• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far do you go when training a team (IVs EVs Natures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
i just find a nature that suits and i tend just to train up there speed and power
such as my abra (who is now a alakazm lvl 93)

Get at least 28-31 Iv's in the Important stats then Ev train. Sweepers are Easier to Get with with good Iv's rather than Tanks;Walls, etc..

Pokelight_Admin

When training, I make sure each team member has exceptional IVs/EVs. I make sure that I have each job (Sweeper, Tank, etc.). I don't go too far with training, but it is always good to have well trained pokemon in the team.

I get a decent nature like a naughty rampardos. IVs; I dun care (though I did get (accidently) a modest deoxys with perfect specials). I do EV train though I haven't found a good place for a tank yet.

Mr.L

One for the money...
I go as far as i can go, but only if i like that pokemon. but i usually only make certain pokes

Nature is easy so i don't work to hard on that

EVs also easy with pokerus and power items

IVs are HARD. so i only try to get maxed out in important stats
For example, on my sharpedo i didn't give hooter on its defensive stats, just speed and attack

I'm picky about genders. i know it doesn't really matter, but just seeing that my lopunny was a guy kinda threw me off so i made a new one. I mean, lopunny looks like a girl and mismagius is also an obvious girl. i female drapion so i might make another one( no max IVs on her)

Nicknames are cool. i don't know why people hate them
shinies don't care, but i would like.
hidden power is also a big factor so i work hard on those. but its like impossible

Xenieon

mainly a Gen IV player
For ordinary in-game battles, I just randomly train good Pokemon to Lv. 100.
For WiFi battles, I require my team to meet the following standards(for each Pokemon):
1. Have 27-31 IVs in the stat supported by nature and the stat supported by the Pokemon; 15 or greater IVs in 3 other stat, including the one hindered by nature; and 7 or greater IVs in the weakest stat.
2. Have a good nature(i.e. Modest or Timid for a sweeper Celebi)
3. EVd in the stats with 27-31 IVs
4. Have previously had Pokerus(for only 4 of the team Pokemon)

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
im not gonna be real specific with the pokemon that i train but this is what i do.

1. i breed the pokemon i want with the most powerful parents possible
2. keep breeding until i get the certain nature, and gender
3. max ev, iv, and hv train
4. and also must have pokerus

this takes about 1 week if i have lots of free time. and 3 months if im busy everyday with school and that crap

Last edited:

willt9

i do th whole "breed 4 th right nature & moves" & EV train but even thats a big chore 4 me. its all really rather dull & i totally cant b botherd to consider finding a good IV as well... that much breeding 4 an entire team wud seem like it wud totally take 4EVER!! im content with just natures & EVs. i think that wud sufice 4 th vast majority of th time.

willt9

i do th whole "breed 4 th right nature & moves" & EV train but even thats a big chore 4 me. its all really rather dull & i totally cant b botherd to consider finding a good IV as well... that much breeding 4 an entire team wud seem like it wud totally take 4EVER!! im content with just natures & EVs. i think that wud sufice 4 th vast majority of th time.

willt9

I'm not a freak who tries to breed every Pokemon with all stats having 31 IVs, but I do try to get the 2 most important stats at 31. I will always breed a Pokemon to have the best possible Nature for it's type (Modest/ Timid for a Special Sweeper etc). EVs are essential for me, I always try to do them perfectly, no matter what. I think it works well for me. It certainly gives me a very good team at the very least.

Mysterous64

The Black Knight
How far I go

But if you do train EVs and have good IVs it is worth it you can dominate in battle tower and most battles. It doesn't feel like a chore to me though to me its a good way to add pokemon defeated list. It makes the game a little harder too which makes it last longer. The breeding can be annoying i went through like 100 Corphish eggs to get my perfect one but once you do its worth it adds to your egg list too. So it may be annoying but it is worth it.
If your lazy just use 10 Proteins/ Zinc/Iron/calcuim/carbos/ that helps then you just need to do another 100 or so evs thats what i usually do with weaker pokemon.

RedZone

Underdog
All of the above.

I breed for 31 IVs in the stats I need - offensive and Spd for sweepers (ESPECIALLY spd, has to be max on anything that plans to outrun other stuff) and defensive/HP for walls. Other IVs need to at least be decent too lol.

EV training, of course. Breeding for Natures, of course. No question there.

In Competitive Battling, you at least need to use Natures and EV train. IV breeding certainly does help, especially with SPD.

BTW EV training a single Pokemon only takes about an hour if you know how to do it. It's IV breeding that takes forever.

Last edited:

matsy

Blue Team
I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't EV train and have the right natures.
IV breeding is a hassle, but if you're slack, just go for SPD on your sweepers. The SPD comp between pokemon with the same base comes up a lot and can decide games.

Pika!

"PikaPikachu!"
I try to get the best IVs possible with the perfect nature.

Last edited:
I just go for nature, hope to get an useful IV which has two digits, then EV train.

Although, I've only just started doing this. I'm doing a Magnezone at the moment. (GRRR its got a 30-31 IV in attack, of all things...)

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I don't really care much about IVs and EVs. The one thing I do when I want to make a brand new team is catch the pokemon I want (or the evo of it) and breed it to get it get better stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.