• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How good will be certain Pokémon if they had certain ability/move(s)/typing?

Lucariomen

This thread's title is self-explanatory, like all of my new thread titles (Why do I feel so unoriginal)...

Point is, users will make a customized Pokémon moveset, and you competitive experts see if it would be viable if possible. When rating, forget about the Baton Pass Clause, Ability Clauses and Evasion Clause.

Aromatisse - I think UUBL/OU:
- Using Aroma Veil, it's usual ability.
- Leftovers.
- Access to Minimize, Recover, Stored Power and Baton Pass.

So... what do you guys think?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's not bulky enough to get away with that lol, something like Celesteela would completely annihilate it with Heavy Slam. Plenty of offensive pokémon like Mega Metagross that can just destroy it before it has a chance to even set up while several defensive pokémon like Snorlax and Celesteela have sufficient special bulk to take any Stored Power with virtually no trouble, and easily being able to retaliate and KO with Body Slam or Heavy Slam. Some other stuff like Ferrothorn can just use it as setup bait and set up Leech Seed and hazards while just not caring about Stored Power. Type-wise Toxapex is weak to Stored Power but it has plenty of time while Aromatisse sets up to land Toxic to put it on a timer, and it can then just Haze away any Minimize boosts Aromatisse gathers. There's a reason why something like Clefable never runs a set like that (it gets all those moves, just with Moonlight replacing Recover, and has similar stats and the same typing), Minimize just doesn't pose a direct threat nor does it do enough to prevent it from being vulnerable, while Stored Power lacks STAB and even after three times Minimize only reaches 140 base power, it literally hits harder with Moonblast without needing to boost at all. Sure, it can Baton Pass, but evasion boosting isn't all that viable to begin with and you're generally better off passing better boosts.

Last edited:

Luthor

Speed Boost Flareon
Ability- Speed Boost

Moves
Flare Blitz
Baton Pass
Wish
Protect

I'm just curious what ability could work with Flareon and with its name being Booster in Japanese I was curious if this could help it in lower tiers. Would speed boost be useful at all?

sampleswift

Speed Boost Flareon
Ability- Speed Boost

Moves
Flare Blitz
Baton Pass
Wish
Protect

I'm just curious what ability could work with Flareon and with its name being Booster in Japanese I was curious if this could help it in lower tiers. Would speed boost be useful at all?
Feels like crappy Blaziken. Baton Pass Clause ignored, it could be a useful PU/NU speed passer, but I don't see it being used much above NU. Mono-attack means this set is more easily walled. Combusken might be competition, trading lower attack and Wish for more coverage.

Here's mine:
Regigigas if slow start only affected Speed, not Attack?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The Chansey line would be really good if they were given the Fairy typing. I know that Chansey and Blissey have high HP but making them Fairy types wouldn’t hurt and they would still be easily taken out by Steel and Poison type attacks.

Luthor

Feels like crappy Blaziken. Baton Pass Clause ignored, it could be a useful PU/NU speed passer, but I don't see it being used much above NU. Mono-attack means this set is more easily walled. Combusken might be competition, trading lower attack and Wish for more coverage.

Interesting. Thanks for that . To be honest for Flareon if it actually got to NU that would probably be considered a success given how little use it has at the moment.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The Chansey line would be really good if they were given the Fairy typing. I know that Chansey and Blissey have high HP but making them Fairy types wouldn’t hurt and they would still be easily taken out by Steel and Poison type attacks.
Thats something they really missed out on. They already look the part as a fairy with their ears and being known for helping others. I'm sure Fairy moves have something useful for them. Only problem is their pitiful attack. Most of their natural main moves are physical. But they can only learn Dazzling Gleam as a fairy move.

Also they could be useful to soak up damage if they had Follow Me but they don't have it.

Captain Jigglypuff

Thats something they really missed out on. They already look the part as a fairy with their ears and being known for helping others. I'm sure Fairy moves have something useful for them. Only problem is their pitiful attack. Most of their natural main moves are physical. But they can only learn Dazzling Gleam as a fairy move.

Also they could be useful to soak up damage if they had Follow Me but they don't have it.
Actually Chansey can be taught Disarming Voice via Move Reminder. Disarming Voice is a pretty good attack.

Pokefan_1987

Actually Chansey can be taught Disarming Voice via Move Reminder. Disarming Voice is a pretty good attack.
Looks like one of the main apps i get pokemon information from is starting to be horribly outdated. It's called PokeInfo. The other is called dataDex.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Looks like one of the main apps i get pokemon information from is starting to be horribly outdated. It's called PokeInfo. The other is called dataDex.
Just use Serebii site. It's generally up to date and accurate.

Anyway, here's an idea:

What if Deoxys, instead of having Pressure, had a signature ability that changed its form depending on the moves it uses (similar to Aegislash). It starts the battle in Normal form and returns to it when switched out. It changes to Attack form when using an attacking move with at least 100 base power. It changes to Defence form when using a move that raises a defensive stat, Reflect, Light Screen, or a recovery move. It changes to Speed form when using moves that raise its speed, evasion, or if it uses Extreme Speed, Ally Switch, Snatch, or Trick. Any other moves don't change Deoxys' form.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Just use Serebii site. It's generally up to date and accurate.

