• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How famous is Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

iraqmaster

To be honest, I'd don't think the movies are to be considered canon, otherwise Ash would be recognized instantly...

Ver-mont

How famous Ash is? Virtually unknown, I'd say.

Considering how many people enter every League championship, collecting eight badges isn't much of a big deal in the anime. And judging by this same logic, there are so many people every time there's a League tournament that most people probably forget all about most of them as soon as the championship is over, remembering just the winner, maybe the runner-up. Kinda like it happens in the real world with contest shows.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
In the Pokemon World Ash is about as famous as any other would be trainer. He may get all 8 badges and enter into the league in pretty much every region he's been in, but he never wins any of them. I'm sure he's pretty famous in his home town of Pallet, not as famous as Prof. Oak mind you. Now I haven't watched any of the anime since Kanto(Just some episodes from Sinnoh but that's it really) so I don't have full knowledge on what's happened. If Ash actually won a League or two then he might have some fame, then he might get recognized for it but it would be like a thought, you remember it and then *pop* it's gone.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I wish he were more famous, considering all of his accomplishments, but no, he seems to be just a regular character who HAPPENS to have many accomplishments.
~mlfan05

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, he's been involved in a lot of events that could cause destruction on a global scale. You'd think the media would be all over them.

I wish he'd be famous, hes saved the world how many times again?

Ash should be famous for saving the world multiple times.

To be honest, I think Ash not gaining any celebrity status for saving the world makes him rather humble, you know? Outside of possibly the third movie where I believe he did get interviewed at the end of the movie (remember that reporter?), not once has he ever complained about not getting any reports done on what happened. That tells us more about his character than what the series has done in years. So in a way, I'm happy Ash isn't famously well-known for saving the world when chances are it only ever happened in various small locations, like Shamouti Island (despite calamities happening world-wide) and Rota.

And of course, he's a kid. I don't think he wants such a high status attached to his name at the moment (except in his mother's eyes), and I don't think he ever will.

MattySadler

Purely conjecture on my part, but I've always assumed that Pokemon League competition would be televised, as sports are here. Considering Ash usually finishes in the top 8 so I guess he'd be seen quite a bit. I seem to remember that guy Shingo from Wired for Battle knew who he was, or was able to find out on the computer easily enough. I think people who're interested in that sort of thing would know him, again similarly to sports.

SilverFox

So sly
Ash isn't that famous but he is famous enough. Isn't he friends with Cynthia now? I think she will get his name out there maybe.

*~Silver*~

Max knew who he was; so for people who follow that sort of thing, they might know who he is. I wouldn't call him "famous" though.

Yeah. I think the same thing.
He's probably about as "famous" as the average Professional Football player. Only people who follow that stuff super closely know his name, and would recognize him.

It just makes sense I guess... xD

iraqmaster

Yeah. I think the same thing.
He's probably about as "famous" as the average Professional Football player. Only people who follow that stuff super closely know his name, and would recognize him.

It just makes sense I guess... xD

Kinda like sports in real life. Outside of names like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Jeff Gordon, Michael Phelps, Shaquille O'Neal within their respective sports, you have had hundreds of people come through and play, and not have any inkling of who the heck they are...

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
really famous I geuss. my whole familiy know him ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.