• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far does Wi-Fi Stretch?

absol_trainer

I know this sounds like I should be routed to a link, but I can't find an answer to this question.

The closest Wi-Fi place to me is a MacDonalds. My question is:

Will Wi-Fi reach me if I am in the parking lot of MacDonalds? I know this sounds stupid but I can't logically sit in MacDonalds playing gameboy without ordering food or something, but if I were to pull up in the parking lot, I wouldnt have to pay a penny.

Also: Would MacDonalds cut their Wi-Fi system off after a certain time (specifically when they close?)

Kalavinka

not everyone has broadband, though

--;475;

Kalavinka

not their fault

--;475;

Mimori Kiryu

I was going to ask the same thing. As long as you sit in the restaurant and no one says anything, is it okay? And Latios, where can you buy a good wireless router? And I tried to use the Wireless Router from my school and it didn't work. :/ Is there something you have to do?

Mimori Kiryu

Okay, but does the Wireless Router have to be connected to Nintendo? Do I have to program it or something?

krazyelements241

I was going to ask the same thing. As long as you sit in the restaurant and no one says anything, is it okay? And Latios, where can you buy a good wireless router? And I tried to use the Wireless Router from my school and it didn't work. :/ Is there something you have to do?

i have trie the same thing and nothing from school, they probably have it passwored protteted that is what i found out a while back theywont let jsut anyone use their wep, so this may be the same issue with your school.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Well any smart I.T. co-ordinater at a school would put an encryption on the WAPs, since it's usually only the staff that should be using it.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
I'm glad my school's giving us free wireless Internet. Bad thing is, it won't be open until next year.

absol_trainer

Ok, first of all, I started this post and this makes me sounds really stupid but I actually already have wireless internet in my house, I just never knew about it (my brother uses it for X Box Live).

There is one thing that I overlooked a lot of times. First you have to ESTABLISH a connection (which I didnt know was required) First you start up the Pokemon game, and after the title screen, underneath "CONTINUE" and "NEW GAME" is "NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS"

In "NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS" touch the button "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings" Choose a connection, 1, 2, or 3 and select "Search for an Access Point." If there is Wi-Fi around you then the DS will detect it and pick it up.

Glitch Master

What Happened?

Wynaut?

Over here the other day, a couple of people got arrested for parking outside a house and using an unsecured wireless internet connection. It's probably illegal to do what you wanna do as well.

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
In my opinion if the WAP is unencrypted it's the owner's fault for not securing it. Now that I think about it, that sentence could be easily turned on me. :p

But it was probably more of a problem that they were sitting outside the house more than they were stealing. You'd technically be loitering and trespassing.

Advice_Gal

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here, but I don't want to make a similar topic to this one. Ok, so in our McDonald's it has posters in the store saying "Wi-Fi hotspot! blah blah something about telstra." I'm not a tech whiz, so does that mean my DS can connect to that even though it says it's for telsta phones or something? Does all Wi-Fi work for DS's and phones etc?
Thanks

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
I've seen that too. I'm not entirely sure but I think you have to pay for it at Maccas, and I believe it's something rediculous as well.