Anyway, here's an idea:

What if Deoxys, instead of having Pressure, had a signature ability that changed its form depending on the moves it uses (similar to Aegislash). It starts the battle in Normal form and returns to it when switched out. It changes to Attack form when using an attacking move with at least 100 base power. It changes to Defense form when using a move that raises a defensive stat, Reflect, Light Screen, or a recovery move. It changes to Speed form when using moves that raise its speed, evasion, or if it uses Extreme Speed, Ally Switch, Snatch, or Trick. Any other moves don't change Deoxys' form.
Only problem is using 4G eats up a lot of my phone credits since i don't use a monthly subscription plan. So going back and forth on websites when i'm not home isn't the best idea if i need the phone for a important call.

Form Change
would be interesting would be interesting but it would have to be properly balanced since all of Deoxy's stats can change drastically at the blink of a eye if it had this gimmick.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think it could be very fun if you want to bring it up to the power levels of some other powerful mythicals like Marshadow and Magearna. And having to start out in the Normal form every time it switches out would be a hindrance since that form has so little bulk it has a hard time switching in. But if you could balance the EVs and movepool well to function in various forms it could be a very unique pokémon. Now its Normal or Defence forms are effectively unused, Normal is just outclassed by the harder hitting Attack form and Defence form lacks a niche in walling compared to mons like Lugia, and its HP is a tad low for walling. If it could use its first defensive setup on the speed of its Normal forms, and then swap to Defence form, it could have an easier time setting up. Use the speed of the Normal form to set up Cosmic Power or Calm Mind, immediately go to the Defence form, then set up something like a second Calm Mind or a Nasty Plot, then start attacking with powerful moves to go to the Attack form and destroy enemies. It would set itself apart from other walls by having the potential to go to very powerful offense quickly.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Only problem is using 4G eats up a lot of my phone credits since i don't use a montly subscription plan. So going back and forth on websites when i'm not home isn't the best idea if i need the phone for a important call.

Form Change would be interesting would be interesting but it would have to be properly balanced since all of Deoxy's stats can change drastically at the blink of a eye if it had this gimmick.

They'd probably nerf Deoxys' stats like they did with Aegislash.

I think it could be very fun if you want to bring it up to the power levels of some other powerful mythicals like Marshadow and Magearna. And having to start out in the Normal form every time it switches out would be a hindrance since that form has so little bulk it has a hard time switching in. But if you could balance the EVs and movepool well to function in various forms it could be a very unique pokémon. Now its Normal or Defence forms are effectively unused.

For what it's worth, it isn't unused in Pokémon Go.. >.>

Luthor

Bastiodon
Ability- Sturdy
Body Press
Recover
Toxic
Roar/Iron Defence

I was curious if giving a healing move and body press would be enough of a buff to help Bastiodon and if so how far it would go. (Moveset's just the first that comes to mind feel free to suggest if another works better)

octoboy

I Crush Everything

I think the developers deliberately decided not to make all 3 fairy-breeding-group normal type lines from gen 1 into fairy types. This seems particularly likely seeing as now each of these 3 lines has a different type combo (pure fairy for clefable, pure normal for chansey, both types for wigglytuff).

Chansey's line may have been the one they chose to leave out on retyping due to their figuring it was the one that needed the help the least (I think the chansey line's been consistently used in competitive play, moreso than clefable and wigglytuff).

LuWisXD

I think Carnivine would be greatly improved if it was Grass/Flying with an ability similar to Perish Body and the moves Snap Trap, Strength Sap, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Gust, Leaf Tornado, and Fly. It would play as defensive as possible with a moveset of Snap Trap, Strength Sap, Protect, and a Flying move.

What do y'all think?

Captain Jigglypuff

I think Carnivine would be greatly improved if it was Grass/Flying with an ability similar to Perish Body and the moves Snap Trap, Strength Sap, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Gust, Leaf Tornado, and Fly. It would play as defensive as possible with a moveset of Snap Trap, Strength Sap, Protect, and a Flying move.

What do y'all think?
I think Snap Trap will be added to its moveset since it is a Venus flytrap and has a similar trapping function like Galarian Stunfisk.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
They'd probably nerf Deoxys' stats like they did with Aegislash.
Difference is that Deoxys is a mythical and therefore usually banned in ranked competitive circuits, while Aegislash is just a regular pokémon and allowed in most ranked formats that don't have unusual rules. As a mythical, Deoxys is surrounded by pokémon like Marshadow, Magearna, and superpowerful legendaries like Kyogre or Arceus, it shouldn't be held to the same standard as Aegislash.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

What do y'all think?

I intend to use Carnivine as my Grass-type in BD. I don't think it should be a Flying-type. Levitate works, but it just simply doesn't fly..

It definitely needs new toys though. PowerWhip, SnapTrap, StockPile and something to deal with Poison, Bug, Grass and Steel-types seems like a necessity. Even something like Aerial Ace would work, but that leaves you deadweight vs. Steel-types.

I'd laugh if it got Flying Press though.

octoboy

I Crush Everything

What do y'all think?
Would carnivine's ice weakness being expounded on really be worth whatever benefits the flying type gives it? Not to mention the flying type makes it more vulnerable to stealth rock. Boots might help with that, I guess, but is losing its bug weakness really worth losing its electric resistance? Tropius is more geared to be defensive than carnivine is, and has never been that effective, and shaymin seems to benefit more from its stat change than its type change (and its stat change is geared towards playing offensively). Might be wrong, though.

Snap trap is just begging to be given to carnivine, in any case.