• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How good is slakoth fully evolved/leveled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkip:)

He's a pain to raise and he's weak right now..I know he's good if you raise him up but since he's hardly neccessary I might leave him out

crazymoose

Tailow!
well vigoroth his seocnd stage is pretty decent for the mid oart of the game and he will be able to attack every turn, but slaking gets the traunt ability again when he evolves. he has very good stats and a good movepool but he only gets to attack every other turn. your call i guess

Pinata Panda

I Am Crazy ^_^
hmm well he loafs around every other giving the other person
to tottaly kill you but i thot i might put him in my team once
then i said Panda STOP dont be stupid

JakeSteel

Has Not Changed.
Many people use him due to the fact he has high HP and good ATT and DEF. The problem is Traunt. Your choice. He is a good sustainer if you need one.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
I'd think it would be ok, just because of the high HP it gets when it evolves.

golduck#1

i wouldn't use him. probably if you want a normal type maybe loudred. but really it's ur choice

If you can deal with Traunt, Slaking is well worth it.

Base 160 Atk, 150 HP, and 100 Spd gives it a good enough reason to be considered.

golduck#1

but honestly who can deal with traunt. plus some one could use two hyper beams by the tiem you attack

Gr0ud0np0wer

Roflcopter
If he knows rest he is not that bad. He is good defensive wall, but if you want a normal type...go for exploud. Or if you can get your hands on Kanto Pokemon, shoot for Kangakhan. Thats a decent Normal type, with a decetn move pool.

IchirakuRamen

That guy with a hat.
Idk Slaking has one of the best stats in the game, 160 HP and 150 ATK base. He can easily make a wall slow sweeper (if that exists) and be pretty good at it

For completing the games, using it will be a pain in butt. For only battling purposes it is a very good option. Great HP and attack, very good defense and speed. Without Truant he'd probably be considered as über.

Gr0ud0np0wer, Rest shouldn't be used with Slaking. If you want to recover, then use Slack Off, but this guy's best with Choice Band and offensive moves.

Walking Contradiction

Feed Us a Fetus
I think that Slaking can be used in-game perfectly well. Raising it is fairly easy, since it OHKO's almost everything, and that's the reason it isn't bad when the going gets tough, either. Truant isn't that big of a problem, since Slaking can take a punch much better than certain Pokemon. I would use Slaking.

Nidogod

Slaking is an absolute beast, and if you think he's bad you have no idea how to use him. Even competitively he is an incredible option. He can obliterate the things like Skarmory that are meant to stop him. IIRC one choice banded focus punch does 70% to the standard Skarmory. That's really something, especially without STAB. Also, don't bother with healing moves. He's meant to come in, hit hard, and leave as quick as he came.

Purgatory

He's cool in doubles:

1. Send out Claydol and Azumarill/Medicham.
2. Let Claydol use Skill Swap.
3. Switch out Azumarill/Medicham for Slaking and use Skill Swap again.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

xlucky08x

Only good if ev and iv trained going against non protect\subst. pkmn

Status
Not open for further replies.