• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How good was Emerald?

Champion Shirona

It has different font from RB too.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
Emerald is great I really love how Rayquaza was in the plot of it and being able to get it before the elite4 was even better

BanetteFan

When I finally decided to get back into Pkmn RPGs for after say, a 6+ year hiatus, I started with Emerald, which was my first ever plunge into the 3rd generation. I remember it being a very pleasant experience. New adventure, new creatures, beautiful visuals, ABILITIES, and all the other unmentioned glory.

ash84

i liked it i liked how you got zigzagoon in begginng

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

HappyEmo

Emerald is by far my favorite pokemon game. I like how colorful it is compared to the 4th gen.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
It was one of the best games in the 3rd gen.You had to fight both villians,The awsome Battle Frointier,an epic battle scene between Kyoger and Grodoun in Sotopolis.The only think I didn`t like was the Mossdeep Gym Battle.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The Battle Frontier in Emerald made it very good, one of my favorite.

Mr.Nightmare

Not good enough for $40....no I'm kidding of course! Emerald is awesome and I love the Battle Frontier. I had Ruby and Sapphire when they came out and didn't care too much for em, compared to the previous versions and I was getting bored of the franchise. Then I heard Emerald was coming out so I reserved it and I've been hooked ever since. I love the improvements it has over R&S and like everyone else says....RAYQUAZA is awesome!

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Emerald was simply awesome. Better storyline, improved graphics, updated stuff in-game like E4 and gym leaders, and the biggest of all - the Battle Frontier. The game had amazing replay value, too.

Emerald was my first handheld Pokemon game. :) [Years and years of being oblivious of releases of other ones..]
I. Loved. It.
I mean, I've had 3 save files (I end up deleting one if I'm stuck in the game or get frustrated, usually starting over helps alot in my opinion :D) due to frustration & me being pretty impatient, but it's been quite fun for me.
I've had this game for almost 4 years, and I'm still trying to beat the E4 on my latest save file (took me almost a year to get out of Victory Road xD).

I also like May & Brendan's outfits on Emerald better than on Ruby & Sapphire.

Emerald was just plain awesome. The storyline, the moving pokemon, the in-game changes and of course, the amazing battle frontier.

I'm currently awaiting the Emerald remake.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I'm currently awaiting the Emerald remake

No offense but it is unlikely that Emerald will be remade.
Since Yellow and Crystal were not remade, we can say that they would only remake the paired versions, not the upgraded versions.
Therefore, among all the three Hoenn games (R/S/E), it is likely that only Ruby and Sapphire will be remade.

DarthVader

I got two fake copies of Emerald from Ebay that were posing as legitimate, which means that I can't connect them to my Platinum. But I will say that the storyline was way better than the one in Platinum and I do wish I had a legit copy. :( Unfortunately, GBA Pokemon games (as well as a few of the other top GBA games) are difficult to find now.

No offense but it is unlikely that Emerald will be remade.
Since Yellow and Crystal were not remade, we can say that they would only remake the paired versions, not the upgraded versions.
Therefore, among all the three Hoenn games (R/S/E), it is likely that only Ruby and Sapphire will be remade.

But hopefully if R/S are remade, the remakes would include the updates that were in Emerald, just like HGSS includes elements from Crystal. Although that would mean that the main difference between them would be gone...

yeminied

Emerald was a great game, there is so much replay value which is one of the reasons why I love Pokemon so much, and there are so many cool features to take advantage of.

I love this game, way better than R/S in my opinion. I only played Sapphire once and don't remember much of it but after looking back on its page in Serebii.net it just seems to be, lacking, in so many ways.

7 tyranitars

emerald was the best of the third gen, and the battle frontier was a big improvement :D