychic netting spun by Mr Mimes or Kirlias or something that absorbs collateral attack blasts to proetect the audience. Haha, I was wondering the same question everytime I see the Sword & Shield characters Gigantamaxing their Pokemon and then standing in the middle of their battle XD

KenzeyEevee and Leonhart like this.
  13. HeartThrob6000

HeartThrob6000 Certified Lover

No idea why, but I was under the impression it was the Aegislash the referee was flying on who protected the audience.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Really. Ash hasn't aged a minute but that's the thing that deserves confusion?

Anyways. Cartoon physics. Convenience. Break that apart and this isn't extremely child-friendly anymore.

15. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

If anything they should show more characters getting hurt by things other than Pokemon attacks. Like having Ash slip on an icy sidewalk and breaking his leg.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  16. Redstar45

Redstar45 Well-Known Member

And by doing that the Pokemon anime becoming into the Pokémon Special Manga ? Lol i actually would be okay with that as we DO see that attack could hurt Eureka (Bonnie) in early xy arc so i Wouldn't mind that aspect play in the Pokemon anime @Leonhart

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020