• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How far in advance do we know about the next Pokemon games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmpunk1

Hi

How far in advanced do we find out that they are making a new Pokemon game and its title/features etc?

How far advanced do you think the creators are? by this I mean when X and Y are released they will already be hard working on this next game to follow this up.

randomspot555

Considering that Game Freak is a company that makes video games, most of which are Pokemon related ones, it is a safe assumption that they're always working on them constantly.

If you want to read up on when games are announced, you can look that up on Wikipedia.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I think after X and Y....it may be over. honestly.
I think they take a break though, at least the should.
And wiki is not a reliable source, but, Serebii can be checked often. xD

randomspot555

I think after X and Y....it may be over.

And you base that off of?

I think they take a break though,

"Hey, I had this great idea! Let's stop making this extremely successful product and quit feeding our families and pleasing our customers"- said no one ever.

Again, what do you base this statement on?

at least the should.

You're free to not play any games if you don't like them.

And wiki is not a reliable source,

If a statement on Wiki is properly sourced, it is. For example, Pokemon Diamond's Wiki article states that:

With the announcements of Pokémon Dash's release and the release date of the Nintendo DS, the development of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl was announced at a Nintendo Press conference in the fourth calendar quarter of 2004.[23]

And that links to an IGN article reporting on the press conference.

Do you dispute that that is not factually correct? It is probably the same thing Serebii linked to at the time.

Serebii is a news site and it isn't exactly easy to scroll through and look through the archives because it isn't meant to be used as such. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia and therefore is easy to find old info as well as new. The OP asked for old info such as when did we learn about older games, and Wiki is an excellent resource for that.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Unless X/Y completely bombs, it isn't ending.

Ditto B1tch

After X and Y they'll start working on the third version. If GF bills some cash, then they'll start working on Generation VII while they distract us with Gen VI's spin-offs.

Ninfia-Fan

I think X and Y is the start of a revolution among the Pokemon games. After Gen VI, I see the games getting better and better, not about to stop suddenly.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?

No. Pokemon will go on as long as they're earning cash. If I were them, well, why not?

RConnz

Swag King
No. Pokemon will go on as long as they're earning cash. If I were them, well, why not?

And they haven't made the R/S/E remakes yet, which I'm seriously hoping they do.

Ausgirl

Urgh why can't people just enjoy something while it lasts, instead of worrying about when it'll finish? Considering that we have a new generation on it's way, I think it's safe to assume that pokemon will not end anytime soon. Statistics show us that a new main series game tends to come out every 3-4 years. A quick glance at bulbapedia would have told you that.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi

How far in advanced do we find out that they are making a new Pokemon game and its title/features etc?

How far advanced do you think the creators are? by this I mean when X and Y are released they will already be hard working on this next game to follow this up.

How far ahead doe we know about the games? Well, recently about 10 months or less, and that's if we're lucky. Side games are often Launched within a month or two of the game being announced.

I think that they take about 3 to 4 years to make a "new" game. (Platinum/HGSS and BW2 development cycles where shortened as they used their "old" games to build extra stuff on to.) As for what's revealed, usually very little until the game is released.

Nutter t.kk
On one final note to OP: Many of your threads are could have been placed in other threads or sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.