• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How does the Pokémon anime rank with other shows you’ve watched

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think pokémon lost its charm. In the '90 it was very popular, but now...
That's because it was a fad back then; it lost that by the middle of the Johto series.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I'm not even watching pokemon at this point because I don't like the current series. Even when I was enjoying it, I'd say it ranked pretty low on my list of favourites though. If I were to rank it now during SM, it would probably be dead last among the list of "Shows I Would Maybe Watch If There's Absolutely Nothing Else On"

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It's my favorite show ever!

And I like to see the protagonists achieving their biggest challenges, seeing them losing to preserve the status quo is just depressing.

Yeah, this is something I don't get. I get that Ash has to lose for whatever TPTB's vision of the status quo is, but I don't get why the girls also have to lose; for example, why did Dawn have to lose to Zoey? What status quo was preserved by that is something I don't get.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'd ranked the XYZ season fairly high for being the most consistent, fast-paced series where nearly all the filler episodes are enjoyable. Haven't finished Best Wishes but as for previous seasons, pretty low, like near the bottom.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I think pokémon lost its charm. In the '90 it was very popular, but now...
Are you sure? The sales of the mainstream games are still steady, outside of sequels, remakes, extensions. Not to mention, the crowd around the world playing Pokemon Go when it came out, something we haven't seen on any phone apps, and inspired the development of LGPE.

And the anime, the popularity was more about how original it was when it came out. Of course over time, the popularity would decline just like many other shows/animes/franchises.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Yeah it’s pretty low for me. I mean, don’t get me wrong I love Pokemon because I find it very fun to watch. But there are a lot of times when the writing could be much better. Even in the most well-written series in the franchise (DP) it still doesn’t hold up against the likes of other anime with more well-rounded characters and the sheer amount of character development they have (Little Busters, Fairy Tail, Kanon, Shuffle, Nabari no Ou, and Shakugan no Shana for example).

Honestly I don’t think it would even make my top 100.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

chalkus

Pokémon doesn't even reach my top 100 list. Perhaps if instead of resetting Ash all the time and actually having continuity as well as resolution to long standing storylines, it would have been better, but alas. At this rate our grandkids will still be watching 10 year old Ash try and fail to win.

Kirby Dragons

I don't even consider the Pokemon anime good in general, as each saga shares problems, as well as each saga having problems of its own. I also usually treat each saga as its own show (with DP as my favorite and XY my least favorite). Pokemon DP might be in my top 25 shows, but I doubt any of the other sagas would even be in the top 50.