• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far do you go when training a team (IVs EVs Natures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Noctowl

I use natures and EVs, but I don't pay attention to IVs.

poisonmaster

First I breed the pkmn I need with a Ditto or with a dad that has the moves I need, and I keep breeding until I get 6 pkmn with the nature I need, then I update my storage in pbr to check the iv's

kittylitter

to me ivs dont really matter because in the end they only amount to a few percentage points, no more than 5 or 6 so i dont really iv i do however ev and nature train my pokes

icewolf741

Lucario Trainer
First time through a game I generally don't EV train or check IV's or worry about natures.

Then I'll create a team with the correct natures and EV train them a little.

Now I'm creating a Battle Tower team and I'm checking the IV's, but I'm settling for high 20's for the important stats and anything for the others.

However, I enjoy breeding much more than training. And I also love to chain *even though I barely get any shinys* and plant berries.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I personally don't mind any nature, especially if it is a rare pokemon. In that situation there is not room for complaining. But you train your pokemon the way you want. :p

Natures are important for me it affects the stats of Pokemon, I Select the parentc with the Right IVs and breeeeeeed, until i get the Correct Iv's in place..

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
if im training one pokemon only i ususally hatch about 60-90 eggs than if the nature, than IV's, than if it seems like thats the one i should train i usually EV it to about level 50
than give it vitamins. than agin to 100.

JMS719

I don't go really far with that stuff. It's not like I don't want to it's just I don't get it at the moment.

Hamo

Ev trainer
if im training one pokemon only i ususally hatch about 60-90 eggs than if the nature, than IV's, than if it seems like thats the one i should train i usually EV it to about level 50
you know there is an easier way to find out nature....PM me and i will tell you

Last edited:

Hamo

Ev trainer
you know there is an easier way to find out nature....PM me and i will tell you

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
It depends. Sometimes I may try and EV train my pokemon for a day, but sometimes I dont care about EV training and battle high level pokemons. So I dont go that far when I EV train.

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
Before, I dont really do EV training and I am not particular with IVs and natures, until lately when I learned of the difference they make, I decided to have em EV trained also. Then I started to get the right natures for competitive battling and also did some IV breeding (but i do prefer to get IV breds by others since I am no expert to getting the IVs I really want.).

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
Before, I dont really do EV training and I am not particular with IVs and natures, until lately when I learned of the difference they make, I decided to have em EV trained also. Then I started to get the right natures for competitive battling and also did some IV breeding (but i do prefer to get IV breds by others since I am no expert to getting the IVs I really want.).

jaxonferz

my diamond team isnt ev trained and i wish i knew about this stuff sooner but to late now. i dont catch a hundred pokemon so i can find the right nature. that doesnt faze me but i hope i get good natures. my platinum team will be ev trained but ivs and natures arent super important to me.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Breed for Natures and EV train. That is about it, I couldn't care less about IV's. Oh and I also EV train my pokemon
in-game as I catch them (during new game that is) which many deem to be a rather difficult task

Last edited:

Chaos Rush

I pay attention to Natures and EV's, but I only use them if the certain stat they're bred for has an IV of at least 20.

Chaos Rush

I pay attention to Natures and EV's, but I only use them if the certain stat they're bred for has an IV of at least 20.

nick256

Pokémon Trainer
While Nature is the easiest dynamic value to determine, IVs actually have a much bigger impact on stats. I would say that nature is usually the least important compared to IVs and EVs. (the exception being for when a pokemon has a very high base stat)

Xenaero

The Sun Will Rise~
I have only paid attention to Natures so far, but have recently been looking into using IVs and EVs for training better teams. I'm making the jump from casual trainer, although the whole concept of EVs and IVs still confuses me.

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
I pretty much go all out, Nature, EVs, IVs, everything has to be pretty perfect or as close to perfect as I can get when I breed:)

Status
Not open for further replies.