• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far do you go when training a team (IVs EVs Natures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddykong

Uber Gamer
I go and buy stat drinks to raise EVs, then I can't be bothered EV training towards the 510 limit and don't bother, and I don't understand EVs. I don't go very far at all. Oh yes, I change my team like a million times a day so there's not really any point.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I breed for good natures, good IVs, and for egg moves (where appropriate), and then I give the suitable EV spread that goes according to what the moveset of the pokemon I am breeding for will be.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I catch and breed for natures and egg moves. But I generally don't care about IVs. I might check the IVs of a new Pokemon, but it probably won't affect whether or not I keep it. I do always EV train, though.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Isn't it easier to do EV training when the Pokemon is low level? Albiet, with an Exp. Share.

I always take two Pokemon that need the same EV, a high level one and a low level one, out into the field and give the low level one the Exp. Share. But hey, however you like to do it.

I EV when i feel like it...which i rarely ever do unless im pumped to get an awesome team. Sofar iv got a awesome shiny cool contest winning hitmonlee with 185 in its attack at lv 50. I got a bunch of others that still need to be trained.
But for IVs...ehhh, im not a big fan of...so sometimes i dont even care for them, but i guess it wouldent be bad to check them out once i get a new shiny.

Dark Leviathan

Gyarados Tamer
I breed until I have at least 26 IVs in at least two key stats and until they have the right nature for competitive Pokémon.
I'm slightly lenient for Hidden Power; I'm cool with at least 60 base power.

BaldWombat

Mortal Wombat!
I always breed so that my pokes have at least 2 31 IVs. I want to make sure that my pokse are the best that they can be.

I do EVs and IVs, but I don't bother with natures.

Vycksta

In the case of Sneasels I care like the obsessive nutwhack I am... and I guess I do with my other top six Pokemon too... but in terms of any other Pokemon as long as they have a good nature then I EV train them.

Master Marc Spirt

Poké Master de 3rd
I breed my pre evolved hippowdon and got IVs 29HP,31ATK, 31DEF,12SP ATK,31SP DEF and 31Speed.It took 40 minutes.I breed a ditto with my friend's EV trained hippowdon.

Peekablue

Curator of Oddities
I used to pretty much ignore EVs, IVs and natures, but now I pay attention. I don't battle competitively so breeding a Pokemon with the "right" stats isn't that important but it adds something extra to do to keep things interesting.

I think my first major obsessive quest for EVs/Nature/Ability/Egg Moves was my Electivire. It took forever but I managed to get what I wanted, which was Adamant/Motor Drive/Ice Punch-Cross Chop. I can't remember his IVs right now, but they're fairly close to perfect.

Last edited:

Connor™

Showstopper
well i ev train, egg move breed and breed for natures / abilities (eg modest yanma with speed bosst). i don't bother with iv's though way to complicated for me ><

the_eevee_breeder

Pokemon Breeder
I don't try to be perfect.

Me......I never really cared about getting the perfect pokemon. I would sometimes catch two or three and compare them, but I usually just get lucky. I mean, by pure luck I got a lonely female Riolu from Riley's egg. Perfection just isn't everything to me, y'know?

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
I breed a bunch of Pokemon, choose the ones with the right nature and ability, and then EV train the one with the best IVs. I don't do it Smogon style with the 31-IVed Ditto and soft-resetting for good IVs.

SlickSlicer

5069 5151 2078.
I could care less about IVs. I do pay attention to nature. Regarding EVs, I try to avoid pokemon that give unnecessary stat boosts (example: special attack for Kangaskhan), but I kind of just fight whatever else without focusing on throwing all EV points into any particular stat.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I just catch whatever Pokemon I'm interested in putting in my team, and then train it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.