• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far do you go when training a team (IVs EVs Natures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFK

Eevee fanboy
I go for the works: Nature, IVs, and EVs. Abilities are iffy to me because I can't control it like I can for the rest. Legendaries are an exception since I can't breed them, but I do soft-reset for better IVs/Natures.

I find it funny. Pokemon is the only RPG I can stand maximizing stats. Silly cute creatures of destruction!

I EV train, look for the right natures, and usually look for IVs that are at least over 25.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Nothing but raising thier levels. I figure that by using other methods you take away the element of the challenge of raising a winning team. Thats just my opinion and I know that many people will disagree with me.

-BJ-

Nothing but raising thier levels. I figure that by using other methods you take away the element of the challenge of raising a winning team. Thats just my opinion and I know that many people will disagree with me.

I suppose there are two different kinds of challenges: one is building a team that consists of the best possible individuals for their species (breeding, IVs, EVs, Natures), and the other challenge is raising your team in the best way possible given what you have. Though in-game, the challenge of raising your team and beating every Trainer given what you have isn't that hard.

Jan Hella

Breed for Natures and sometimes Egg moves.

I try to EV train, but I dont keep track...

I dont bother with IVs... I dont understand em anyways...

Whenever I use the IV calc, I always have 2 red IVs. Both of which are 31. I cant figure out why...

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I keep training my Pokemon until they meet my standards. For instance, I like all of my team to have at least 200 or higher speed. Though I have a little "help" when it comes to battling the correct Pokemon for EV training, if you know what I mean.

pidgey rules

<----My Precious
I just train them to level 60-70 And if i get really bored i Start killing bidoof for fun

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I just breed them for the right nature and EV train. Sometimes I look at the characetristics, but I don't outright breed 2000 eggs for a perfect IV stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.