• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far can I get in the Battle Tower with basically two Pokemon...?

Incidentally... what would be good choices for those two? I've looked a bit back 'round here to see options like Skarmory, Salamence, and Starmie, but I think those all kind of need support from a full, proper team. I can only work with two because one spot's gotta be taken by a Pokemon I want a ribbon on, and said Pokemon isn't exactly up to par for what the facility demands. (though they could eat a hit or two, maybe, sadly)

XD's one battle CD's given me the idea of using a Ninjask and Aerodactyl to just stall with protect / substitute spam, but that'd probably take forever and the thought of trying the tower already gets my stomach in a knot. Also I should point out that this is on Emerald, since I think there's some differences between that and the RS tower. Also also I'm not looking for 100 wins here, just enough to get the one ribbon from. Unless getting either ribbon requires 100 wins... in which case I might just call it a day after getting the last contest ribbons I need and move on to gen IV. I'll, uh, probably make a similar topic in the appropriate forum by that point.

That said... any advice on this? I've... never been particularly well with the competitive aspect of these games.

EDIT: Welp, it's been over a year and I figured I'd give an update in the rare event anyone recalled this and looked back. I tried giving the stall strategy a shot (replacing Aerodactly with Moltres, since the one from XD has Morning Sun to make stalling even better) and lost immediately at the second set because I forgot this game remembers battle teams from mixing records. Turns out a Blaziken with Rock Slide and Flamethrower is pretty hard to stall, and a Moltres with no moves and no surviving allies has little chance against a Donphan. Oops!

I'm sure the strat could still work, it just helps to not have mixed records doing that sorta thing. And, you know, good luck in general, and patience, which I'm generally short on when it comes to battle facilities! At least I gave it a shot, eh. Now hopefully this edit won't pop the post back to the top since I'd feel a bit silly then.

Last edited: