• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far do you go when training a team (IVs EVs Natures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EV training, Egg moves, decent IVs, good nature, best ability. Really the whole hog If I can be bothered

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
Uhh, I pick out a pokemon I like. And then, if I want to go competitive, I train for EV's, after getting the moveset I like for it. I'll breed for moves, and occasionally the right nature, but I don't mess with IV's.
-a pokemon I like
-the right moves
-the right nature (sometimes).

I breed moves and natures and gain EV's. I check IV's when I feel like it.

I don't have nearly enough time on my hands to care about IVs too much. And even less patience. I'll hatch up to a dozen eggs and pick the best nature. Then EV train.

As long as I have a good nature and decent stats I'm fine. I don't go overboard with breeding and hatching eggs because I have things more important to do than playing games. Maybe when I have enough time I will breed to perfection, but that's not likely.

Rakurai

About as far as I can realistically go. That is, I usually aim for three flawless IVs, the ideal nature, and EV train to perfection. I also try to get a high damage hidden power of the proper type if it'll benefit my Pokemon greatly.

Lately, I've started to settle with only a flawless IV in speed (If a Pokemon is a sweeper), and decent IVs in the rest, since speed tends to make the biggest difference.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
I go so far that When I EV train I actually take out a peice of paper and write down where my EV's go.

Rhiakath

String Howler
I go so far that When I EV train I actually take out a peice of paper and write down where my EV's go.

Me too! or simply I guide through the PP of my attacks, usually when EV train a pokemon it just 1 hit KO's the other pokemon so that attack PP is equal to X EVs, but I only do this to 1 type of EVs, only attack 1 EV givers, or 2 EV givers, or 3 EV givers so I can later multiply the PP usage for the EVs like I use a total of 60 PP and I only battle 2 EV givers, so 60*2=120! I use pokeradar also to always come up with the same right pokemon for my training!

Stay Sick \m/

Xenon

PERSONA
Eh, all I do is EV train. If I happen to get a good nature, then lucky me. If I ever find out how to do IVs, I'll pick it up.

Animus

I forgot about this thread I had assumed it died and was lost in the pages of this forum.

Recently ive been tossing and turning about how far to go with IVs trying to get the Staryu in my sig is proving very difficult because of my lack of good Dittos

E.J.S

Gurren Lagann.
I have just begun to care about IVs an stuff but otherwise I do it all.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I focus on natres. And recently, I've decided to focus on breeding moves, and EVs. I don't bother with IVs, mainly because they are beyond the players control.

Ging

I like shorts!
First, I pick a pokemon that appeals to me. Then I see what moves it learns, plan a moveset, and then train it. No EV's, IV's, natures, anything. If you have to plan the way your pokemon grows by determining its stats and what not, then you fail as a trainer IMO.

And don't give me any of that 'OMG Ev pokeymans r teh wins.' They're just carbon copy pokemon.

duncan

I'm really into competitive battling, so I go for everything; IV's, EV's, Natures and Egg Moves. It takes a while (usually at least a week) to get the perfect Pokemon and train it, but when you get it into battle it's defintely worth it.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
At the begging of the game, I plan out what team I'm gonna have for the E-4. By the time I get to the E-4, they are kinda EV, trained. So they are sort of competitive worthy. The problem is, none of them are my favorite, so what i do is go running from person to person, from place to place to get the Pokes. I also hate battling with some1 else poke, so I breed it. I don't care about natures, unless it is a nature that gets in the way of my EV traing. Then I try and max out all six of my favorite Pokes. I dont care about IVs either. First time Im actually purposly EV training a team. I go one Poke at a time thoug, so pretty much six weeks for six pokes.

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
i lose a lot with my current non - i.v. bred team. so now i'm training a new team. this is what i did for my weavile: i traded for a sneasel with the right nature and ice punch. then i bred it with my own sneasel. after i had 30 babies with the right nature, i checked their i.v.s and found the best baby of each gender. then i bred those, getting another boxful of babies with the right nature. and then i checked their i.v.s, ending up with a sneasel with perfect i.v.s in speed, attk, and def. i also had 3 others with perfect speed and attack i.v.s which i traded away. all in all, i probably bred at least a hundred sneasel...my weavile better be strong.

Natsu

Waves Shaker
I think I completely train them, since get them from eggs for moves, pick about 6/7 with the right nature and ability, then calculate the Ivs, pick the best one, then Ev train and level up at the end. The most frustrating part I think is Ivs, because most of times I get high Ivs in stats I won't need for my pkmn. I never look for a perfect pkmn with 31 in every stat, but most of mine pkmns have more than 20 in every stat except Att or S.Att if I won't use it.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.